AI Vehicle Extention v2 FS19

Dagrump

AI Vehicle Extention v2 FS19

Post by Dagrump »

I had used the FS17 version extensively while playing in FS17 and was happy to find a version for FS19. But I cannot get it to work. As a matter of fact I cannot even get the set-up menu with the "Left Shift + H" command. All that command does is hire a worker same as using the "H" key.

Has anyone else tried this mod and been able to make it work?

I really like it when harvesting as it seems more realistic cutting around the field as opposed to the standard AI of back and forth.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
nkstyle

Re: AI Vehicle Extention v2 FS19

Post by nkstyle »

You need to check on mogli12 github for updates and problems.
https://github.com/Mogli12/AIVehicleExtension
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thank you for the information nkstyle. I downloaded the github AI vehicle extension of which they warned was still in beta and there may be problems - they were right. So I will just have to be patient and wait for it to show up on modhub.

Thanks again.
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

What does the AI Vehicle Extension do? I've never seen that mod, sounds interesting.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

GothicKing13 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:46 am What does the AI Vehicle Extension do? I've never seen that mod, sounds interesting.
I used this add-on extensively in FS17 for harvesting, seeding and sometimes doing liquid fertilizing operations. Basically it allows you to set up an AI that guides the vehicle around the field. When it comes to the end of the field it will do a 90 degree turn and go down the next side. If you set it up to guide on the left edge of the header bar your harvester will make a complete circle around the field and your pipe will always be over harvested ground so you are not running over crop with your chaser. Your harvester starting at the outer edge keeps circling till the field is done. Really great mod on FS17. On a square field you just sit back and watch the AI guy or gal do all the work. :biggrin2: There are a number of options so you can do quite a bit.

It is able to follow some curved edges of irregular shaped fields unless they get complicated and operator intervention will be needed. I am on Lone Oak Farm and Tazewell County that both have a lot of non-square fields and it handles maybe 75% of the fields. It is a real help if you want to be the manager and not the driver - got enough miles under my belt as it is.

I am not sure I understand the modding community as the item I questioned about and what nkstyle directed me to look to be the same thing but are at different levels of working as of now. I am going to wait until this mod is on Giants modhub.

If you still have FS17, download it from Giants modhub and try it. The FS19 version is not quite ready yet.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Hmm, that does sound a bit interesting indeed. Thank you for the reply my friend. Aye, indeed I do still have 17 installed. I load it up still quite a bit when I want to play a bit with seasons. Or, if I am playing with my fiancee. Her computer is fairly old and slow. It won't run FS19, so play FS17 with her when she wants to play. I've got the parts to build her up a new computer, some of the same components my own pc has in it. But, alas... arthritis in me hand. It's been raining for 2 months straight where I live. I swear, I'm fixing to build me an ark! :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

The latest beta version seems to have a slight issue with a combine. When it is doing spiral courses, the combine tends to steer left or right depending on your rotating. The longer your field is, the more he/she veers off. Which results in stopping of the combine. I don't know if this is a cause brought forth by the latest Giants update or within the mod itself.
ValtraDrum

Post by ValtraDrum »

I use right ctrl and H
Moltofill

Post by Moltofill »

Denhalen wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:03 pm The latest beta version seems to have a slight issue with a combine. When it is doing spiral courses, the combine tends to steer left or right depending on your rotating. The longer your field is, the more he/she veers off. Which results in stopping of the combine. I don't know if this is a cause brought forth by the latest Giants update or within the mod itself.

its a patch 1.4 issue.
The modder cannot fix the problem without Giants help!
Lets hope, that Giants support him, or this awesome mod will be history!
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Talking of history, the AI Vehicle Extention mod, was called Auto Tractor and Auto Combine in FS13 and FS15 they were really good mods to have, they worked better than Courseplay on the field as they did not leave big gaps in the corner of the field like Courseplay does, It was far superior to Courseplay or the vanilla AI.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I have the latest update on GitHub working he as modified an earlier version that has the older hud with it will show up in your mod folder as V 0.0.5.8
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

I remember AutoTractor and AutoCombine! Those were the shiznets of mods for FS17.

I think of them as being 'CoursePlay Lite'.
Flat Stanley
Guil

Post by Guil »

They were not in FS17
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thanks Mayberry for the heads up on a new version of the AI Extended mod. I downloaded it and tried it on two rectangular fields with some success but it still is not completely stable. The first small field I tried it handled the first 3 sides perfectly but on the fourth side it kept veering towards the guided edge. Eventually it just completely lost its bearings and could not finish the job.

Were you able to get better results?

Below is a screenshot of it veering off.

The settings:

I know the modders are working hard on the mod and I am sure they will figure it all out.
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

Guil wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 pm They were not in FS17
15.....17........Augh!!!! Too many fields have been plowed since then. :smileynew:
Flat Stanley