Game Lags/FPS Problem On Map Mods

Trucks&Farm59

Game Lags/FPS Problem On Map Mods

Post by Trucks&Farm59 »

I am having trouble with lag when I'm on a Map other than Ravenport. After a few hours of playing on a savegame, my FPS starts studdering from 60, goes down to 30 and just keeps bouncing around. Even when I sell all the tractors on the Modded Maps, the problem still happens. A few maps I've had this issue on were Grizzley Mountain, Minnestoa Map, Windchaser, Clover Creek, Michigan Farming, New Woodshire, Never Land...

This problem happens on every map.
I run my game on max settings in 1080p. My PC can handle 4k. The PC is capable of handling this game. I had no problem similar to this in FS17 with LOTS of mods and tractors in the savegame.
Darkmass1910

Re: Game Lags/FPS Problem On Map Mods

Post by Darkmass1910 »

Same problem....
svkb

Post by svkb »

What are you doing in game when this happens.

I've noticed that in almost all maps when plowing my fps can drop and the more plows I have running the worse it can get. (I use the helpers quite a bit to run multiple tools). Also, in some maps spreading fertilizer or lime can cause fps dips too. So on some maps when combining plowing with spreading lime/fertilizer at the same time I've seen some pretty big dips in fps. Stopping those processes and the fps immediately bounces back to 60. I can be standing no where near where these activities are happening, I can literally be on the other side of the map from where my helpers are plowing/spreading and the fps drops.

Edited: As you mentioned this doesn't happen immediately. It only happens after about 5-10 minutes of gameplay, sometimes longer. ONce it starts, if I restart my game I can plow/spread for a bit before the fps drops come back.

So it's possible it's related to some activity that is happening in your game.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Trucks&Farm59

Post by Trucks&Farm59 »

svkb wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm What are you doing in game when this happens.

I've noticed that in almost all maps when plowing my fps can drop and the more plows I have running the worse it can get. (I use the helpers quite a bit to run multiple tools). Also, in some maps spreading fertilizer or lime can cause fps dips too. So on some maps when combining plowing with spreading lime/fertilizer at the same time I've seen some pretty big dips in fps. Stopping those processes and the fps immediately bounces back to 60. I can be standing no where near where these activities are happening, I can literally be on the other side of the map from where my helpers are plowing/spreading and the fps drops.

Edited: As you mentioned this doesn't happen immediately. It only happens after about 5-10 minutes of gameplay, sometimes longer. ONce it starts, if I restart my game I can plow/spread for a bit before the fps drops come back.

Once it happens the first time, restarting the game does not fix the problem. Could it be to many mods in my folder? I get extra lag when I activate tension straps. I am mainly farming on the maps, seeding, harvesting and animals.
svkb

Post by svkb »

It could be a bad mod. Have you checked your log file for errors? I'd start there and if there is a mod throwing an error, removed it from the mod folder. If your log is clean I'd still recommend removing all mods from the mod folder and see if it still does it. If it doesn't, then start adding them back one at a time. It's a very tedious process but it's the only way I know of to root out a bad mod if it's not throwing an error in the log.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
239amg

Post by 239amg »

Same! If it wasn’t for the better features I’d still be on FS17
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

svkb wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm What are you doing in game when this happens.

I noticed your system is almost like mine which includes generation of cpu and motherboard. Except my cpu is the i5 and I am using the gtx 1060. Any possibilities that the age of our system is getting in the way of new games? I built a new system for my daughter which uses the 8600 cpu and the quick test I performed proved that the default stuttering I would get on my system before adjusting the settings was not present on the new system.
svkb

Post by svkb »

ekeenan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 pm

I noticed your system is almost like mine which includes generation of cpu and motherboard. Except my cpu is the i5 and I am using the gtx 1060. Any possibilities that the age of our system is getting in the way of new games? I built a new system for my daughter which uses the 8600 cpu and the quick test I performed proved that the default stuttering I would get on my system before adjusting the settings was not present on the new system.
I doubt it, I had considered that too, perhaps the speed of some of the components (IE: ram) might be playing into it but that's a really long shot given I can play battlefield 5 with RTX turned on and still get 60 fps. It's a pretty clear indication in my mind that if you still get fps issues after lowering graphical settings that it is an issue with the game itself. (or in many cases a bad mod) Excessive trees in a map will kill FPS even on the most powerful machine.

I firmly believe that to really resolve this issue a new game engine is required.

I am planning on an upgrade to cpu/mobo/ram in the not too distant future but I don't honestly expect that it will change the performance of this game much. (if at all)
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

its nothing to do with mods .. even with default vehicles the problem persists

i upgraded for this game on both machines and every other game i own has benfited .. except this one so it just shows there are major issues causing fps drops
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Did anybody try resetting the graphics. Set everything to the lowest setting to see if the performance issue exits then try working your way up until the fps issues start. Maybe the exact cause can be isolated. Is this still connected with the 4K monitor?
Darkmass1910

Post by Darkmass1910 »

ekeenan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:56 pm Did anybody try resetting the graphics. Set everything to the lowest setting to see if the performance issue exits then try working your way up until the fps issues start. Maybe the exact cause can be isolated. Is this still connected with the 4K monitor?
The problem is that even a reduction in detail doesn't help and the modes aren't bad - the cause is probably a bad game engine
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

oh believe me i have tried many many things full reinstall of windows 10 ...

ssd format .. also swapping to mechanical and seeing if that made any difference .. nope

full game reinstall

runnin with no mods

running game on low/mid settings still happens
running game on maximum settings still happens

v/sync on off

limiting fps in nvida without vsync

changing monitor to 70hz (no difference )

so either the game is not working correctly and optomised for up to date gpu's i.e turing or rtx or they havent tested enough on enough platforms such as the new ryzens i guarantee you they only tested on intel ..
Darkmass1910

Post by Darkmass1910 »

Shuffy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:27 pm oh believe me i have tried many many things full reinstall of windows 10 ...

ssd format .. also swapping to mechanical and seeing if that made any difference .. nope

full game reinstall

runnin with no mods

running game on low/mid settings still happens
running game on maximum settings still happens

v/sync on off

limiting fps in nvida without vsync

changing monitor to 70hz (no difference )

so either the game is not working correctly and optomised for up to date gpu's i.e turing or rtx or they havent tested enough on enough platforms such as the new ryzens i guarantee you they only tested on intel ..
Unfortunately, the problem will be in the game, --------I tried similar changes and nothing
Trucks&Farm59

Post by Trucks&Farm59 »

I noticed that if I restart my computer every time before I launch Farming Simulator 19, there is no lag for roughly five minutes. Ive taken out all my mods, used Ravenport Map only and still have this problem. On My mod maps saves, I sold each mod/equipment one by one and with out owning anything on the map and get same FPS problem. It looks to be an overall game issue, not my PC, not my mods.
Darkmass1910

Post by Darkmass1910 »

Trucks&Farm59 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:31 am I noticed that if I restart my computer every time before I launch Farming Simulator 19, there is no lag for roughly five minutes. Ive taken out all my mods, used Ravenport Map only and still have this problem. On My mod maps saves, I sold each mod/equipment one by one and with out owning anything on the map and get same FPS problem. It looks to be an overall game issue, not my PC, not my mods.
Exactly the problem of the game, but what about it?
I'm dealing with this problem from fs 15 !!
Giants SOFTWARE hope you read it !!!!!!!