[FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC - NOW AVAILABLE

TobiHH

Re: [FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC

Post by TobiHH »

Sounds and get sold better than if they call it Lizard DLC...
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:01 am Y'all need to stop complaining about paying for dlc or season pass. If we want Giants to improve the game we should be happy to pay a little, $60 for access to all available and future dlcs is cheap in my opinion
$66 for just base game in Canada.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:45 am Cool and all - but JOHN DEERE DLC??? There are more Lizard products than JD, actually twice as many! And then there are 4 McCormack products.. How in the h... can they call it a John Deere DLC????
Because the most important thing in the DLC is John Deere Cotton harvester ? All the other lizard and maccormack tools are useless without John Deere. Its marketing strategy.
In the past forum was full of "we want JD cotton picker" topics, but now everybody complains. I dont get it. :confusednew: :confusednew:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 am In the past forum was full of "we want JD cotton picker" topics, but now everybody complains. I dont get it. :confusednew: :confusednew:
These people who wanted JD Cotton picker, like me, are very happy, now the others complain, who did not want it.
Actually most likely others are disappointed, that we only got ONE JD machinery, everybody were talking about John Deere Fleet expansion, what happens soon, i guess nobody did not expect we get only 1 piece of JD :lol:

But for others: do not worry, other JD machinery will follow, sooner or later.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

This is the problem with Seaosn Passes. You're gambling by not knowing what you're buying - if you would buy the DLCs individually then your gamble will have paid off.

There was no Season Pass for PCs, but even if there had been I wouldn't have bought it as I only bought the Kuhn DLC for FS17 and none of the other DLCs interested me (I also bought MattXJS's Modern Classics DLC, but that wouldn't have been covered by the Season Pass even if it had made its way to consoles).

There may be more value in the Season Pack for FS19 than in FS17 as I still expect FS2x to be a year later than normal, which may mean more DLCs (and probably two Platinum-style DLCs, one this year and one next).
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 am
JensChrDK wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:45 am Cool and all - but JOHN DEERE DLC??? There are more Lizard products than JD, actually twice as many! And then there are 4 McCormack products.. How in the h... can they call it a John Deere DLC????
Because the most important thing in the DLC is John Deere Cotton harvester ? All the other lizard and maccormack tools are useless without John Deere. Its marketing strategy.
In the past forum was full of "we want JD cotton picker" topics, but now everybody complains. I dont get it. :confusednew: :confusednew:
Its happened with previous dlc too, nobody wanted the IT Runner dlc yet, many people like it?. Its about like ordering food at restaurant, you order it, comes to your table and the last second you want to change something, peas for beans as an example
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Yall are lucky to have the season pass. We (pc) don't have it as an option... And seriously it will probably be at leat 16 more months before the next game, lots of time for more DLC to come out.

And Giants were busy fixing the game for the fisrt few months, and as of late busy with the (imo, stupid) FSL. We already know they will be announcing a platinum edition at the end of the month too (which by all rumors will add Claas to the game).

TLDR: more stuff is coming, cool yer jets...
PC gamer.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 am
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:01 am Y'all need to stop complaining about paying for dlc or season pass. If we want Giants to improve the game we should be happy to pay a little, $60 for access to all available and future dlcs is cheap in my opinion
You're right and wrong here...it's not complaining, it's explaining our frustration with what we the buyer has paid for. You are correct, I and most of us want giants to improve and yes I would pay for it! Not once did I say the cotton harvester wasn't needed or wanted. I said I think it's small for it to be a dlc that we paid for on the season pass. Look at passed dlcs that were season passes...this is kind of a let down and I'm stating why. My hopes they do better! But for a first time buyer of season pass, before the game, I can say I won't do that again
I wasn't having a go at you or anyone in particular, just trying to get back on topic.. Any new dlc is good dlc in my books
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
AntonUK

Post by AntonUK »

theMavric wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 pm Steps to harvesting cotton:

1: Lease cotton harvester
2: Harvest indicated field
3: Return cotton harvester
4: Never plant it ever again
hahahaha so true!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

theMavric wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 pm Steps to harvesting cotton:

1: Lease cotton harvester
2: Harvest indicated field
3: Return cotton harvester
4: Never plant it ever again
Haha, good one indeed. But why? Cotton seems one of the best/easy crops to do if you have large fields.

Poplar bales, oilseed radish and Sugarcane i did only once, never again. Potato and Sugarbeet not doing much.
Most my time goes to other crops, huge fields always gets some cotton, earns back these expensive harvesters fast.

I understand cotton is a bit boring to do, but actually good late game crop, if you have lot of other work to do same time, it
earns really well.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Here's the console slotcount for the DLC:
CP690 - 42 Slots
Cotton 3 Spear Frame - 2 Slots
Cotton Bale Rollers - 2 Slots
Cotton Wheelie Grab - 3 Slots
Cotton Tag Trailer - 8 Slots
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Beastbubba wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 am Yall are lucky to have the season pass. We (pc) don't have it as an option... And seriously it will probably be at leat 16 more months before the next game, lots of time for more DLC to come out.

And Giants were busy fixing the game for the fisrt few months, and as of late busy with the (imo, stupid) FSL. We already know they will be announcing a platinum edition at the end of the month too (which by all rumors will add Claas to the game).

Imagine ordering a burger and fries combo, and paying for it. Then they only give you the burger. Later on they offer you the fries, but it will cost extra.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 pm
Beastbubba wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 am Yall are lucky to have the season pass. We (pc) don't have it as an option... And seriously it will probably be at leat 16 more months before the next game, lots of time for more DLC to come out.

Imagine ordering a burger and fries combo, and paying for it. Then they only give you the burger. Later on they offer you the fries, but it will cost extra.
It's more like: "later you they offer another sidedish like fries or baked potatoe" vs. you get a whole menu with salad burger and a suprise icecream after the burger (which would be the season pass :hi: )
PS4 und PC
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Guess I’ll give cotton a try on my current Washoe Nevada map.

Cotton doesn’t regrow after harvesting right?
Ignorance is bliss
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 pm

You ordered Season pass which includes all DLCs. Thats all you bought and thats what are you getting. Nowhere Giants claimed there will be BIG JOHN DEERE DLC or something like that, and that you would have right to bash them for not getting it.