[FSL]Introduction Stream - June 5

IceUul

Re: [FSL]Introduction Stream - June 5

Post by IceUul »

Question to Giants: where are our balers? Only usable on this multiplayer map really?

Photo from youtube video, where you can see these two balers are available to play.
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

IceUul wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 pm Question to Giants: where are our balers? Only usable on this multiplayer map really?

Photo from youtube video, where you can see these two balers are available to play.
Yeah totally still waiting for them, giants please
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Ok, i took some time and watched some youtube videos about how people play the FSL.

Seems to be quite fun, most players have no idea what they are doing and don't have any gaming skills, so lot of funny things happen.

Also now i understand why Giants added two balers to FSL:
In FSL each player can pick between 4 harvesters and 4 balers, we already got 4 similar harvesters in game: JD 790, CaseIH 9240, NewHolland CR10.90 and AGCO Ideal.
But game did not have four equal balers, so far we had Kuhn LSB 1290D and New Holland BigBaler 1290, so they needed to add two more and since
they want to include different brands, they decided to make Krone Big Pack 1290 and Fendt 1290. All these press same fast and same style bales, so they are equal.

Let's hope Giants will release these as mods to modhub also, so players have more choice between balers in single player game.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Vehicles in FSL are not always identical to those in the game. Some work faster etc to balance out.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Guil wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 am Vehicles in FSL are not always identical to those in the game. Some work faster etc to balance out.
That's funny given that fact the anyone can edit the files on PC and several mods have been released that are "simply better" than other stuff in the category. Balance would be last excuse I'd expect for why a mod wasn't released, especially with how easy it is to change values to make them "balanced".
Guil

Post by Guil »

Did I say anything about mods being released or not? I simply made a statement that is factual.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I see no mention of mods in Guil's post.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Guil wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 pm Did I say anything about mods being released or not? I simply made a statement that is factual.
Your comment I responded to was right under a post talking about adding the balers to the modhub and several posts above that speaking about adding content to the modhub. I assumed, I guess wrongly, that you were responding to that series of threads, basically saying that some equipment from the base game was modified for FSL, implying that that was the reason for the delay on releasing the balers.

My apologies if your comment was unrelated to the delay on the release of balers due to "balance" issues.
Eische

Post by Eische »

IceUul wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 am Ok, i took some time and watched some youtube videos about how people play the FSL.

Seems to be quite fun, most players have no idea what they are doing and don't have any gaming skills, so lot of funny things happen.

Also now i understand why Giants added two balers to FSL:
In FSL each player can pick between 4 harvesters and 4 balers, we already got 4 similar harvesters in game: JD 790, CaseIH 9240, NewHolland CR10.90 and AGCO Ideal.
But game did not have four equal balers, so far we had Kuhn LSB 1290D and New Holland BigBaler 1290, so they needed to add two more and since
they want to include different brands, they decided to make Krone Big Pack 1290 and Fendt 1290. All these press same fast and same style bales, so they are equal.

Let's hope Giants will release these as mods to modhub also, so players have more choice between balers in single player game.
Guil wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 am Vehicles in FSL are not always identical to those in the game. Some work faster etc to balance out.
You might want to have a look to the official FSL vehicle stats:
https://fsl.giants-software.com/downloa ... _Stats.pdf

The are small differences between the vehicles that need to be combined in a clever way with the powerplays.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Guil

Post by Guil »

I know, QA told me about it in a session we had after the FSL stream.