[SOLVED] Map Screen (see pictures)

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
RODHA

[SOLVED] Map Screen (see pictures)

Post by RODHA »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4.
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Game menu, map screen.
- Issue: Fruit types, growth and soil compositions lists mismatch.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single.
- Steps to reproduce: Felsbrunn map. Game menu, map screen. Please see the below pictures.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes.
- Which vehicles & machines are involved: Game menu.

Last edited by RODHA on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Re: Map Screen (see pictures)

Post by Guil »

Have you tried restarting the game? It looks like there is more missing from the growth screen.
Guil

Post by Guil »

What game mode did you choose at the start?

I just started a new game on felsbrunn and it definitely doesn't look like that, I'm on pc though so was trying to establish if it was only affecting one platform etc.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Felsbrunn. A completely new game. New farmer. Didn’t do anything. That was literally the start of the game. I just went to the menu and took the pictures. Fruit types are ok actually. Growth list has switched to soil composition and soil composition list is completely gone. Map is ok though. It shows all of the color legends.

I noticed this on oakfield and thought may be it is a mod map issue. Then started a new felsbrunn save and that is what I got.

I remember someone mentioning this on the “new update” thread but I couldn’t find the post.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have you tried closing the game and starting it again?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yeah I did try to restart it. Actually I have played in 3 different maps since the release of patch 1.4. Which means I have quit and restarted the game and all those maps dozens of times and never noticed that before.
And that makes sense now as it happens to be a random bug because it fixed itself this morning.
Last night, it did the same thing on both oakfield and felsbrunn then this morning it didn't do it on either of the maps. The list was just perfect.
So, I don't know if it is gonna do it again or not in the future.

You know I have been playing this game since November 2016 and it has been over 3000 hrs so far and those weird bugs of this game still surprise me.

So, I don't know if this topic needs a lock or not. May be Giants can find the cause but may be it is one of those hard/impossible bugs to reproduce.

It is your call Guil. Both ways work for me.

And thanks a lot for the help mate :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Do you have RBC-Map installed? on that map, there are too much fruit-types for one page and it opens a 2nd page for lucerne-fruit-type. Could that be a reason?
PS4 und PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

That could be a possibility and as you say Rodha, I think this will be hard to replicate but who knows. I won't lock it unless you ask for it to be locked. Can you confirm if you have RDC installed?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yeah, I have RDC installed and till this morning I even had a save game on it.
But as there are a lot of issues in that map I just deleted my save game but didn't uninstall the mod itself.
I think that might be the reason to why the issue fixed itself this morning. Because I deleted my RDC save game.
It is still too weird though. I mean how can a different save game affect another one like that?
But it can't just be a coincidence I guess.
Thanks for the heads up Phigo :hi:

May be Giants would say something about it Guil or may be this thread might just help them to determine other issues with the RDC map. So, if thats ok with you I would like the thread to stay open. Thanks mate :hi:
PS5 / FS22
iB055

Post by iB055 »

The only times I've seen the growth screen do that is when RDC map was installed. After deletion of RDC it all works as it should.

Not saying for sure its caused by the RDC map but this was also reported before update 1.4.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I still have the RDC installed but I don't have a save game on it. So, may be it is just having a save game on the list that triggers the bug. But if it happens again then I will also be deleting the map completely. I hope that map gets serious updates to make everything work on it. It is quite an amazing change to what we had so far but it has a lot of issues at the moment.
PS5 / FS22
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I had the same on Xbox One and in the German Forum* a PS4 Player. The solution is easy: You have to new start the console!

* viewtopic.php?f=1003&t=148066&p=1150472#p1150335
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks for the tip Itl :hi:
In this 2 days period I did restart my PS4 a couple of times but I'm not sure if thats what solved the problem or just deleting my save game on the RDC solved it.
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

So restarting the game/console/PC worked in your cases? ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RODHA

Re: [MORE INFO] Map Screen (see pictures)

Post by RODHA »

It is the RDC. Since it is gone I never had this issue.
PS5 / FS22