New Holland T9 needs track option

Riven326

New Holland T9 needs track option

Post by Riven326 »

Love my baby to death. But she's too damn wide with those tires. Can we get a tracks option, giants?
Gimli54

Re: New Holland T9 needs track option

Post by Gimli54 »

If the t9 gets tracks we need the case ih Steiger available, case fan boy for life here
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

If they add the Steiger then we need the 9rx with 120 inch spacing option and narrow tracks!
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I think the point is, a lot of us would have preferred if Giants included all options for various tractor models. Before you say it yes, I know the Quadtrac/Steiger, 9R/9RX/9RT, are different but similar tractors but still... I've also noticed the more options a tractor has, the higher the slot count so that could be a reason they didn't include every tire/track choice and configuration.

Off topic, but am I the only one that decides whether I go tracks vs tires on a particular map and then stick with it with all equipment? Or is that just me?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 pm I think the point is, a lot of us would have preferred if Giants included all options for various tractor models. Before you say it yes, I know the Quadtrac/Steiger, 9R/9RX/9RT, are different but similar tractors but still... I've also noticed the more options a tractor has, the higher the slot count so that could be a reason they didn't include every tire/track choice and configuration.

Off topic, but am I the only one that decides whether I go tracks vs tires on a particular map and then stick with it with all equipment? Or is that just me?
That’s a very good point about the slot counts, I guess that’s the trade off. As for equipment choice I usually run tracked for pulling tillage equipment and dual tire for pulling planters, grain carts, etc. so I run both.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 pm I think the point is, a lot of us would have preferred if Giants included all options for various tractor models. Before you say it yes, I know the Quadtrac/Steiger, 9R/9RX/9RT, are different but similar tractors but still... I've also noticed the more options a tractor has, the higher the slot count so that could be a reason they didn't include every tire/track choice and configuration.

How does the slot count work and why does it factor into what kind of options are available?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Slots are ram used, more options equals more ram I suppose.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I think slot count is mostly related to the amount of detail something has such as the base game John Deere’s have a lot of detail put in then such as you can see the fan rotating under the hood on some, I could be wrong but I think the slot count is slightly and I must say slightly effected by the options a vehicles has with it but I’m not an expert so I could be wrong, to the off topic bit I normally go one brand to a map and stick with it and I normally go with tires as I’m used to tires on my tractors in real life but I’ve used the 8rt and had fun with it it’s probably one of my next purchases for my felsbrunn save
eric21

Post by eric21 »

A quick mention, the quadtrac and steiger are two different tractors
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am A quick mention, the quadtrac and steiger are two different tractors
How?
To me as a novice (looking at Case homepage) it seems they are very much alike.
Transmission and wheel/track seems to be the difference, they seem to share the rest. Cab, engine, etc.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

They are built from the ground up completely different which is one of the things that makes the quadtrac better then other tracked 4wd’s like the 9rx
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am A quick mention, the quadtrac and steiger are two different tractors
Steiger started out as a company owned by 2 farmers in Minnesota in 1958. They sold to J.I. Case in 1986. They also built tractors for Ford/New Holland, Deutz Fahr, Allis Chalmers, & licensed the product to Raba of Hungary & Vandel in France. The last tractor with Steiger name and colors was produced in 1968 then was painted Case IH colors and labeled a Case STX Steiger.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

is it worth pointing out the T9 we have is the narrow chassis and not the wide chassis variant, it is also the older variant and not the newest variant, also that the tracks (either type) are not available on the narrow chassis T9.480 which is wheeled only, while tracks (standard and not the high idler variant) are available on the T9.565 wide chassis and not the T9.565 narrow chassis.

also the narrow chassis on the large singles ends up being narrower overall than the wide chassis with tracks, due to the ~7.5" chassis width difference and how the track modules have to be mounted to the axles.

another difference is, tracked ones are slower as a function of drive sprocket diameter vs. wheel diameter, as the gearbox, transfer box and axles ratios don't change.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

What b101uk said is the main differences but from a case guy (never been in a new holland in real life) there’s a couple minor differences in the console as well on the right such as the throttle is different from a case to nh and I think the hydraulic levers are laid out a little bit different but since I haven’t used a nh tractor yet in 19 it’s been a while since I checked it might just be the color is different in the levers, I think the button layout is similar but still slightly different as well, this is just going off of the in cab views I’ve seen for nh in 17 and comparing that to the case tractors I’ve worked with in real life
FabbriFarmer

Post by FabbriFarmer »

b101uk wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 am is it worth pointing out the T9 we have is the narrow chassis and not the wide chassis variant, it is also the older variant and not the newest variant, also that the tracks (either type) are not available on the narrow chassis T9.480 which is wheeled only, while tracks (standard and not the high idler variant) are available on the T9.565 wide chassis and not the T9.565 narrow chassis.

also the narrow chassis on the large singles ends up being narrower overall than the wide chassis with tracks, due to the ~7.5" chassis width difference and how the track modules have to be mounted to the axles.

another difference is, tracked ones are slower as a function of drive sprocket diameter vs. wheel diameter, as the gearbox, transfer box and axles ratios don't change.
exactly what i was going to say...
New Holland and CNH fan
John Deere and Massey Ferguson at the second place