How would FS 19 work on Google Stadia?

Airborne82nd

How would FS 19 work on Google Stadia?

Post by Airborne82nd »

Giants seems to have announced FS 19 on the Google Stadia....

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/06 ... p-revealed

Would we get access to mods they get on PC ?
Way2drunk2walk

Re: How would FS 19 work on Google Stadia?

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Unfortunately it looks like the answer is no mods at all. Although I could be wrong on that.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/21/18274 ... cs-modding
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Just like it would work on a console.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

would you want too, given the subscription costs.

it costs $129/£119 for the initial setup which includes 3 months subscription, the controller and a Chromecast Ultra TV USB stick, on top of that some of the latest games you will still have to purchase separately even with the pro subscription.

and in 2020 people who choice not to subscribe thereafter, will be limited to HD rather than 4K, and they will have to buy each game individually anyway.

vs.
buying FS on PC/Mac for €35/$35 direct from Giants then spending €10/$10 to €20/$20 on paid DLC, which means you get to use mods, you get to play MP potentially with a bulk of other PC/Mac users who play MP.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
OlD MrD

Google Stadia FS?

Post by OlD MrD »

I’m sure FS was in the Stadia trailer!

Is there any news?

Is it the PC or Console version, what will this mean for mods?

Bigger better multi player ??

Anyone else a bit excited?
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Way2drunk2walk wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:03 am Unfortunately it looks like the answer is no mods at all. Although I could be wrong on that.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/21/18274 ... cs-modding
Thanks man.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

b101uk wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 am would you want too, given the subscription costs.

it costs $129/£119 for the initial setup which includes 3 months subscription, the controller and a Chromecast Ultra TV USB stick, on top of that some of the latest games you will still have to purchase separately even with the pro subscription.

and in 2020 people who choice not to subscribe thereafter, will be limited to HD rather than 4K, and they will have to buy each game individually anyway.

vs.
buying FS on PC/Mac for €35/$35 direct from Giants then spending €10/$10 to €20/$20 on paid DLC, which means you get to use mods, you get to play MP potentially with a bulk of other PC/Mac users who play MP.
Idk, it looks pretty interesting. It's like Game Pass, and for me, i play mostly only sp games. Frames or lag don't bother me. I don't have 4k and the cost isn't that bad.

I wouldn't buy it immediately until more games come up the pike, but it beats 500 or 600 for a new console. I guess it depends what folks personal needs are.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I think the no mods is a huge turn down for everyone now. Mods extend the life of the game soooooooo much that it isn't worth it to play without them.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
webalizer

Re: Google Stadia FS?

Post by webalizer »

OlD MrD wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:30 pm Is it the PC or Console version, what will this mean for mods?
Stadias intention is to eliminate proprietary restrictions. I think it should not be the console version more like an enhanced pc version.
I don´t know how the provisioning of the game on the backend is done. If mods can be easily integrated over time, then maybe some of the "really good" mods from modhub are possible to integrate. But i don´t think we will see that.

OlD MrD wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:30 pm Bigger better multi player ??
This would be one of the great benefits for FS with Stadia.

OlD MrD wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:30 pm Anyone else a bit excited?
Interested: yes. Excited: no ;-)
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

redglasses wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 pm I think the no mods is a huge turn down for everyone now. Mods extend the life of the game soooooooo much that it isn't worth it to play without them.
On this game, probably for certain. I mean for me, lets say the moves they're making in that Xbox is bringing Game Pass to Steam, if say, Gabe reciprocated and gave Xbox say a Steam App for indie games we can't get in the Xbox Store, i'd opt for the next Xbox.

But then again, idk what Stadia has planned as far as maybe those same PC games i could get there.

Mods are important on this game for consoles, but i would think we'd at least get the console mod hub on Stadia. The Mod Hub for us isn't like downloading mods for PC. It's more like you're downloading a dlc.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We are currently working with Google to figure out to which extent modding will be supported on Stadia. There for sure won't be direct access to the files like on PC. But technically the ingame ModHub could be fully working like on PC. But it mostly comes down to the platform guidelines and to what extend we need/want to guarantee stability and some technical details with their API.

I personally currently see the Stadia platform as a perfect replacement for the casual PC gamer that is currently running the game at low or medium settings and doesn't want to spend $1000+ to get a new gaming PC. In that case, the only investment would be to buy the game on Stadia again and you would be able to play the game on high settings in 1080p. There is no monthly cost or an initial $129 in this use case, so the price will be super low compared to any other alternative.
And when you are very dedicated to the platform and need more quality with 4K and 5.1 sound you can upgrade for just $9.99/month which is still like 4 times cheaper than buying a 4k capable computer that lasts 4 years. And on top you also get periodic free games with Stadia Pro, which can be quite some value too.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Stegei wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 pm We are currently working with Google to figure out to which extent modding will be supported on Stadia. There for sure won't be direct access to the files like on PC. But technically the ingame ModHub could be fully working like on PC. But it mostly comes down to the platform guidelines and to what extend we need/want to guarantee stability and some technical details with their API.

I personally currently see the Stadia platform as a perfect replacement for the casual PC gamer that is currently running the game at low or medium settings and doesn't want to spend $1000+ to get a new gaming PC. In that case, the only investment would be to buy the game on Stadia again and you would be able to play the game on high settings in 1080p. There is no monthly cost or an initial $129 in this use case, so the price will be super low compared to any other alternative.
And when you are very dedicated to the platform and need more quality with 4K and 5.1 sound you can upgrade for just $9.99/month which is still like 4 times cheaper than buying a 4k capable computer that lasts 4 years. And on top you also get periodic free games with Stadia Pro, which can be quite some value too.
Thank you for the reply. I agree, i'm a console gamer, but if i could get some decent PC games on Stadia, that could run at even a better rate than my current old potato, that would be a win right there, as opposed to having to buy a whole new PC that i just don't need. And great to see you're looking into modding as well. Thanks again.
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

I would be happy with the mod hub working as it does now on console. Yes there are some limitations but not any game breaking ones (as long as things like seasons still get included).

Added to that bigger better multi player with possibly dedicated servers.

And presumably due to Stadia scaleability bigger maps this could be good.

As most have said Stadia seems to be a console hybrid. Yes it will have limits but in general if they get it right it should be a contender for the sub £1000 pc or console players.

Still to be announced are any cross play systems but they do keep saying play anywhere with anyone.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

OlD MrD wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:57 pm but they do keep saying play anywhere with anyone.
If you have access to internet. If not...SOL

Stadia... *thumbsdown*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Tomja442

Post by Tomja442 »

Hey there 😊

I'm a user of the French forum and I follow this post because I'm really interested by LS19 on Stadia.

Then, sorry for my English.

I'm coming here to find some new info about LS19 on Stadia and how he is working about the mods. Do you have?

Thanks to so much!

Tom