New update

vondeylenfarms

New update

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I know there is a thread on the announcement page but im looking for more actual gameplay feedback. I can't play for couple days and just looking to see how the changes are? Sounds better and what not? Thanks
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
livesea72

Re: New update

Post by livesea72 »

I noticed the ring around the tractors for the hdr is toned down a bit which is welcome imo. Tractors look cleaner and sounds seem to be better at all ranges.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I noticed pallets and bin bags have new artwork.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

I’m on console and it looks sharper, sounds better especially with decent headphones, draw distance is certainly further.
You keep a Troshin :hi:
biggy12uk

Post by biggy12uk »

I can't seem to pull up the game log so that I can activate the flight mod,not sure if it's due to the update or that I'm being dumb. Anyone else having the same problem?
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

So far I tried PeterVill out after the update and was getting really bad FR drops. Huge stuttering drops. I'll check it out further later, but as of now my head hurts.
BigDiesel96

Post by BigDiesel96 »

They took challenger off of the ideal harvester
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I am experiencing bad stuttering. I was running on "High (Custom 1900 X 1200)". I lowered the setting to Medium and reduced the stuttering - but it is still bad. Tractors and implements do appear crisper but the stuttering is bad and was not there in version 1.3

I may restart back to 1.3 as this is bad as FS17 was on my old slow computer.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I had stuttering on Marwell Manor but the usual run around in the pickup got it back, so I think it was a shader change.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dagrump wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:05 am I am experiencing bad stuttering. I was running on "High (Custom 1900 X 1200)". I lowered the setting to Medium and reduced the stuttering - but it is still bad. Tractors and implements do appear crisper but the stuttering is bad and was not there in version 1.3

I may restart back to 1.3 as this is bad as FS17 was on my old slow computer.
I've seen a few errors in people's logs which will be caused by script mods (not experienced any myself), but if it's just stuttering then it's just rebuilding the shaders (probably to do with the graphical changes in 1.4). It will do it when jumping between vehicles at first and when you first revisit areas of the map, but will quickly settle down.

If it continues you can try clearing the shader_cache folder (C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\shader_cache) which I found necessary with FS15 I think it was, so might be worth a try. It will definitely stutter when you next load the game, but again it should settle down quickly.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:09 am I had stuttering on Marwell Manor but the usual run around in the pickup got it back, so I think it was a shader change.
I am not sure I understand the "usual run around in the pickup". Exactly what was it you had done. I just set to low computer and it still stutters.

Looking for any suggestions - I was just starting to like F19 too and the chief of finances won't let me buy another new computer.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

See above. It's either a dodgy mod (look for errors and warnings in your log) or just drive around the map a few times. The stuttering will go once it's rebuilt the shader cache.
Guil

Post by Guil »

When you start on a new map the game builds shaders so it runs better in future. These get built as you are travelling around the map so it's advised to do it during the day and night.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

As far as console go's its a lot better, i have notice also that you can see in the shadows now as well, also when you start going up or down hill when driving the engine tone changes, IMO a lot better
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Dagrump wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am
blue_painted wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:09 am I had stuttering on Marwell Manor but the usual run around in the pickup got it back, so I think it was a shader change.
I am not sure I understand the "usual run around in the pickup". Exactly what was it you had done. I just set to low computer and it still stutters.

Looking for any suggestions - I was just starting to like F19 too and the chief of finances won't let me buy another new computer.
Just as Guil and this_is_gav say (of course!)

I jump in the pickup because it is fastest, set the time scale to 1 if I'm playing a "real game", and then drive like a maniac everywhere I can get to: you get lags and stutters as the various shaders are rebuilt but once they are done it all smooths out.

If you change your shader settings in Advanced Graphics Options, you'll get the same stuttering - so don't do that unless you have to!
Last edited by blue_painted on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads