Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Walrusman02

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date) features in first post

Post by Walrusman02 »

ouch, all the effort put into a 77 page thread....
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Realismus please hurry with seasons before war is declared, moldbourgh plows vs. the center points, place your bets ladies and gentleman
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Awe, just like that? Not our favorite pick on Guil thread :lol:. Erm, I mean... Seasons info thread :biggrin2:. Now, all jokes aside. I can't wait for seasons to finally come. Some of those features look amazing. Love the new "hay" features of actually having to wait for the grass to dry. Though, I think my top favorite I mentioned awhile back ago when I believe Rahkiin was in the forums talking about Seasons. I said something like "How it would be nice to be able to fix the vehicles without having to give them a new coat of paint as well". Wanted to keep the scratched to make the tractor look like it's been used. That feature alone, has me ultra ecstatic to play with the Seasons Mod.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

jah6575 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 am lack of seasons in 19 has made me lose interest in my various saves rather quickly.
Agreed, FS 19 is very nice, but without seasons the game gets very stale..very quick

Once seasons drops, i will drop my race sims and invest all my game time to FS19. Seasons on Marwell is going to be great.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I had roughly 200 to 500 hours in FS17 prior to Seasons. I now have 2,306. I've got 140 thus far in 19. Been playing it a lot more after the 1.4 patch dropped. It seems to of fixed the bugs I had and the new sounds with the tractors are nice. My speakers actually have a nice little rumble behind them now. So, I can see it climbing up fairly quick now. Kind of afraid to see the hours this time next year, after awhile of having Seasons.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:31 pm
:lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Werdy

Post by Werdy »

PassLee wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:05 am Can anyone recommend a good tutorial video for seasons? I am relatively new to the franchise so have never payed with seasons, I have been playing 19 since November and rather embarrassed to say that have clocked up 1968 hours already but still consider myself a rookie. So in preparation for the upcoming seasons release I would like to get an idea on the best practices for the mod.
Winter is coming, prepare yourself :gamer:
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Give seasons a go on fs17 it's free on xbox game pass if u have it they are doing a £1 first month of the new ultimate which is gold and game pass together as one subscription
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

PassLee wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:05 am Can anyone recommend a good tutorial video for seasons? I am relatively new to the franchise so have never payed with seasons, I have been playing 19 since November and rather embarrassed to say that have clocked up 1968 hours already but still consider myself a rookie. So in preparation for the upcoming seasons release I would like to get an idea on the best practices for the mod.
There's always something new to learn, no matter how many hours you have clocked!

My recommendation is to look at the documentation from FS17. It may not be exactly the same this time around but it will give you a solid idea on how you "play" each season.

Alternatively, if you have FS17, give yourself a comfortable amount of money on a save game (to avoid the worry of going bust) and play a few 'years'. I find the best way to learn it is to play it with the manual to hand - you pick it up pretty quickly.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

The measurement tool is back in Seasons 19. (It has been confirmed already)

The tool allows you to gather useful information to support your farming experience. With the tool you're able to measure your bales, trees, pallets and soils.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Wopster wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:11 pm The measurement tool is back in Seasons 19. (It has been confirmed already)

The tool allows you to gather useful information to support your farming experience. With the tool you're able to measure your bales, trees, pallets and soils.

Is there going to be a Wopster brand then? :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Haha, no we dumped the Wopstr brand because that resulted in me getting confused with a virtual tool. :P
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Unfortunately there seems to be no good tutorial videos about seasons that I am aware of. However, as others have stated, read through the entire manual for FS 17 Seasons. It can be tough to wrap your head around the mod with only one read through so I recommend reading through it a few times to get a good basis for the mod. If you have FS 17 I highly recommend you use a practice save with Seasons mod to get a grasp for the basics. If you don't have FS 17 then just read through the manual and wait for FS 19 Seasons. It will come with an updated manual and you should run a practice save for a few seasons to get the basics down then start your proper let's play with Seasons.

The important things you should know is that you can only plant and harvest crops at certain times in the year (there is a calendar in game that you can use for your planning). Most crops will die when winter comes. Livestock need more water during the summer and more straw bedding during the winter. Livestock also only reproduce and give you their milk or wool during certain times of the year. If your animals don't have water they will die on medium and hard difficulties. Bales left out in the open and swaths left in the field can rot. You will need to maintain your vehicles every 30 working hours or twice every year, whichever comes first (this has been kind of worked into the base game with FS 19 but Seasons 19 is supposed to overhaul this as well). If not your vehicle may not start and will not have as much power when pulling an implement.

Those are what I think are the most important off the top of my head. Some of these may differ with Seasons 19 as they have done quite a lot of changes to the mod with this new iteration. If you have any more questions about how Seasons works feel free to shoot me a private message, I'm more than happy to help out where I can.
Last edited by TheCanadianJD on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farmer1602

Post by Farmer1602 »

Hey Wopster,

The look of this measuring tool is pretty cool. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Thanks for that. :mrgreen:
Farmer1602 joueur sur PC
"Ce n'est pas parce qu'on vieillit qu'on arrête de jouer, mais c'est parce qu'on arrête de jouer qu'on vieillit."
Site Officiel
Consignes Pour publier son fichier LOG
Consignes Pour publier vos images sur le forum, lien du serveur gratuit de GIANTS
Guide pratique du Bugtracker Giants pour vos les Feedback.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Ok that's awesome Wopster.