2wd tractor mods

TheWittyGinger

2wd tractor mods

Post by TheWittyGinger »

Does anyone know of anyone making any two wheel drive tractors? Kind of a bummer there isn't much 2wd tractor representation in farm sim
redglasses

Re: 2wd tractor mods

Post by redglasses »

I really dont know why giants doesn't make these themselves, they are still a big part of agriculture for those who cant afford the latest and greatest. Hopefully we can see some mods being made, I'm sure we will with time, its all in time. Just wish giants would make some in the base game.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

+1 for some 2wd tractors and open station tractors. Also, why did they leave this one out? Not a 2wd, but I loved this little tractor.

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

I would like to see the classic farmer pack remade for FS19. The existing models en xml files would need a rigorous overhaul, but I'd like to think it's worth it.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

I had saw somewhere (I don’t remember where) that BSM was working on converting the MF Pack. Not sure about the validity of this as BSM hasn’t said anything themselves but besides seasons that was my favorite addition to FS17
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

when was the last time IRL you see a new or near new 2WD tractor that wasn't a throwback to third world licenced manufacturing of old modals, else wasn't a compact tractor for orchard/vineyard use.

~25 years ago most main line tractor manufactures rationalised their production lines, thus making 4WD default for tractor coming off the production lines and 2WD the extra cost option, that's if 2WD wasn't dropped in its entirety from the option list because it wasn't compatible with 40km/h and 50km/h modals and the 30km/h gear-train had been dropped.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

I see like new John Deere 2WD tractors all the time here in Indiana. Not yard tractors and not compact tractors. Regardless of whether or not the manufacturers dropped the 2WD option it immaterial. There are a lot them still working fields and rolling coal
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

I've said it before but I would love to see the MF 300 series pack in FS19. They were brilliant tractors.
Last edited by Farmer Bacon on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

b101uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:43 pm when was the last time IRL you see a new or near new 2WD tractor that wasn't a throwback to third world licenced manufacturing of old modals, else wasn't a compact tractor for orchard/vineyard use.
Just a few weeks ago on this channel. Skip to 3:24. A 6130R is certainly not a compact tractor.

BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

For 17 and now 19 there is a lot of requests for old tractors and 2wd's so i really hope giants meets the wishes and make a dlc this year ..
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:01 pm
b101uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:43 pm when was the last time IRL you see a new or near new 2WD tractor that wasn't a throwback to third world licenced manufacturing of old modals, else wasn't a compact tractor for orchard/vineyard use.
Just a few weeks ago on this channel. Skip to 3:24. A 6130R is certainly not a compact tractor.

no but the 6130R dose fall within JD USA's own utility tractor segment and not its row-crop segment.

a 2wd 6R is more the exception than the rule, given 2wd is an option on select modals within the 6R range given they are all 4wd as standard, and other options you take on the tractors can preclude 2wd being available and will force 4wd, for instance selecting a 40km/h or 50km/h gearbox option, as 2wd can only be used with 30km/h (19mph) units.

also it is a Region 4 only option regardless of if its a Mannheim (6110R to 6130R) or Waterloo (6145R to 6155R) produced tractor, meaning its only available in NA (excluding Mexico) and Australia/NZ as a 2wd and not the rest of the world.

take the 5R, there is no 2wd option as there is no 30km/h gearbox option, they are only 40km/h.
the 5M and 5E do have some 2wd options, but not at all engine power or gearbox option.
the 6M do have some 2wd options, but not at all engine powers or gearbox option.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

b101uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:18 pm a 2wd 6R is more the exception than the rule
Of course it is. A new 2wd tractor period is an exception to the rule. Still, you asked for an example of a new 2wd that wasn't a compact, knockoff, or orchard tractor and that is an example. However, you're missing the point of this thread; no one said anything about *new* 2wds until you brought it up. I believe most of us are looking for some old iron.

like this:

and this:

also this:
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:42 pm
b101uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:18 pm a 2wd 6R is more the exception than the rule
Of course it is. A new 2wd tractor period is an exception to the rule. Still, you asked for an example of a new 2wd that wasn't a compact, knockoff, or orchard tractor and that is an example. However, you're missing the point of this thread; no one said anything about *new* 2wds until you brought it up. I believe most of us are looking for some old iron.

like this:

and this:

also this:
I didn't ask for ANY example of a new 2wd that wasn't a compact, you are totally imagining that.

as I said the 6130R is in the JD USA utility tractor range much like the 6M and 6E, its not in the row-crop range of 6R

you seam to be missing the point of what I originally said, with respect to tractor production lines and their rationalisation to 4wd being the standard of the production line, which is why within relevant power segments 2wd are seldom seen as new tractors.

prior to this tractors were designed and built as 2wd primarily and 4wd was an extra cost option, then the switch happened, tractors cessed to be designed as 2wd drive primarily, instead they were designed as 4wd primarily with 2wd option variants available on some tractors within the specific ranges.

as for may statement "compact, or orchard tractor..." that IS the area you are still likely to see a new 2wd tractor than in the larger new tractor segments which your no.t

and if this thread was really about old iron, then why doesn't its thread name reflect that or the OP's first post? - you know maybe my post was explaining why you don't often see new 2wd as often as you once did in the past.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's a game and apparently some people (including myself) would like to see some 2wd tractors, new or old.
b101uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:10 pm and if this thread was really about old iron, then why doesn't its thread name reflect that or the OP's first post? - you know maybe my post was explaining why you don't often see new 2wd as often as you once did in the past.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Tbh it doesn’t matter what they make now, 2wd will always be a part of farming history and that is why I think they should be in the game.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer