Future Equipment/Game Functions

Thedebe48

Future Equipment/Game Functions

Post by Thedebe48 »

To me, there are a few pieces of equipment that are missing from this game that I would really like to see incorporated in the future - Mainly because their functions are actually pretty essential to some of the farming that this game is intending to simulate. Just curious to hear what others' thoughts are, and maybe there are some pieces that you would like to see as well.

I would really like to see a 40-60 ft. land roller in this game. We have flex heads and draper heads, but no land rollers. I know in the upper Midwest, anyone that harvests with a draper head rolls their land either right before or right after planting beans in order to push rocks down and protect their combine heads. Could maybe be used as a fertilizer layer in FS19? This seems like it would be a much more essential function in the game than a weeder would be. I don't see many weeders around nowadays as most guys plant RoundUp-Ready commodities and just use chemicals for weed control.

Another piece of equipment I would really like to see is a large windrower with draper heads, hay heads, etc. Case, NH, MacDon, JD all produce them, and it would make haying in the game quite a bit easier. Also would be nice to use a windrower for canola, barley and wheat - Many guys do this. They cut windrows, have them dry out, and then harvest with a pick-up header. I just think it would be really cool to see this in FS19. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to add the function into the game.

And I know its been talked about before, but I'll just mention it again - NH3 applicators are a big part of many guys' fertilizer plans where I'm from. I would really like to be able to lay down anhydrous in this game. Just seems like its a part of the ag cycle that's missing from this simulator.

That's it off of the top of my head so far. If you have other ideas, please list them below! I'm curious to see what you guys come up with!

And of course, I'm obviously very very thankful for the advances that both Giants and modders have already made to the game. But without input and constructive ideas, we can't expect the game to improve! So that is the purpose I want this thread to serve. Positivity, with constructive criticism. #FarmOn
brinko04

Re: Future Equipment/Game Functions

Post by brinko04 »

I would love to see NH3 applicators and pick-up heads. It would be interesting to see the land-rollers, we don't really use those in eastern Nebraska.

I personally would like to see individual bin/auger setups, not just the grain pits. We don't have a pit system, just a large auger for our 60k bushel bins and it would really hit me in the feels to see something of that nature. The standalone bins would customizable in size, 10k/30k/60k.

Also, confinement style hog barns and cattle yards that have different layouts. For example; grass fed cattle in a pasture, large feeder yards that can hold up to 1,000 cows but break down into 10 pens (100 cows per pen).

And lastly, more options on fully enclosed corrugated steel machine sheds would be cool.

I'm not begging or saying these are required for me to keep playing. I love playing this game and will continue to play it regardless if any of these get added or not. The modders and giants are both doing a great job and I thank them for their efforts.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
beauj

Post by beauj »

I’m in agreement with Brinko04 with the auger/bin set up and steel buildings. I grew up in western Nebraska and that’s what was common practice. Individual bins that were filled/emptied with gas powered or pto driven augers. Some had built in electric augers that were a bit smaller. We also had steel buildings for storage that were enclosed with roll up doors where ever you wanted them. Regionally they were just called Mortan buildings. The larger windrowers were also standard and I’d like to see that, as that was common practice. Another thing I have been thinking about, and I don’t know if it’s American farming only or not, but, most larger fields are round, because of the central pivot irrigation systems. It would be pretty cool to have that, where you run the center pivot around your field once and that could be counted as a fertilizer stage. Anyway, those were my ideas that I’ve had for awhile. Most others have come out in some form via mods.
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Center pivots would be sweet, we typically have square/rectangular fields here. Either way it would be awesome to have them and I love the idea of using them as a fertilizer stage.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

brinko04 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 pm I would love to see NH3 applicators and pick-up heads. It would be interesting to see the land-rollers, we don't really use those in eastern Nebraska.

I personally would like to see individual bin/auger setups, not just the grain pits. We don't have a pit system, just a large auger for our 60k bushel bins and it would really hit me in the feels to see something of that nature. The standalone bins would customizable in size, 10k/30k/60k.

Also, confinement style hog barns and cattle yards that have different layouts. For example; grass fed cattle in a pasture, large feeder yards that can hold up to 1,000 cows but break down into 10 pens (100 cows per pen).

And lastly, more options on fully enclosed corrugated steel machine sheds would be cool.

I'm not begging or saying these are required for me to keep playing. I love playing this game and will continue to play it regardless if any of these get added or not. The modders and giants are both doing a great job and I thank them for their efforts.
Interesting! Maybe land rollers are more of a ND/MN thing?

