Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one

Farmer Bacon

Re: Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one

Post by Farmer Bacon »

That's a good idea. You have to select the combine header to raise and lower it (true for the Massey 7347 at least) so I can't see why the hazards couldn't be set to when the vehicle is selected.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The way controls work are different depending on the buttons I think.

For example, you can use indicators and beacons regardless of which tool is activated. And with front loaders on tractors you can move certain functions even if you have the trailer selected or whatever is on the back.

The buttons like X, Y, A & B on xboxes work dependant on the selected implement. Although certain buttons will work regardless, like engine start.

Must be a nightmare to program.

Saying that, RB &Down has been suggested by players as an available option multiple times in multiple threads since FS15. Fairly sure if it was a simple case of assigning a button Giants would have done it just to shut us up 😜
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

It's possible for Hazards to come to consoles, however a little programming is required and you can utilize the same buttons R1+Up/Dpad:

The first time you press R1+Up
1. Beacons
Second time
2. Hazards
Third time
3. Beacons/Hazards
Fourth time
4. Off

They utilize the same button combination (R1+B XB1) when turning on headlights, going from low beam to high beam, why can't they utilize the same button combination (R1+Up) for Beacons and Hazards.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

The actual function is already written into the game. There is also an assigned button binding in place for PC.

So one would think that all they would need to do is assign a button combo for Xbox and ps4.

I'm just not seeing how it could be that difficult or complex when its already utilized on pc.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

iB055 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 pm The actual function is already written into the game. There is also an assigned button binding in place for PC.

So one would think that all they would need to do is assign a button combo for Xbox and ps4.

I'm just not seeing how it could be that difficult or complex when its already utilized on pc.
I agree, but the same argument could be said that if it’s that easy they would have done it in the last 4 years rather than have people constantly ask for it as the actual function was in game on consoles in FS17 and I think FS15 with a keyboard attached.

Who knows, apart from giants of course 😆
Guil

Post by Guil »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:33 pm The way controls work are different depending on the buttons I think.

For example, you can use indicators and beacons regardless of which tool is activated. And with front loaders on tractors you can move certain functions even if you have the trailer selected or whatever is on the back.

The buttons like X, Y, A & B on xboxes work dependant on the selected implement. Although certain buttons will work regardless, like engine start.

Must be a nightmare to program.

Saying that, RB &Down has been suggested by players as an available option multiple times in multiple threads since FS15. Fairly sure if it was a simple case of assigning a button Giants would have done it just to shut us up 😜
Isn't that the command to open the pipe on combines and augers?
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

But cant you select the tractor amd press rb down amd it wont prompt the auger wagon?
Brady_OG

Post by Brady_OG »

What about pushing both controller sticks down?
:geek2: The Mega Rancher :geek2:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

FarmerJDC wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:34 pm But cant you select the tractor amd press rb down amd it wont prompt the auger wagon?
You could, but that wouldn't work on combines as you couldn't separate the hazards and pipe out to different control groups. Much like how you can't right now in game if you have a Harvester which has an adjustable pipe, then adjust the comb on the header as it uses the same LB+RS control, which means on something like the big case Harvester you can adjust the combines pipe angle, but you lose the ability to adjust and change the header.

Like I say the best button combos to assign to Hazards and some other things in game would be using the L2+R2 as it's base, so for example Hazards on and off controlled by L2+R2+Down, doesn't conflict with any other control with any other vehicle/tool as it's not presently used in game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Brady_OG

Post by Brady_OG »

OK
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

What about R1&R2 with L1&L2 at the same time or R2&L2 with R3 or L3? Idk why all of a sudden I'm interested in this
Brady_OG

Post by Brady_OG »

You could always email the developers with your ideas.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

FarmerJDC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 am Idk why all of a sudden I'm interested in this
My interest is purely to see if anybody comes up with an answer different to the other suggestions that have been debunked in many threads in the last 3-4 years.

Yours seems to have a combination I haven’t seen before although you couldn’t use one of them while driving the tractor as you would be accelerating and braking at the same time.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Haha yeah that's why this is literally my first time on this topic because i figured it would accomplish nothing.
Brady_OG

Post by Brady_OG »

Someone needs to mod it in for console.