[FS19]Patch 1.4 Release

bossmanslim

Re: [FS19]Patch 1.4 Release

Post by bossmanslim »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 am Everything we marked as fixed/solved on the forums is also in 1.4. We try to keep the release notes brief to the biggest changes.
In some cases this makes sense, but it makes no sense in this case because the current patch notes have no "big changes" in them.

Patchnotes
Fixed crash with very large foliage draw distances
Reduced stuttering with slow hard drives
Improved day-night transition (PC/MAC only)
Reduced specular lighting flickering
Vehicles and sound improvements (graphics and quality)
Fixed rare issues with bale collisions on consoles
Performance improvements
Fixed helpers folding cotton harvester with a bale loaded

Almost all of the above are single issue bug fixes. We already know Giants isn't going fix the majority of the modeling issues, so how hard is it to put in all the line items for bug fixes? If there are over 15 additional items that are fixed, I'd be surprised.

Why is this a common theme with Giants being unable to fully document their patches? Every patch note post is a partial list with it being left up to the player base to figure out what else was fixed. It is very annoying and not that much effort to put in full notes unless the dev team doesn't actually know what is in the patch, which is whole different set of problems.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

So 10:30 for EU nice.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Can the building placement be sorted on console? I know pc have a script so they can place anywhere but would be nice if it was implemented into the game, especially as we have to place buildings now on 2 of the game modes.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 am Everything we marked as fixed/solved on the forums is also in 1.4. We try to keep the release notes brief to the biggest changes.
So you're asking us players to go and sift through bug reports to see what was fixed?
It would be a lot more convenient if you listed the fixes in one place.
The existing list is a little sparse and vague.
Loki's Farm

Post by Loki's Farm »

Is it any 1.4 beta version for moment ?
Guil

Post by Guil »

No there is no beta.
XXJacksonniteXX

Post by XXJacksonniteXX »

Thomasmounce wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm I wish we can have hazzard lights on console
You can with a USB keyboard
add me on Xbox XXJacksonniteXX fs19 love it :this:
HP Omen
8GB ram
Nividia G-Force GT 1030
Ryzen 5 Processor
xbox gamepad
keyboard and mouse
Xbox one S
add on steam at xxjacksonnitexx or look up Jacksonite
discord at JX-Jacksonite✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ#6112
or dm me here
https://www.facebook.com/JacksonXpressJ ... _todo_tour
billbo12001

Post by billbo12001 »

Are you going to fix the workers not being able to spray digestednt directly from the BGA plant
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

billbo12001 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm Are you going to fix the workers not being able to spray digestednt directly from the BGA plant
Apparently you'll have to search the forums, and see if there is a fixed/solved tag. Good luck.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Or you could just wait until tomorrow when the patch is out and try it to see if it's fixed :hmm:
apokf98

Post by apokf98 »

can you give more info about "Vehicles and sound improvements (graphics and quality)"
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 pm In some cases this makes sense, but it makes no sense in this case because the current patch notes have no "big changes" in them.

Patchnotes
Fixed crash with very large foliage draw distances
Reduced stuttering with slow hard drives
Improved day-night transition (PC/MAC only)
Reduced specular lighting flickering
Vehicles and sound improvements (graphics and quality)
Fixed rare issues with bale collisions on consoles
Performance improvements
Fixed helpers folding cotton harvester with a bale loaded

Almost all of the above are single issue bug fixes. We already know Giants isn't going fix the majority of the modeling issues, so how hard is it to put in all the line items for bug fixes? If there are over 15 additional items that are fixed, I'd be surprised.

Why is this a common theme with Giants being unable to fully document their patches? Every patch note post is a partial list with it being left up to the player base to figure out what else was fixed. It is very annoying and not that much effort to put in full notes unless the dev team doesn't actually know what is in the patch, which is whole different set of problems.
That's extremely demeaning.

While I haven't seen the patch in action (obviously) the list of patch notes contains some of the hardest to implement fixes for the game. Software performance improvements for free are certainly not easily accomplished. The flickering of the shadows was one of the worst side-affects of FS19's new graphics system (and not easily rectified), and if this fixes or lessens them then one of the fundamental issues with the game has been at least partially addressed.

Granted the vehicle sounds should have been better from the start (especially after GIANTS highlighted them before release), but again they are (hopefully) addressing them.

What were you actually expecting? A new game?

While some of us would like to analyse every change in the game (don't get me wrong, I include myself in that) that's not going to happen. They could expand it, yes, but very few developers list every single little change with a patch. This isn't GitHub.
Gamling

Post by Gamling »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 pm
Gamling wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 am I really want it to be possible to draw fields with the landscape tool, would it be possible to do :?: :!: :biggrin2:
You can use a plow for this
Yes i know but it would be nice to be able to do it with landscaping tool so you can get it exactly how you want it, without the need to use the tool to straighten the field after you used the plow.
Glorious PC gaming master race. :biggrin2:
Chad05

Post by Chad05 »

This my prediction I hope seasons will be added in with the 1.4 patch I don't know if that what their up to but it a possibility if there are just wanting to be briefed on what the 1.4 patches going to have in it we just have to wait and see I could be wrong about seasons fingers crossed.
Rico1978

Post by Rico1978 »

i would love to see a fix on the pallets , when picking with fork any type , it gets stuck on it and this is from fs15