Is FS19 missing something?

Snowmexican

Re: Is FS19 missing something?

Post by Snowmexican »

Guil wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:00 am
DevilkidHUN wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Guil wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm It shows on screen how to show all mods.
Yes, on a bright background with white symbole and text color. That's what I look for, obviously. Why would you want something that people can notice?
Don't shoot the messenger and the point still stands.
More to the point when people go to a list of downloads they don't expect to have to change multiple settings just to see everything available. No everyone is bored to death and has all the time in the world to investigate problems
Guil

Post by Guil »

What multiple settings are you reffering to? It's one button combo.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

With as much confusion as it has caused Guil, you have to admit, maybe, just maybe it's not a good feature.

I watch streams, and when say someone is playing on Marwell, they'll ask in chat when the map is coming to the ModHub. I understand it's just hitting a button, but people aren't seeing it or looking for it. So sometimes a new feature isn't a good one.

We had a top downloaded tab on 17, that was nice. But I shouldn't go to "newest releases" and have to sort on top of that. Newest Releases are newest releases. My kids just got me fired up, and to escape reality I have come on here. So maybe my tone isn't right. But the feature still isn't a good one.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Gold Nuggets/Coins whatever you can collect. Also Hail would be nice.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Chicken transport (or remove the fee). Multiple contracts. Building placement. Yes, FS19 is missing some things.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Is FS19 missing something? Yes! For me, it's not the lighting nor the mods (though, not going to lie... I can't wait for seasons). But, FS19 is desolate. In FS17, you take a drive into town. You have cars going by every little bit and there is people walking up and down the sidewalks. Made FS17 feel "homey". In FS19, there are no people walking around in town... cars, 1 passes every so often, but... nowhere near as many as there was in FS17. In FS19, it's just so lonely. It feels you're the only living soul anywhere in or around town, give or take the occasional car that's probably packed up and moving away to find somewhere that's no so desolate. It just doesn't have that "homey" vibe. It's more like, you're a farmer... making a living in a Ghost Town. In FS17, I needed something. I drove to the shop, and made my purchase from the shop (probably said hello back to the people that said hi when I got close to them... don't judge). But, in FS19. I just bring up the shop menu while at the farm (Online Order, anyone?) Because, going to the shop... why bother? Probably won't be anyone there anyway! :sadnew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm not too bothered by the lack of people. They felt so fake anyway, given that they only walked around in a circle. Obviously the traffic do too, but with their longer spline its less obvious. The only map I saw any real thought put into the people (and dog) was The West Coast on FS17 along the map-long public footpath.

I'm pleased there's fewer cars. Let's face it, the fact that they're made from solid granite does get annoying at times and on the roads of many of the maps you wouldn't see all that many cars in average through the day. It would be nice if the traffic density changed a little throughout the day I suppose, so you got more at rush hours and fewer throughout the day (and nearly none at night). I'm hopeful at some point we'll get a reworking of the AI in FS2x with more intelligent workers (who can cart) and hopefully ties in with semi-intelligent traffic (who stop at junctions, slowdown for tight corners and drive at more than 30km/h). That would improve the feeling of life no end.

I agree that there could there be more 'life' in general though, given how much GIANTS talked about immersion in the game ahead of release.

I hope for the next version that the birds get a bit of an improvement. Maybe a mask for where they can or can't go (so I don't find a crow in the shed which proceeds to fly straight through the roof when I approach it). It would be brilliant to see seagulls follow the plough, cultivator and seed drills too and a few other breeds, which modders could change region-to-region (or dare I say it, is in a Seasons GEO file?).

The deer briefly mentioned a couple of months before release obviously didn't make it in, though at the time I did wonder if that was something simply lost in translation and they thought they were being asked about the green Deere rather than the mammal. Something like that would need to be very subtle and rare, but well done would be a nice little surprise when you saw them.

