Giants: Please add place anywhere

asyvan

Re: Giants: Please add place anywhere

Post by asyvan »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 pm If I use the place anywhere mod to get my buildings on the edge of a cliff. Do I need it after finished landscaping/placing mods?
No. You can remove it or deactivate it if you want to.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Guil wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:55 am It's not as simple as fix it, like many other things, it will most likely break a bigger gameplay aspect of the game.
Add it, let it break the game, and then people will see its not this “fix all” solution and will start to beg to remove it
(dont actually do this)
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Add it as an option, people complain tell them to turn it off. Actually do this
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Guil, my friend. You seem to be traveling through dangerous waters on this thread. I'd watch out for any pitchforks heading your way while you're visiting. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

If there have been issues with this mod breaking the game on pc I doubt very much if they will add it. The reason behind the stricter rules for consoles, no external scripts, memory management etc is because Sony & Microsoft want games on their systems to work.

I can imagine how it would go if it came to light that giants released something they knew had the potential to cause issues.

It’s all well and good saying players can take responsibility for using it but I think it’s a case of their platforms, their rules.

And this is coming from a console player who would like the freedom to ‘place anywhere’
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I don’t want the actual mod to be put on consoles I want giants to implement it into the game. If not then at least relax the placing boundaries so we can actually build a damn yard.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

After just building a farm on the new map with the name I can’t spell (prz something) I wonder sometimes if it’s the mods or the game.

My reasoning is, I placed 2 of alienjims sheds next to each other but had to leave a gap big enough for a tractor between them.

I also placed an ingame bunker silo, at the side of it I placed 2 of alienjims seed / fert stores, these were so close they were almost touching each other and backed right up to the wall of the bunker silo. Plus one of the fuel station mods just as close to the silo itself.

Last edited by Rasping rabbit on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:48 am If there have been issues with this mod breaking the game on pc I doubt very much if they will add it. The reason behind the stricter rules for consoles, no external scripts, memory management etc is because Sony & Microsoft want games on their systems to work.

I can imagine how it would go if it came to light that giants released something they knew had the potential to cause issues.

It’s all well and good saying players can take responsibility for using it but I think it’s a case of their platforms, their rules.

And this is coming from a console player who would like the freedom to ‘place anywhere’
No. This is entirely on Giants. Any update to a game mechanic can cause issues elsewhere. They should absolutely try to make the system less aggressive at the very least.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:57 am Image
Those items are aligned so well with each other, it has the OCD in me smiling. *thumbsup*
Well placed, looks neatly done. Also, within your 2nd pic. Nice looking farm, my friend! :coolnew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:09 am Those items are aligned so well with each other, it has the OCD in me smiling. *thumbsup*
Well placed, looks neatly done. Also, within your 2nd pic. Nice looking farm, my friend! :coolnew:
Thanks 😊
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I noticed the inconsistency with different buildings, too. I was able to get Dorset's curved steel shed into an area but not a physically smaller chicken coop. The coop clearly had a larger footprint.
I've since decided not to bother with placeables so much and am sticking with mod maps that have prebuilt yards.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

I had high hopes for 19’s placeables and terraforming, but after fooling around with it, and new maps appearing with animal areas and buildings already placed as an option, the writing was on the wall for the future of those two features. Placeables on 19 took a big step backward from 17.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

How is see Giants meeting at the moment :lol:
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Yeah I've given up hope for a solution for this placeables system. Especially after it has been deemed "not fixable"

It was a highlighted feature for 19 but was a significant failure from the beginning. As a result map makers are continuing to create "fully furnished" maps making the placeable feature almost useless.

Given that the placeable system was supposed to be something new and better I would have expected to see an increased number of placeable structures being created. Unfortunately this is not the case due to such obnoxious constraints to place something exactly where you want to place it. Yes there are a good number of user created placeables thus far but not many actually from Giants other than the vanilla structures and actually having the ability to place any of them without seeing a warning saying it can't be placed here.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Brogo83

Post by Brogo83 »

I totally agree.
Building your own farm is a frustrating experience on consoles. Some of the placeables have a large footprint, some don't. And sometimes you can detect a "wormhole" where you can actually place things totally colliding with each other if you fiddle around long enough. I managed to place the standard ingame silo extension intersecting with the fence of my standard ingame sheep pasture...
What are the rules?
Doesn't make sense for me.