Profitable forestry

JohnDeere77

Profitable forestry

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Bought a forest next to field 13 in Flusstal xxl. Its kinda raining money from it. Did anyone say forestry is less profitable in 19 compared to 17?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
redglasses

Re: Profitable forestry

Post by redglasses »

I didn’t do much forestry in fs17 but in 19 it seems pretty profitable, I made 17 grand off of 2 1/2 trees
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Slightley off topic bit still about forestry..I dont do much but am thinking of starting a dedicated map like Roque River etc.. Would one of you veteran Loggers please explain how to use the map after logs have been cleared as it seems that due to terrain, replanting is almost impossible..is it just a case of clearing the map. I dont know and would like some advice as im sure alot of others would as to how to run a logging map..
Thanks in advance .
You keep a Troshin :hi:
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

In Flusstal the wood Im clearing is totally flat. But if it wasnt you could just use flatting-tool. Cost some money but that would be the case irl also
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

They nerfed woodchips. It's no longer debated which is better. It's more realistic but makes land clearing more realistically a pain in the ar**.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya wood chips are worth nothing now, so getting good at loading trailers is a lot more important now.
My Discord
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I got kinda burned on forestry, that was all i basically did on 15 while my fields grew, but i kinda wanna get back into it, it feels like there's something missing from forestry, it would be cool to cut wood for people, it would also be cool to have a measuring device when cutting with a chainsaw.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya, you know what I do. I grab a tooth pick from the end of a tree I just cut down, then cut that to the size of my trailer and use that as a guide to where I should cut my logs.
My Discord
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Farmer Foley wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 am Slightley off topic bit still about forestry..I dont do much but am thinking of starting a dedicated map like Roque River etc.. Would one of you veteran Loggers please explain how to use the map after logs have been cleared as it seems that due to terrain, replanting is almost impossible..is it just a case of clearing the map. I dont know and would like some advice as im sure alot of others would as to how to run a logging map..
Thanks in advance .
I think you should not worry about replanting... Rogue River seems to be large enough to have hours of logging without even getting Close to Clean Up the map. There are so many spots... If you are done in one place Just move along...
PS4 und PC
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I chip those thicker trees that the harvesters won't touch otherwise they get glitchy, with phantom trunks catching on objects as you attempt to transport them.