Animals and AI traffic

richyrich

Animals and AI traffic

Post by richyrich »

I have a few issues with the AI traffic and the animals. Firstly I work on a farm in real life, and I guarantee if I was to hit a car, my tractor would not stop dead and then possibly get turned over onto it's roof, this is so far from reality I half expect giants to update pigs so they have wings lol, also the AI traffic is way too slow they need speeding up. Next the animals. Where do I start, pointless is one word I would use to explain the set up of the animals, as I stated before, I work on a farm and chickens need water to live, just like any other land animal does, but in giants world they only need wheat or barley which is also far from correct. They actually feed on a mixture of different ingredients that are mixed together to form a high protein high energy feed which in turn allows them to produce better quality eggs, also all animals on this planet need a male in order to breed, we have a rooster for chickens, but nothing for pigs, sheep, horses or cows. I Understand giants needing to do updates for performance issues and to get rid of bugs, but please when you develop a game, get the basics right before you release it.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Tomazius96

Re: Animals and AI traffic

Post by Tomazius96 »

Must agree with you. More "IN DEPTH" approach with animals would be much appreciated by players. At this point its more or like arcade gameplay.
For example I dont know why we have cows only for milk. There should be bulls, heifers, and soo on. Not just put a cow in a barn, feed it and boom you have milk and 2 cows more.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Get used to the fact that they half implement a feature, then move on to the next.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

First off, welcome to the forums! I agree with all of your post but still, it's a video game. Really, Farm Equipment Simulator is a better description of what it actually is. It has to remain playable for anyone from 5 years old to 50+.

It's not perfect, never has been. Traffic, animals, and driving physics could all use a MAJOR overhaul, but it is what it is.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Tractors do flip over quite a lot, notnsure how but its ot uncommon

Also it depends on the farmer of what mixtures are used not all farms are the same
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I agree with everyone on this, but I don't agree with the whole notion that the game has to cater for 5 year olds upwards. My point is simply "rocket league". My nephew is 6 and he plays rocket league like a boss, and he even said fs19 was a step backwards from 17. Time to take notice I think, hey giants
Guil

Post by Guil »

Age ratings.
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

To add to this discussion, the pens are, for the most part, far too small to hold the maximum amount of animals. Can you imagine what it would really look like if your large cow pasture really had 200 cows in it? They wouldn't be able to move in that tiny area. Realistically, the size of the pens should reflect the size of the herds, which would lead to more available sizes of pens. For example, a large cow pen should really only be able to hold 5-8 cows, based on its in-game size. I understand why Giants does what they do though, at least with cows. A pasture big enough to hold 200 cows would be enormous, so it has to be scaled down visually or we'd end up with pastures the size of field 13 on Ravenport.

Should Giants also re-examine the production rate of animals? The modern dairy cow can produce 35-50 liters of milk per day. 200 cows should then produce 7000-10000 liters of milk per day. I don't have 200 cows, so I have no idea if 200 cows actually produces this much milk in game or not. What about chickens? According to everything I read online one chicken lays a egg every other day or so, or about 5 per week. 200 chickens would then produce about 1000 eggs per week or 143 per day. Does this match game mechanics? I don't know. How many eggs are in a box? How many boxes get produced daily?

I suppose in the grand scheme of things reality can only go so far in a video game.
"Time's fun when you're having flies."

-Kermit the Frog
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^^I agree about the pastures. Seems strange that they suddenly stop breeding when the max is reached.
IMO A better approach would have been to have the large cow pen come with 200 cows, and let them breed unlimited. Smaller pens come with fewer animals, and breed unlimited.