The dog, in my opinion, was a complete waste of time. It was so halfhearted they might as well have not bothered.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Oh, I agree with you 100%... my friend. Just, as fake as they were. At least FS17 wasn't a desolate ghost town. There was people, straight from "Equilibrium" or even "We Happy Few" but, they were there! But, to be honest. The "fakeness" of the people never bothered me. Traffic on the other hand... I'd be driving about 35 to 40mph depending on vehicle (Speed Limit mind you = 50MPH) on a 4 lane road and BAM, car pulls out in front of me doing 15 to 25........................................ and the nerve of them. I'm airborn in a semi truck loaded of hay, hard difficulty and on seasons... with 100 sheep and 100 cows. Heading towards the lake flying faster than I was driving, now... he's driving away like a bug hit his window :sadnew: :frown: He didn't even stop to ask if I was okay! Can you believe that? Sometimes I really miss being able to block the roads and lift the cars with a wheel loader and dump them over the bridges!!! :lol: :coolnew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20 am (snip)
I'm pleased there's fewer cars. Let's face it, the fact that they're made from solid granite does get annoying at times ...
Granite? I thought concrete, something like a WW2 pillbox ... I wish the traffic would stop short of the oncoming 6 tonne tractor, or at least stop when they have flipped that tractor over the hedge.
this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20 am (snip)
The dog, in my opinion, was a complete waste of time. It was so halfhearted they might as well have not bothered.
Yes, total waste of time and effort. I hope GIANTS learn. The birds, on the other hand, although not accurate, I do like. :biggrin2:
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:50 am (snip)
Sometimes I really miss being able to block the roads and lift the cars with a wheel loader and dump them over the bridges!!! :lol: :coolnew:
That was really a thing? I do wish we had that now, and in FS17 where I ended up pushing my own combine off the road with my front-loader tractor to clear the jam!

And the sleeping is wrong, just plain wrong:
In a game like this the purpose of sleep is to skip over the night (which I think is why it was called "skip night" in Seasons17 :biggrin2: ) so rather than choosing how many hours to sleep, the option should be to choose when to wake up.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Oh, yes my friend... it was a thing! Don't remember if it could be done in FS15. But, I had a nasty little habit of tossing AI Traffic over the bridge in FS13 while awaiting my fields to grow! :lol:

Guil

Post by Guil »

Haha that's brilliant, definitely wasn't in FS15 on PS4.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yeah, at the time... I thought so too! Never dreamed that would come back around and bite me in the rear end. Those AI cars are untouchable now, even barreling down the road pulling 70k+ liters of grain in a Semi Truck. Thinking back, If I'd of known what the future was going to bring. I would of sent a few more cars over the bridge than what I did. Though, it really did make for a great time killer while awaiting the fields to grow. :lol:

EDIT: You know, I think you're right Guil. Even on PC within FS15 you couldn't lift the traffic anymore. If memory serves me correctly. The very 1st time I ever loaded up FS15. I got my field(s) planted (sorry, can't remember how many you started with on... erm... nvm :blushnew:) but, anyway. Soon as I got my fields planted, I grabbed a Front Loader and found the nearest car and ended up flipping myself. :lol:
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

And this is my list:
-possibility to buy a rented machine (add options in the workshop)
-seat setting option
-repair without painting (separately)
-simplified RPG game mechanics (tiredness, need to sleep, you can not do missions for 24/7)
-completing the mission requires returning the borrowed machines
-after buying the machine, the "shop" needs time to deliver it, adding categories in the shop with machines available on site
-no more free train, if you need it you pay for one hour of rental, during this hour the train does not run alone on the map
-bales can be bought by choosing their amount, and fertilizer pallets need to buy one by one?
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

One or two questions for giants.

Why you didnt get in contact with modders and made the mods like seasons, more realistic mods(dural) built in the game? Or even better why you didnt keep the game engine like it was last year. All mods would work just fine. What is the point of keep going back to zero every 2 years? You know that the game itself is unplayable without essential mods right? You need to start working with mods and people that actually play the game.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Yes I want to purchase the equipment I lease. I Have tractors with many hours on them and would love to buy them, I view the hours as a trophy. Love having high hour machines.