[LOW PRIORITY] Harvesting Bug

Reports listed in this forum have almost no game impact and therefore, are not a priority for us at this point.
sootysax

[LOW PRIORITY] Harvesting Bug

Post by sootysax »

If you miss any of the crop from a previous harvest on the corners of the field for instance, and then you plant a new crop, when the harvester comes into contact with the old crop, it will stop harvesting the new crop type, even though the header is down and threshing.. If you are using a helper, he will continue through the whole field, and the whole field will still be unharvested after the header touches a bit of the old crop.

This will only happen if the crop uses the same header as you are using (wheat & canola for instance). If the old crop is corn, it will not stop the header from harvesting.

If you stop the worker or courseplay worker and stop and restart the harvester, it will resume harvesting the crop.

Obviously you should not miss any crop, either while harvesting, or while cultivating or seeding the next field... but it happens.. and the resulting bug is unrealistic.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Harvesting Bug

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

Can you confirm this is happening with no other script mods in there and basegame on patch 1.4? I don't think we have a error-free way of having detect such things currently.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
this_is_gav

Re: [MORE INFO] Harvesting Bug

Post by this_is_gav »

I can confirm this one (starting with 1.4). I had a field of wheat but the hired helper had run from another field and planted a strip of soybeans, which I obviously missed some when trying to rectify their mistake.

When I came to harvest the wheat the harvester would immediately stop taking in the wheat in the areas which also contained a tiny strip of soybeans. If I tried to get the hired helper to harvest the wheat it would just finish the job (not even turn around).

Prior to 1.4 (and in previous games) the harvester would just continue to harvest the wheat and ignore the soybeans.

I've just tried it on a savegame backup without any mods (except Marwell Manor, the map on which I experienced this) and it's the same. Hired helper just stops, and if I player tries to continue harvesting it stops taking in the wheat.

Screenshot hopefully showing what I mean (this combine is on, and you can see it stops harvesting where the strip of soybeans start): https://ibb.co/XCMmnhS
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [MORE INFO] Harvesting Bug

Post by x Lethian x »

I see, well we are keeping our eye on it and will think about how we can improve this behaviour in the future but for FS19 anymore most likely.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images