Vehicle/implement maintenance.

icoombs

Vehicle/implement maintenance.

Post by icoombs »

Hi all

I'm looking for a mod or a way to change the maintenance requirements within the game, as i feel the current rate of required service is way to much. As this is supposed to be a simulation i would expect the vehicles and equipment to last a bit longer well actually a lot longer then they do. the other day i purchased a potato harvester and harvested 1 field and it was knackered with nothing left on the service meter, I can't remember how many hours it was but not what i would call a lot for an expensive piece of equipment.

From research i have done, i would expect some daily maintenance like checking and topping up oil, grease nipples and fuel but major service should be in the hundreds of hours not just a days work. I am currently running a Challenger MT845 and it has just 1.5 hours on it and the service meter is already down to 3 quarters so I'm estimating it will be completely dome with about 6 hours on the clock and cost in the thousands to repair.

So I'm looking for a way to slow down the repair requirements to a more reasonable level. I'm not looking for 500 hours but it would be good to not have to worry about maintenance for a few days especially with brand new equipment. so any ideas or suggestions on mods or what can be done to achieve this would be useful.

TIA
Ian
Tylercheesey1986

Re: Vehicle/implement maintenance.

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Go to game settings on the in game menu and find "Dirt" set it to slow for less regular maintenance. (The dirt setting is linked to implement/vehicle repair) can even switch to off if you hate repairs and dirt
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

You also made way more money on that field than you would've IRL so the maintenance balances out. I personally don't want to have to put 50-100 hours on a machine before I service it. I don't play a map much over 100 hours much less use a machine that long.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
icoombs

Post by icoombs »

It's not so much the money but having to stop a couple of times a day to do repairs, it makes you fell like you wasted 400,000 buying a new tractor. Also if i am doing a realistic farm that would put the vehicle out for a couple of days while it's being serviced.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

icoombs wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:22 pm It's not so much the money but having to stop a couple of times a day to do repairs, it makes you fell like you wasted 400,000 buying a new tractor. Also if i am doing a realistic farm that would put the vehicle out for a couple of days while it's being serviced.
"realistic" as in taking a few days to till the field, then a few days to plant the field, etc.. then waiting ~100 days before harvesting?

on fast growth a day is a year, so every hour in game is about 1/2 a month. the few extra minutes it takes stop and do repairs would be about the same as a day or two.
icoombs

Post by icoombs »

I only ever play on 1x and slow growth.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Seasons mod will alter the maintenance levels if I’m remembering correctly, so you could make use of that when it comes out.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

This feature is included in FS19_RealLifeNumbers. I'm considering copying the feature into a stand-alone mod. But it will have to wait until my summer break starts mid July.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Guil

Post by Guil »

I believe maintenance being tied to dirt was fixed in one of the first few patches of the game. Never tested it though.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Guil wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 pm I believe maintenance being tied to dirt was fixed in one of the first few patches of the game. Never tested it though.
I think it is still linked to dirt, you just can’t turn it off anymore. If you switch off dirt the maintenance goes to the lowest setting.