Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by Rahkiin »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm so if Seasons19 can expand on that
that's what we are trying to do
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm
reallogger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 am Not to kill hopes early, but I can confirm animals will still be a lot of work in Seasons19, but there will also be new features coming to make them much more enjoyable. But if players want smth that gives income without work there are of course greenhouses, wind turbines, solar panels etc. :)
Excellent news!

I think it was TheSeb who commented that the problem with Farming Simulator is that there's no new challenge in it; once you've worked out how to farm it becomes the same, over and over and overs, so if Seasons19 can expand on that, I'll be very very happy indeed!

Thanks in advance for everything you've done.
Yep totally agreed...once you've done all your field once, it's hard to start over redoing the same thing. I know this is how "farming" works (well...field part of), but since time in game is 1 day = 1 year, it become boring very fast.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
njboyplrkr

Post by njboyplrkr »

Quick questions for you guys. Can anyone confirm deny that seasons might be coming out with patch 1.4 or short after ?
Guil

Post by Guil »

njboyplrkr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:42 pm Quick questions for you guys. Can anyone confirm deny that seasons might be coming out with patch 1.4 or short after ?
It's anyones guess really.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Yeah ;-)

But to remeber: Even Seasons is out, our favorite maps have to be updated for seasons.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am
Guil wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 am I don't think daily feeding was ever a thing, maybe at the start but I'm sure you could feed animals for 3 days with seasons.
In 3 days the food will go zero, if you do not want this to happen, you need to feed every 2 or 1 day. Also remember we got
the animal cleaning problem. Everyday you still need to take care of animals. If we use the 12 days per month option, then
you need to do 144 days of work in a year for animals. I know in real life it will be 365 days for animals.
But now back to game, on this 144 days per year, how many days in year you need to do harvesting and other fields jobs? - not much
on speed of 5, most likely it will take 3-5 days, depending of the size of the farm. So basically this means 90% of the time you need
to mess with animals. So better not to get more job for animals. I prefer to do something else...
Those numbers are not correct... The time blocks for the year are broken up into the four seasons (spring, summer, autumn/fall, winter), not the months of the year. The maximum season length you could use was 24 days so the longest year you could have was 96 days. Each season was broken up into three transition stages: early, mid, and late. They would all be equal lengths and last exactly 1/3 of a season, hence why you could only alter season length by multiples of 3 days. Therefore, using a 24 day season, each transition would last 8 days. In theory you could consider each of these transitions a month as there would end up being 12 transitions in each year although that doesn't matter when it comes down to the gameplay.

I hope this doesn't come off as condescending, I'm just trying to get the facts straight so that any newcomers to Seasons reading these posts have the proper facts.
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

ltl.vamp wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 am Yeah ;-)

But to remeber: Even Seasons is out, our favorite maps have to be updated for seasons.
Actually no, Seasons will work with any map (unless the map has some weird global script that conflicts with Seasons). You just get slightly more functionality with one that has been prepared for seasons. The core gameplay stays the same regardless of whether the map is prepared for seasons or not.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

We mean the same.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Keep it coming. When is ready, is ready.

*thumbsup*
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

Wopster Tool isn't on the feature list
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm sure someone asked and RM said yes but if you find it in the thread let me know and I'll add it to the list.
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

On page 62 :hi:
Rahkiin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 am
TheCanadianJD wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:32 am This may have been posted earlier and if it has I apologize but will the Wopster tool be available again? I loved being able to see how old my trees were and if I needed to thin them out with it. I thought it was a really nice tool.
Yes
Last edited by Emil Jørgensen on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Wopster will be in seasons 19, read in thread a while ago, before confirmed list was devised
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Will the geos that launched with seasons 17 be available again with 19s launch or will there be different ones
Guil

Post by Guil »

I've added it to the list now.