Editing an autoloading bale mod to reduce number of bales

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Eljaffacakeo

Editing an autoloading bale mod to reduce number of bales

Post by Eljaffacakeo »

Hello,

In my current savegame I am using round bales, mostly because switching to square is expensive and round bales are more realistic in Scotland. Ultimately the handling of round bales in the game is absolutely terrible and just collecting a bale from one end of a field and moving it to another is a massive effort in itself. In order to make life a bit easier (and not have to spend literal real hours moving a few bales from paddock to shed) I downloaded an auto-loading bale fork. Its good but it collect 12 bales which is a bit ridiculous, it would never carry 12. So I'd like to reduce the number it can collect to 4 to keep is as realistic as possible (as realistic as autoloading can be). Would it be as simple as looking for a command line in the XML and switching it from 12 to 4 or would it require something that I wouldnt be capable of (editing simple xml lines is fine, anything else nope)??

Cheers.
Way2drunk2walk

Re: Editing an autoloading bale mod to reduce number of bales

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

If you could share the link to that mod it would be easier to help you out. There is more than one way the autoloading could be set up.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

open the baleFork_rund.xml and find the following lines

Code: Select all

<fillUnit>
         <fillUnitConfigurations>
            <fillUnitConfiguration name="$l10n_configuration_valueDefault" price="0" >
                <fillUnits>
					<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_bale" fillTypes="roundBale" capacity="12"/>
                </fillUnits>
            </fillUnitConfiguration>
        </fillUnitConfigurations>              
    </fillUnit>
Change the capacity to what you would like and that should get it where you want it. If not you will have to delete a few of the "bale1Transform" in the I3D file using Giants Editor.

Hope this helps.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Eljaffacakeo

Post by Eljaffacakeo »

Way2drunk2walk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 pm open the baleFork_rund.xml and find the following lines

Code: Select all

<fillUnit>
         <fillUnitConfigurations>
            <fillUnitConfiguration name="$l10n_configuration_valueDefault" price="0" >
                <fillUnits>
					<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_bale" fillTypes="roundBale" capacity="12"/>
                </fillUnits>
            </fillUnitConfiguration>
        </fillUnitConfigurations>              
    </fillUnit>
Change the capacity to what you would like and that should get it where you want it. If not you will have to delete a few of the "bale1Transform" in the I3D file using Giants Editor.

Hope this helps.
That's brilliant thanks for that!
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Glad I could help.
Farming on PC