[FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC - NOW AVAILABLE

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

[FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC - NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Chaki »

Oh hey, what's this?

EDIT: Got the times when the DLC will be available. If your timezone isn't listed there, you can click the links and that'll take you to a page where you can add your own city (or a big city close to you) to check what the exact time will be for you.

Giants Website: 23rd July, 00:00 AM CEST // 22nd July, 11:00 PM BST // 22nd July, 5:00 PM CDT
Steam: 23rd July, 10:30 AM CEST // 09:30 AM BST // 03:30 AM CDT
Playstation 4 - Europe: 23rd July, 00:01 CEST // 22nd July, 11:01 PM BST // 22nd July, 5:01 PM CDT
Playstation 4 - Americas: 23rd July, 19:00 CEST // 10:00 AM PDT // 12:00 Noon CDT // 01:00 PM EDT // 02:00 PM ART/BRT
Xbox One: 23rd July, 00:01 CEST // 22nd July, 11:01 PM BST // 22nd July, 5:01 PM CDT
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Ritchie

Re: [FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC

Post by Ritchie »

Cool, I always thought the Cotton side of things needed fleshing out a bit. *thumbsup*
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

CD or only digital? And this will be part of Platinum dlc?
Last edited by matejcro on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Chris be like, lets drop some news here:

EDIT: thats also pretty cheap DLC, you get quite a lot for a 5 €. I wont be buying it since i am not into cotton, but I know some guys really wished for this and I am happy for them. :gamer:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is great. Really.
But I wonder if that is the only JD DLC for FS19?
PS5 / FS22
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm EDIT: thats also pretty cheap DLC, you get quite a lot for a 5 €. I wont be buying it since i am not into cotton, but I know some guys really wished for this and I am happy for them. :gamer:
And others will start growing cotton only because of it :lol:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Really? I did not believe my eyes when i saw that, lot of people asked for it and i said JD Cotton will never come.

Anyway! Not much more to say:
March: Anderson DLC
April: Horsch Add-on
May: Holmer DLC
June: FSL DLC
July: John Deere Cotton DLC
August: ?

Giants keeping up promises to release a dlc/add-on per month. Great work by Giants *thumbsup*
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm Chris be like, lets drop some news here:

EDIT: thats also pretty cheap DLC, you get quite a lot for a 5 €. I wont be buying it since i am not into cotton, but I know some guys really wished for this and I am happy for them. :gamer:
Oh damn, i tend to forget that this movie has such fantastic animation. :D
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

It`s funny to see that opinions are so much different. In the german forum until now nobody will buy this DLC as nobody ever planted or used cotton before.
seems that Giants done it only for the american people.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm It`s funny to see that opinions are so much different. In the german forum until now nobody will buy this DLC as nobody ever planted or used cotton before.
Yep this DLC is cleary aimed towards USA community. But that is nothing wrong with that. Next one will be probably more Europe orientated.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm It`s funny to see that opinions are so much different. In the german forum until now nobody will buy this DLC as nobody ever planted or used cotton before.
Giants Facebook is also full of German cotton haters, who will never buy this DLC, but who cares.
Now finally makes American people happy, who have asked this machine for ages.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I love it and definately going to buy it. Thanks giants! The only thing it is missing is a big stackfold John deere 3pt. Mounted planter so we can plant cotton the proper way. *thumbsup*
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I'm one of those not buying it, not because it's cotton or JD or american, but because it isn't gameplay enhancing.

I did cotton quiet a bit, well the ai did it, because of the low speed and no further interaction it becomes monotonous fast. The new one is basically a reskinned CIH with roundbales instead of the square ones (yes i know the models look a bit different). I linked a video about a JD cotton harvester pack in the german section which would have allowed more interaction and therefore more fun doing it, but Giants choose the simple way and with a smaler pack. The DLC would have been more appealing, if they included a few more pieces of JD equipment, a planter/drill or whatever you would call it, a new subsoiler between 140 and 400 HP, a tractor with rowcrop tire layout. JD has so much to offer and is wasted like this.
This is the reason I personally don't buy it (unless some modders make good use of it).
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Even in America it is only farmed in the Deep South states. This is a pretty big let down if it is only the Cotton Harvester and a few cotton implements.

A JD forage harvester or some implements would of sold much better, I guarantee it. They missed there mark on this one. I’m as big a JD fan as there is but I doubt I buy this one.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

Steps to harvesting cotton:

1: Lease cotton harvester
2: Harvest indicated field
3: Return cotton harvester
4: Never plant it ever again
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost