Next FS on next generation consoles

IceUul

Next FS on next generation consoles

Post by IceUul »

Next generation xbox console was just confirmed on E3 and will be released at the end of 2020.
https://www.cnet.com/news/new-xbox-proj ... s-e3-2019/

I was wondering here, would be a smart idea to release next FS game (let's call it FS21 here) on current consoles? Since we have a slot
problem and this basically means FS21 cannot be upgraded much. Would be better idea to release it on next gen consoles?
PS5 should be released about the same time.

If Giants wants to release FS21 for next year Christmas, it would be one of the first games on new consoles.
Only thing i am wondering, are the new consoles ready enough that Giants CAN start developing FS21 on them or they need to postpone
the release to 2021.

Anyway, it is too early to speak about next gen consoles yet, because we do not have hardware specs, but we are expecting 4k resolution for FS,
fast loading times and no more slot problem (much more memory).
Sinclaircool

Re: Next FS on next game consoles

Post by Sinclaircool »

I don't think the next FS will be on the next generation consoles because of the lack of notice of planning
Don't leak mods
iB055

Re: Next FS on next game consoles

Post by iB055 »

All I will say is prepare to be disappointed...yet again.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
L2K Perma

Re: Next FS on next generation consoles

Post by L2K Perma »

While I won't have an issue with slots now that I'm on PC for some games, still play console for others, with the next gen Xbox, it is likely that they could remove the slot restriction.

During the E3 Xbox Conference, Phil Spencer actually stated that the next Xbox's processor will be 4x as powerful as the one in the Xbox One X and is custom built for the console. It'll come with an SSD for storage with the SSD also doubling as the Ram using virtual ram. As for resolution, it'll support 4k at 120 fps while being 8k capable while also supporting real time ray tracing.

To answer your question about development, while I can't say for giants, but Phil did say that they had already sent the development related info to numerous developers for the console. In my own opinion, it probably won't be too different than what the Xbox One uses. Seeing as how it'll be backwards compatible with all previous generations of Xbox.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

I for one cannot wait for project Scarlett to have an official name and be in my hands! I'll be saving up from now to ensure I can get it day 1.

But as for fs I'm not optimistic for fs on next gen and while they would have the ability to give us 4k60+fps and no slot count it all really comes down to giants game engine and I honestly think its a pretty shite engine. Look what other games can do on PC atm with current rtx 2080 but giants haven't given PC players any major benefits to having superior systems to play on and next year console WILL be close to PC.

Unless they radically upgrade or change the engine for the next release we'll still have all the current problems and my worst is the draw distance its the worst in any current game.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

It may be a lot less of an issue but there will likely always be a slot count on consoles. Its raison d'etre is to ensure a reasonable performance of the game and when you're developing software for a machine that has a defined maximum performance capability why wouldn't you put that safety net in place to protect your product? If you don't someone out there will test the theory by doing something stupid like having every bit of machinery on their farm and posting videos of how laggy FSnn is on consoles.

FS21 (though I hope to God that isn't the next iteration) will be released on current gen consoles because it will make money regardless of slot count issues.

Oh and while slot count might well become less of an issue your bigger problem might become disk space for mods unless Sony & Microsoft change their stance on that for the new consoles.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

It will probably be an fs15 issue. Released on both consoles with the old one trying to be the same but it never really will be. I wonder what this will do to mods though, if one is more powerful better mods can release on that platform and not on the other one. I'm not going to be buying the next console as a PC is calling me but I am still going to be paying attention as to how giants handles it.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 pm I'm not going to be buying the next console as a PC is calling me
^^This^^ I literally bought an Xbox one because I thought I'd play some online with friends. Turns out, all my friends play kid's games (Fortnites and CoD) so there is absolutely no reason for me to buy another console.

