Excavator

Chris Baldridge

Excavator

Post by Chris Baldridge »

Does anyone know if they're going to bring back the Excavator from 17 ?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
dunnjob

Re: Excavator

Post by dunnjob »

It is a work-in-progress from Blacksheep Modding. No estimated release date, but it is in the works.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Yep it's in a list by Bsm he is currently working on the weba 6m in line subsoiler with plough function then Trex 600 mulcher with 3 link attachment then excavator for me this trex 600 is a game changer check out his fb page
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Did you guys actually use this thing in fs17? I just could not with the controls the way they were. I tried using it for logging but switching between the scorpion king and this thing is a giant pain.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Farmertom34

Post by Farmertom34 »

redglasses wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 am Did you guys actually use this thing in fs17? I just could not with the controls the way they were. I tried using it for logging but switching between the scorpion king and this thing is a giant pain.

I did it works great to sit in the middle of the silage bunker and load your trucksan trailer cuz you can go over the walls and dump into the trailer or truck
garyst

Post by garyst »

I tried using it to load some sugarcane but couldn't get used to it at all.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It was designed to mimic the control of the joysticks in an excavator
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I know, but it was still frustrating going from standard controls to this machine, I wish they had the option for either.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think the only way for that is two separate machines, similar to how the fendt with the simulated gearbox is done.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

redglasses wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 am Did you guys actually use this thing in fs17? I just could not with the controls the way they were. I tried using it for logging but switching between the scorpion king and this thing is a giant pain.
I really liked the controls it just didn't have a function. A excavator is for digging and loading. You'd maybe use the logging attachments if you used the equipment for mainly digging and loading. Neat mod just doesn't have a role. This is coming from a excavator operator that farms.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Farmertom34 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:50 pm

I did it works great to sit in the middle of the silage bunker and load your trucksan trailer cuz you can go over the walls and dump into the trailer or truck
This was handy use I found. The logging was painful. In most cases I'd of been better off pushing over trees and pinching them between my bucket. Something that would be tough to work in game mechanics. Excavator is handy with tree clearing because you use the trunk as a lever to push out the root ball.