I think bins and augers would be great! Another very large part of farming is managing grain storage. It would be interesting if we had to pay to dry corn as well.

I really would love to see a feeder cattle operation as well. I think that's an awesome idea. However, Giants does seem to be fairly left leaning when it comes to this as they are afraid of backlash from animal rights groups. I personally don't see how it's any different from how we already have pigs in the game, but I guess they've made their point. Hopefully there can be some sort of compromise made. It doesn't need to be 'slaughterhouse simulator', we can feed cattle to a certain weight and just have them trucked out can't we?!

And lastly, another great idea. I think it would be awesome to be able to 'work' on the game until you can afford a nice Morton building.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

beauj wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 pm I’m in agreement with Brinko04 with the auger/bin set up and steel buildings. I grew up in western Nebraska and that’s what was common practice. Individual bins that were filled/emptied with gas powered or pto driven augers. Some had built in electric augers that were a bit smaller. We also had steel buildings for storage that were enclosed with roll up doors where ever you wanted them. Regionally they were just called Mortan buildings. The larger windrowers were also standard and I’d like to see that, as that was common practice. Another thing I have been thinking about, and I don’t know if it’s American farming only or not, but, most larger fields are round, because of the central pivot irrigation systems. It would be pretty cool to have that, where you run the center pivot around your field once and that could be counted as a fertilizer stage. Anyway, those were my ideas that I’ve had for awhile. Most others have come out in some form via mods.
Pivots would be awesome! Maybe use as an extra fertilizer stage? That way it helps make the investment worth it.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Something else I'd like to see would be a better finance system. This could be done with a mod I'm guessing. But I think it would be much more realistic to take term loans for land and equipment instead of having to use a line of credit like we do now.

I also think it would be pretty great to implement forward contracting into the game. They wouldn't need to overcomplicate the system by adding puts and calls or anything. Just a simple cash price like we have now, and then add the ability to contract so many liters/tons for delivery at a future date/time.
Exfarmer89

Post by Exfarmer89 »

I agree with Thedebe48. I would love to see grain contracts. When I used to farm I sold the majority of my crops on contract. If you planned right you could come out ahead.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Thedebe48 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 pm
beauj wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 pm I’m in agreement with Brinko04 with the auger/bin set up and steel buildings. I grew up in western Nebraska and that’s what was common practice. Individual bins that were filled/emptied with gas powered or pto driven augers. Some had built in electric augers that were a bit smaller. We also had steel buildings for storage that were enclosed with roll up doors where ever you wanted them. Regionally they were just called Mortan buildings. The larger windrowers were also standard and I’d like to see that, as that was common practice. Another thing I have been thinking about, and I don’t know if it’s American farming only or not, but, most larger fields are round, because of the central pivot irrigation systems. It would be pretty cool to have that, where you run the center pivot around your field once and that could be counted as a fertilizer stage. Anyway, those were my ideas that I’ve had for awhile. Most others have come out in some form via mods.
Pivots would be awesome! Maybe use as an extra fertilizer stage? That way it helps make the investment worth it.
Giants needs to separate the forum for console and PC discussions. All these things have been out for months.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

GenXFarmer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Thedebe48 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 pm
Giants needs to separate the forum for console and PC discussions. All these things have been out for months.
While i think that would be a good idea we would still get people telling us to just get a PC
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Thedebe48 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm Something else I'd like to see would be a better finance system. This could be done with a mod I'm guessing. But I think it would be much more realistic to take term loans for land and equipment instead of having to use a line of credit like we do now.
We had this in FS17 with Bank of Hagenstedt, it was a nice idea and worked fairly well.
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:39 pm
Thedebe48 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm Something else I'd like to see would be a better finance system. This could be done with a mod I'm guessing. But I think it would be much more realistic to take term loans for land and equipment instead of having to use a line of credit like we do now.
We had this in FS17 with Bank of Hagenstedt, it was a nice idea and worked fairly well.
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
I remember seeing that. Unfortunately, it never came to console.
Brady_OG

Post by Brady_OG »

I think that we need bigger John Deere tractors, and possibly the DB120.
:geek2: The Mega Rancher :geek2:
Guil

Post by Guil »

GenXFarmer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 pm

That won't be happening.
Brady_OG

Post by Brady_OG »

Oh well.
:geek2: The Mega Rancher :geek2: