Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Shambala12

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by Shambala12 »

Gimli54 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm Will the geos that launched with seasons 17 be available again with 19s launch or will there be different ones
I would imagine there will be the old ones, and new ones added once base seasons is out. Could be wrong though
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I just thought I’d ask as I’ve been following this thread since it started and don’t remember a geo question coming up recently so since seasons is in the home stretch (94% so I’m calling it the home stretch) I was wondering if anyone from the seasons crew could tell us
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I could be wrong but I don’t think Realismus made all of the GEO’s so they may not be able to say if they will all come back.
Shambala12

Post by Shambala12 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:12 am I could be wrong but I don’t think Realismus made all of the GEO’s so they may not be able to say if they will all come back.
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... y/geo_mods
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Not sure why you linked that but if you check the fs17 modhub you will see that a lot of geo’s were made by other modders after seasons was released. That was my point.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mods. ... Geo&page=0
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The GEO mods need to be re-made. Both we need to do our own, and other modders need to do theirs.
For snow on maps we fall back to the tipCol now (changes in FS19 allow is to), but we disable rotting when we use it, so bales do not rot when inside sheds that are static on the map. This change does mean that if you place a shed on an unprepared map, no snow will fall inside the shed.

Placeable also need masks, but we use the clearArea if we can't find a custom mask (we also used the clearArea in FS17)
usaric

Post by usaric »

Looking foward to play Seasons in FS19. I´m prepping up my farm, bought a couple os fields, plowed, put some lime, fertilized the fields, and just waiting the right time to be sowed (when seasons come, obviously - the soil is a little too damp to get the seeds). Until them, bought some cows and chickens and I´m making a little money out of it.
Last edited by usaric on Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
usaric

Post by usaric »

CudoYT wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:13 am ...And THAT becomes boring after 6 seasons.
Im happy that I planted manually trees at start of seasons 4, (because i knew my trees are empty at some time) if I hadn"t planted them, then I had no work now in the winter in season 6.
Unless you play at Hof Bergmann map. Then you get to make butter, cheese, organize them at the farm shop, make pigfood, make your own seeds, put the grass in the hay dryer system, store the hay in the hay storage, so on and so forth. This map make you busy all the time. It´s just a fantastic map.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Rahkiin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:00 pm The GEO mods need to be re-made. Both we need to do our own, and other modders need to do theirs.
For snow on maps we fall back to the tipCol now (changes in FS19 allow is to), but we disable rotting when we use it, so bales do not rot when inside sheds that are static on the map. This change does mean that if you place a shed on an unprepared map, no snow will fall inside the shed.

Placeable also need masks, but we use the clearArea if we can't find a custom mask (we also used the clearArea in FS17)
Will the place anywhere mod have any bearing on the snow mask or placeable sheds?
D3ltorohd

Post by D3ltorohd »

Hello Guys,

i have a quest. Something in the www out there says, that Seasons is ready to 94 %, for now only testing, and he should be rls'de somewhere around the Contest ? Is this right or only fake. This all should stand here in the giants forum, but i cant find similar to this !
Guil

Post by Guil »

Rahkiin said a few days ago they were at about 94% but never said anything about mod contest and there is no testing like they had with 17.
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

"Unless you play at Hof Bergmann map. Then you get to make butter, cheese, organize them at the farm shop, make pigfood, make your own seeds, put the grass in the hay dryer system, store the hay in the hay storage, so on and so forth. This map make you busy all the time. It´s just a fantastic map."

Yeah but that is unrealistic, in winter you don"t make butter, cheese... organzie at the farm shop ok i would say, make pigfood, also ok, seeds i would say yes, put the grass in the hay dryer system no, the grass is not good anymore in winter, store the hay in the hay storage, you do that closely after you made hay.

Though its made on the basic of the felsbrunn, so the map is not an option for me, even if (from pictures) you can"t see many things from Felsbrunn
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
usaric

Post by usaric »

CudoYT wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:03 pm "Unless you play at Hof Bergmann map. Then you get to make butter, cheese, organize them at the farm shop, make pigfood, make your own seeds, put the grass in the hay dryer system, store the hay in the hay storage, so on and so forth. This map make you busy all the time. It´s just a fantastic map."

Yeah but that is unrealistic, in winter you don"t make butter, cheese... organzie at the farm shop ok i would say, make pigfood, also ok, seeds i would say yes, put the grass in the hay dryer system no, the grass is not good anymore in winter, store the hay in the hay storage, you do that closely after you made hay.

Though its made on the basic of the felsbrunn, so the map is not an option for me, even if (from pictures) you can"t see many things from Felsbrunn
Why can´t you produce cheese or butter in the winter, if you have all the milk you need stored in the tankers? Also I looked over in the internet and Germany, for instance, produces cheese in January, February, etc., right in the middle of winter (look for it on Clal.it website). Nonetheless, you, as the player, get to decide if your farm is located in Germany or not, although the map is based in Germany. Regarding the Grass/Hay, I guess the GEO will consider this and probably will not let you mow grass, but if you have grass stored from previous "harvests", you can dry them in the dryer and store them on the top of the barn using that belt system. You can do that in the winter, no problem at all. Regarding being based in Felsbrunn, I think it is quite different. It doesn´t even resemble Felsbrunn. Fields are different, it is not very hilly as Felsbrunn, the town is in a different area, it does not have a river or sea, it has unique buildings and stations, you can deliver wheat or barley in the miller and make Whole Grain to mix with potatoes/beets and make pigfood (and you can sell the pigfood if you do not want to raise pigs), it has a skinner where you put your dead pigs and get charged for it, so It is a very different and challenging map, for instance you can put your potatoes and milk (produced from unconfined cattle in pastures A and B) in the farm shop for a higher price (retail). Anyway, since I never played in Felsbrunn, is not a problem to me.
JDawg

Post by JDawg »

usaric wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm
Unless you play at Hof Bergmann map. Then you get to make butter, cheese, organize them at the farm shop, make pigfood, make your own seeds, put the grass in the hay dryer system, store the hay in the hay storage, so on and so forth. This map make you busy all the time. It´s just a fantastic map.
I'm with you USARIC, Hof is the perfect map for seasons with the other activities you can do during winter to bring in good money. Currently getting everything ready at the farm for when seasons arrive!

Although I do hope/wish for snow plow contracts...but I won't be bummed if that doesn't happen.
erreur405

Post by erreur405 »

actually off is the ideal card for season ... I did not start playing but I prepare the farm before the season arrives.
Passing a salute to Rankin to whom I had predicted a future on giant during the development of season 17 * thumbsup *.
1000 excuses for my english.
big force guys, you are geniuses.