People will pay $1,000 for a cell phone but won't spend $600-800 on a gaming rig. Priorities man! I've got virtual crops that need harvesting without a slot count. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I find it weird that sonney is not at e3 but yeaj the next gen consoles are gonna be sick i would almost prefer they dont rush the next fs out and work with the next gen but then it comes down to a gaming pc will probably be the same price of the next gen systems so why not jusy go pc
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Next Gen Consoles are not going to make much difference as far as Farming Simulator games go. You will always have slot counts, mod download-space restrictions, no non-licensed brands and no script based mods. That's never going to change due to the physical hardware limitations of the consoles and the console manufacturers Sony and Microsofts restrictions to ensure platform security and such things.

The best advice anyone should be giving to anyone off of this new console announcement is that great a new Xbox is coming in 2020, there will probably be a new Playstation in 2020 too. That means all you console players of this generation now have 18 months to save your money up and buy a PC for your next gaming system and be able to play Farming Simulator with Zero Restrictions or Limitations.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Foxhill1

Post by Foxhill1 »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm Next Gen Consoles are not going to make much difference as far as Farming Simulator games go. You will always have slot counts, mod download-space restrictions, no non-licensed brands and no script based mods. That's never going to change due to the physical hardware limitations of the consoles and the console manufacturers Sony and Microsofts restrictions to ensure platform security and such things.

The best advice anyone should be giving to anyone off of this new console announcement is that great a new Xbox is coming in 2020, there will probably be a new Playstation in 2020 too. That means all you console players of this generation now have 18 months to save your money up and buy a PC for your next gaming system and be able to play Farming Simulator with Zero Restrictions or Limitations.
Have just put some penny's in the piggy bank, makes sense to save for a good gaming PC as there is so much more you can do in FS and more MODS available.
Sam1093

Post by Sam1093 »

I posted on the fs21 thread in the community corner asking whether or not Giants were in possession of the playstation 5 dev kit. Going by what i have read from various sources online, the dev kits have been given out to some developers. Whether or not Giants have one, is for them to say (If they are allowed too, of course!). If they do have one, then i would like to hope that fs21 could potentially be on the next gen consoles. Only time will tell...
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well, given the makeup of the new Xbox, and one that owns both Xbox and PS4, i would assume it to be pretty expensive. And given Microsoft seems to be putting more emphasis on PC, like Game Pass and other things, they're pretty much telling me to..buy a PC.

I mean, they're putting their game pass on Steam, but what is Xbox getting in return from Steam? Do we get access to their store, to the extent we can buy games not available at the Xbox Store? The why i feel about it, Xbox may not really be about consoles, as much as they may provide Cloud Stream gaming.

If not, i don't know what their rationale is, but to buy a PC, which is likely what i'm going to end up doing, and foregoing their next gen console.

It won''t be now, but i'll deal with what i have for the next few years, and then have to pay up for a newer PC, or see if Xbox forms a partnership with Steam in the end.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

I don't think the PC Gamepass will be buyable on Steam. It's just that the Microsoft games will be available to buy on Steam as well.
The strategy if Microsoft is to bring their software to every device available. E.g. XboxLive is now also available on Android and iOS. The Xbox hardware itself is just one part of their stack, for people that want a game console.

As for the future of Farming Simulator, we will be working on getting Farming Simulator on the next generation of game consoles too. Of course, XboxOne, PS4, Windows and Mac will also be covered. I can't give any details about the slots yet, but there very likely will be a slot limit on the next generation consoles too as memory is still not unlimited. In fact, no memory size has been publicly announced yet. We're however also working on other systems to help reduce this limitation, in particular the the available fast SSD drive opens many doors.

No prices for the next gen consoles having been announced yet, but I would expect the price to still be significantly lower as a comparable high end PC, as it was with the release of the PS4 and XboxOne. On top you get a simple nice user experience with no driver mess, hardware upgrading etc.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ that’s why I’m on console as it’s nice and easy...just switch on and play. I would like a gaming pc not just for farming simulator but flight sims as well but I haven’t got the space for a desk top and I can’t justify the cost just for a couple of games. Oh and one other reason is that if I had another way to play games whilst not using the tv the wife and kids would never see me 😁