2wd tractor mods

Deadeye

Re: 2wd tractor mods

Post by Deadeye »

The issue I see with this is that a lot of the older 2WD tractors might run into licensing issues. I mean, sure, a John Deere 4640 would be great, but how does one buy the rights to use or represent something that isn't being produced anymore? It might not be such a grey area with John Deere, as they're one of the only manufacturers who have never changed hands or merged. What about the older New Hollands/Fords? Or the Case Internationals? AGCO Whites? Allis Chalmers? Licensing for them might not be so easy. Another issue I see is functionality. Without realistic mud/terrain mechanics, what real use is there for a 2WD tractor in game? It would look cool. That is it. It would be really cool to see some older iron. I have been trying to find some good 2WD Deere mods for my next American map. I'm just not certain that it'd be all what it's cracked out to be. Nor as easy as one might think.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

Deadeye wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 pm The issue I see with this is that a lot of the older 2WD tractors might run into licensing issues. I mean, sure, a John Deere 4640 would be great, but how does one buy the rights to use or represent something that isn't being produced anymore? It might not be such a grey area with John Deere, as they're one of the only manufacturers who have never changed hands or merged. What about the older New Hollands/Fords? Or the Case Internationals? AGCO Whites? Allis Chalmers? Licensing for them might not be so easy. Another issue I see is functionality. Without realistic mud/terrain mechanics, what real use is there for a 2WD tractor in game? It would look cool. That is it. It would be really cool to see some older iron. I have been trying to find some good 2WD Deere mods for my next American map. I'm just not certain that it'd be all what it's cracked out to be. Nor as easy as one might think.
Speaking for myself the 2wd MF from FS17 wouldn’t pull anywhere near as good as the 4wd even at the same HP rates, They would spin quite a lot, especially on hills.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Just started a save on Lipinki and it would have been so nice to have more small and vintage tractors, yes with 2wd. Some maps are litterally made for those.
Im betting alot of players grew up with them as well and would like that nostalgic feeling
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

@Fenix, that 4455 is a sweet looking ride. Always has and always will be. Spent many hours in one that looked identical to that one you have pictured. Mainly planted with it and a 12 row Kinze, but it would also see time in front of a disc, and I spent many more hours in it during harvest season. I chased a combine with the 4455 and Kinze auger wagon then. Nice pic.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
silveradoman298

Post by silveradoman298 »

2wd tractors would be nice to have in game. It would definitely round out what is available in game and on the modhub. I'm going to stay optimistic that after giants releases any DLCs that might be in the works, they will give us some classics and late model tractors Including 2wd that they have licenses for. Give me a tractor on console that rolls some coal though. Please:)
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

Still a fair amount of 2wds being used throughout Iowa. I've whether is haying, planting, or feeding cattle. There's quit a few being used. Mostly older, but I have seen a few newer JD. Wasn't close enough to seen what size they were. They looked like the 6 series. They looked a bit ugly as 2wd as all the newer tractors for quite some time have been designed better looking as a 4wd. I too have been hope for some older 2nd stuff to come up. But that's up to the modder.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

would be nice even on console we had some on 17 maybe one day.....
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

I'm surprised... Or maybe not that Giants/modder hasn't made a 2nd and cabless Fiat 1300 DT and the both were options.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

This modder has a few really nicely done jd 7000 7010 series. He also links an edit of them by another modder who did some nice edits of them.
https://m.facebook.com/RWMandP/

This modder does some nice older smaller styled equipment and also a 4440 2wd

https://m.facebook.com/Roostermods/

Lastly this website compiles more American style equipment and with some digging more 2 wheel drives can be found and they do more to credit the creator to respect the modder more than some of the big sites. What I like to do is use the credits to track down the modders Facebook page or website and then download directly from them. It’s more of a nice way to find less known modders.

https://www.fsmods.us/?m=1
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:35 pm +1 for some 2wd tractors and open station tractors. Also, why did they leave this one out? Not a 2wd, but I loved this little tractor.

I agree.that Massey is great to use and yes on old and small.I hope Peterj converts his small Massey`s from fs17 to fs19 use and Black sheep Modding as well oh and Dogfaces classic pack
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

I wish there was a list of tractors, implements, and other farm equipment that modders are allowed to make.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Deadeye wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 pm The issue I see with this is that a lot of the older 2WD tractors might run into licensing issues. I mean, sure, a John Deere 4640 would be great, but how does one buy the rights to use or represent something that isn't being produced anymore? It might not be such a grey area with John Deere, as they're one of the only manufacturers who have never changed hands or merged. What about the older New Hollands/Fords? Or the Case Internationals? AGCO Whites? Allis Chalmers? Licensing for them might not be so easy. Another issue I see is functionality. Without realistic mud/terrain mechanics, what real use is there for a 2WD tractor in game? It would look cool. That is it. It would be really cool to see some older iron. I have been trying to find some good 2WD Deere mods for my next American map. I'm just not certain that it'd be all what it's cracked out to be. Nor as easy as one might think.
I remember when it was Ford/New Holland those were the days... Anyways, id think they would have to ask Ford as well, because they were a thing.
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

LS09God wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:14 pm I would like to see the classic farmer pack remade for FS19. The existing models en xml files would need a rigorous overhaul, but I'd like to think it's worth it.
Me too.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Not all my tractors are used for fieldwork so having more 2wdsisnt an issue for me would like to see a couple of modders treat the FENDT 509/510 & maybe the new Holland 40 series on offer for some 2wd treatment , would look great as yard tractors on diet feeders & bale shredders etc
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

redglasses wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 pm Tbh it doesn’t matter what they make now, 2wd will always be a part of farming history and that is why I think they should be in the game.
Ditto, 'nuff said.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.