Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Tylercheesey1986

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

94% Awesome
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm Let's hope that's not the case for possible future versions...
You may be able to have some say in that ... (lol)
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

That’s for the updates guys, how are y’all planning to test it, I know have a pc with farm sim so I’d be glad to I just need to know what I need to do if y’all want my help
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Thanks a bunch you guys make FS a great game. Now if I could finish calving and actually get hay cut I could play alittle.
PlatinumTurbo

Post by PlatinumTurbo »

What is the reason for not having testers this time around? Makes the most sense to test the mod, instead of releasing a buggy release version, so I"m curious why the change this time?
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Just a little tought, for fun🤠

Its been 204 days since release of fs19. During that time, Seasons is developed 94%. Given the same speed and linear progress its done after 217 days. Thats about june 26. But maybe its easier to predict when Jesus is returning to earth. “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son« 🤠
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
CaveFarmer

Post by CaveFarmer »

Yay... Its almost Christmas!!!
FS19 - 200 hours
IceUul

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by IceUul »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:54 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:03 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am

What were the gameplay issues? I know there were some things that couldn't be worked around -- bales rotting over night, snow on road objects -- but were you referring to something else?
Grass rotting even inside sheds, or rotting in a day. Every year being the same. Boring winters (we are still trying to solve that one, but not sure it will be in)
As far as boring winters go have you ever considered making animals have to be fed more often in the winter and bedded with straw daily and cleaned up after daily to more accurately represent real life winter and the greater amount of time spent inside. Also what about trucking contracts or snow removal contracts.
Daily animal feeding was the most annoying thing in Seasons in FS17.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I don't think daily feeding was ever a thing, maybe at the start but I'm sure you could feed animals for 3 days with seasons.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I got to daily feeding, with a large-ish herd of cattle on Oakfield, but it just becomes part of the routine: get up, do the cattle, see what else needs to be done.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Guil wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 am I don't think daily feeding was ever a thing, maybe at the start but I'm sure you could feed animals for 3 days with seasons.
In 3 days the food will go zero, if you do not want this to happen, you need to feed every 2 or 1 day. Also remember we got
the animal cleaning problem. Everyday you still need to take care of animals. If we use the 12 days per month option, then
you need to do 144 days of work in a year for animals. I know in real life it will be 365 days for animals.
But now back to game, on this 144 days per year, how many days in year you need to do harvesting and other fields jobs? - not much
on speed of 5, most likely it will take 3-5 days, depending of the size of the farm. So basically this means 90% of the time you need
to mess with animals. So better not to get more job for animals. I prefer to do something else...
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

I had a farm on the map "Gamsting" from Stefan_LS. There i made HD-bales from the Lely Welger AP30. At the start i had 20 cows, it was good to feed with HD-bales, every 2 days i had 5 bales to feed.
At the end (and now, because im playing fs17 at the moment till seasons comes out for FS19) i have 38 cows, and now i must feed every day after the field work/harvesting wood 6-8 bales.

What should this say? I don"t find feeding animals boring. I have the Lely Juno 100 for the cleanliness and a selfmade front IBC Tank with 2000 Liters all the time at the water trigger for the cows.
If i must clean the animals feed out, i think then i would find it boring, but so?

I must also say I"m playing mostly with older machines, best tractor is the MB-Trac 700.

Back to topic:
I would find more animals feeding in the winter perfect, In FS17 i do mostly cutting wood, and I must say, I don"t harvest all the woods on the maps, I want that there are some trees left for decoration. So I have on 9 days seasons length with x5 time maybe 3 days work in the woods in the winter, the other days Im skipping or (because my manure triggers are going wild) do manure out of the trigger, on fields or what so ever...

And THAT becomes boring after 6 seasons.
Im happy that I planted manually trees at start of seasons 4, (because i knew my trees are empty at some time) if I hadn"t planted them, then I had no work now in the winter in season 6.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Not to kill hopes early, but I can confirm animals will still be a lot of work in Seasons19, but there will also be new features coming to make them much more enjoyable. But if players want smth that gives income without work there are of course greenhouses, wind turbines, solar panels etc. :)
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am If we use the 12 days per month option, then
you need to do 144 days of work in a year for animals. I know in real life it will be 365 days for animals.
But now back to game, on this 144 days per year, how many days in year you need to do harvesting and other fields jobs? - not much
on speed of 5, most likely it will take 3-5 days, depending of the size of the farm. So basically this means 90% of the time you need
to mess with animals.
Now THAT is some creative use of maths... :lol: (and also wrong, since as far as I know, 36 days per season was never an option)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

reallogger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 am Not to kill hopes early, but I can confirm animals will still be a lot of work in Seasons19, but there will also be new features coming to make them much more enjoyable. But if players want smth that gives income without work there are of course greenhouses, wind turbines, solar panels etc. :)
Excellent news!

I think it was TheSeb who commented that the problem with Farming Simulator is that there's no new challenge in it; once you've worked out how to farm it becomes the same, over and over and overs, so if Seasons19 can expand on that, I'll be very very happy indeed!

Thanks in advance for everything you've done.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads