Pacific northwest

Aholz89

Re: Pacific northwest

Post by Aholz89 »

Hey there fellow farmers. Just wondering if somebody else has experienced this odd thing happening while harvesting.

Before I start I must say that I do not know if this is something unique to this map, mod related or 1.4 patch related, but here goes.

Harvesting Contract on field 35.
First trailer load with corn - 60 000liters out the contract status at 26% completed, second one around 44%, but then It started slowly rising towards 48% while I collected from the harvester. Third load 68% and again slowly rising towards 70% while I brought my fourth load leaving it at 88% completed.

I started paying attention towards completing the contract and it rose to 98% while I almost filled the trailer and I got the message that contract had reached 100% completion. So I got paid for a full contract, and did not deliver the last load worth just under 80 000 dollars.

So total payment were around 110-120 000 dollars. I am not complaining, but just found it a bit odd and yeah, dont know if this was a one off incident or someone else have had this happen?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

This happens on a few maps. Usually it’s maybe the last half of the trailer you receive payments for as you are dropping your last load. I did notice on this map that there seems more left over than other maps but then the fields are bigger too.

If I can I try to make sure the harvester has finished before I take the last load or two to drop off as it takes the harvester progress and the amount of goods into account.

My last field I did there was 33. I got just over 120k of sugar beet left over at the end 👍🏻
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

Haven't used enough maps to see exactly how this works, but from what I can tell the mission system only requires you to deliver about 95% of the total potential goods once all the field is harvested. Since there is also certain portion of the contract that is fulfilled by the actual process of harvesting, it is possible on large fields to complete the mission contract while still harvesting the crop. If you then deliver the crops to the mission destination you receive all the money as a cash bonus! This has been true for me at least on large fields in Ravenport and PNW.

Edit: Obviously it is also possible to complete the contract partway through the delivery of the mission goods after completing the harvest. During unloading (overloading???) If the mission reaches 100% the remainder of unloaded goods are credited as a bonus to your mission payment. Prosit!
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

it comes down to the size of the field, the larger the field the larger the "extra" is therefore allowing a much bigger payout. On Dahl Ranch I did a cotton harvest and ended up with 6-7 extra cotton bales with the job 100%. The extra $259K was a very nice bonus.
nerkags

Post by nerkags »

Hi guys, im on ps4 and have a 74h on this map and newer saw any rain, someone can tell me why is like that as i think is not very normal.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I have 161 hours in FS19 and have seen it rain once on Ravensport. After the first patch, I've never seen it again.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

I noticed a lot of what looked like oil puddles. It turned me off on it.
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

The "oil" puddles are actually mud puddles - fairly realistic ones based on ones I find in this area (water is always a tough texture to get right!) from the rain in the Pacific Northwest. Although realistically there is only about an inch of rain per month in July, unlike Western Washington where we have mud puddles that seem to never dry out September through June! Have 70 hrs on PNW and saw rain and fog so far. Not looking forward to hail :/
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

I got rain on first night, rain 8 times on felsbhrun, 3 on marwell, 2 on ravenport, once so far on petervill. It's there but if you save and quit it would reset the weather, I left it as last played on Xbox so when I opened it back up next day it would just continue on
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

The weather has been fixed in the last patch. It now save's where you left off and not resetting any more.
PS4
PS5
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

nerkags wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 pm Hi guys, im on ps4 and have a 74h on this map and newer saw any rain, someone can tell me why is like that as i think is not very normal.
I played for about 50 hours before I saw rain. Since then it's rained about four times! I saw there was an update to the map to correct rain frequency but I've not installed it as I'm worried it might reset all my landscaping and tree/fence felling.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I leave the game running only paused unless I need to go to the modhub. It's never even gotten cloudy. I have about 40 hours on the map so far. I haven't downloaded the update as I would like to see it rain at least once.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Love this map. I built my farm from scratch closer to the shop, just down the road from the biogas plant. Had to cut down some trees, which was a lot of work, but it was fun.

Very nice piece of land with a big starting field. Plenty of room for expansion as well. This is my favorite map so far.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Riven326 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:42 pm
Love this map. I built my farm from scratch closer to the shop, just down the road from the biogas plant. Had to cut down some trees, which was a lot of work, but it was fun.

Very nice piece of land with a big starting field. Plenty of room for expansion as well. This is my favorite map so far.

Very, VERY nice! That's where I'm planning on moving once I buy some land down south. That's exactly where I planned for my yard to be. *thumbsup*
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Riven326 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:42 pm Love this map. I built my farm from scratch closer to the shop, just down the road from the biogas plant. Had to cut down some trees, which was a lot of work, but it was fun.

NICE FARM *thumbsup*
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi: