JD Equipment Expansion Poll

What pieces of equipment did you most want to see in an expansion of John Deere's line in FS19?

JD DB60, OR JD 1775 NT Precision Planter
14%
JD 9RX & 9R 450+ HP Tractors
16%
JD N500C No-Till Air Drill OR JD 1895 No-Till Air Drill W/C850 or 1910 Commodity Cart
10%
JD CP 690 or CS 690 Cotton Harvester
5%
JD CH570 Sugar Cane Harvester
2%
JD Haying equipment, including a W170 Windrower and a JD round baler
9%
JD 9000 Series Forage Harvester
10%
JD Tillage equipment, including a large field cultivator, a disk, and a ripper
16%
JD R4060 Sprayer OR Hagie STS16 Sprayer , and a JD F4365 Dry Fertilizer Spreader
11%
Other JD equipment piece not listed in poll options
7%

Total votes: 346

IceUul

Re: JD Equipment Expansion Poll

Post by IceUul »

Voted for drivable equipment: Tractors, harvesters, sprayers.
I don't mind the other stuff, but we already got equipment with same functionality.
I really felt that sugarcane and cotton needs more equipment, so everything that makes me to use more these two crops are welcome.

So far i know JD is only inside two games:
John Deere American Farmer
Drive Green

And i really do not mind if most of the stuff in FS19 is by brand called DEERE.
Just asking, are there farms in USA, where all equipment has DEERE on them? I do not think so.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm And i really do not mind if most of the stuff in FS19 is by brand called DEERE.
Just asking, are there farms in USA, where all equipment has DEERE on them? I do not think so.
1. Why put JD knock-off items in the game if we're already getting some official ones?
2. Just calling them 'Deere' would still be a copyright infringement, as they would be using John Deere's likeness by stamping his last name on stuff.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 am Looks like this poll is showing where everyone stands here on the dlc lol I think giants should have made a bigger dlc with some of what this poll has and added the cotton harvester...I would have way happier
I think it really says something as well. I hope someone is paying attention. To me it says that their community cares a lot more about enhancing the current game experience that is already offered rather than spending time and resources to add new crops into the game.

I do think the JD cotton harvester was a vital piece of equipment. If cotton is going to be in the game, there should be a couple options for harvesters. It's just not for me, which is why I'm kind of indifferent about it. I'm from the Midwest and it just doesn't interest me all that much.

BUT. There are pieces of equipment that peak the interest of players across all regions, whether they enjoy cotton, beets, or small grains. The poll definitely adds some validity to this.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm And i really do not mind if most of the stuff in FS19 is by brand called DEERE.
1. I do. And a lot of others do too. I like red, yellow, green, blue, all colors of equipment.

2. Yes. There are farms in the USA where all equipment has DEERE on them. There are farms in the USA where all equipment has CaseIH on them. There are farms in the USA where all equipment has New Holland on them....
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 pm
1. Why put JD knock-off items in the game if we're already getting some official ones?
2. Just calling them 'Deere' would still be a copyright infringement, as they would be using John Deere's likeness by stamping his last name on stuff.
I did not mean that, i meant DEERE = John Deere and Deere brand, official items: DEERE branded wheel-loaders and so on.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

High Cotton wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm I think they missed a good opportunity to add a Deere planter. Cotton is grown on 36-40in rows. None of the ingame planters are the right spacing. I would have really like to Seen a stack fold planter with the correct row spacing added.
I have seen cotton on 30 inch rows before so it wouldn't be a problem
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:15 pm So many people were asking for cotton in 17, and when they got cotton in 19 they started asking for a JD picker. I dont know how you can say Giants doesnt listen to the community. Keep in mind, Giants sold over 2 million copies of the game, thats a lot of community to listen to and try to keep happy. Try getting a hundred people in a room and see how many of them all want the same thing. Giants will listen to the community in baby steps, the best they can
Exactly. Giants delivered all promises soo far, yet there is people who are "disapointed". I mean its not like you can please everybodys taste in one single DLC.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 pm
Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 pm
I did not mean that, i meant DEERE = John Deere and Deere brand, official items: DEERE branded wheel-loaders and so on.
Oh I get what you were saying now. Sorry for the misinterpretation.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:15 pm So many people were asking for cotton in 17, and when they got cotton in 19 they started asking for a JD picker. I dont know how you can say Giants doesnt listen to the community. Keep in mind, Giants sold over 2 million copies of the game, thats a lot of community to listen to and try to keep happy. Try getting a hundred people in a room and see how many of them all want the same thing. Giants will listen to the community in baby steps, the best they can
Exactly. Giants delivered all promises soo far, yet there is people who are "disapointed". I mean its not like you can please everybodys taste in one single DLC.
We understand Giants isn't going to please everyone, but the poll data says that they pleased a lot fewer people than they certainly could have.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm
I think we understand Giants isn't going to please everyone, but the poll data suggests that they pleased a lot fewer people than they certainly could have.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm We understand Giants isn't going to please everyone, but the poll data says that they pleased a lot fewer people than they certainly could have.
They'll be fine. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my new cotton picker. :gamer:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:38 pm
Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm We understand Giants isn't going to please everyone, but the poll data says that they pleased a lot fewer people than they certainly could have.
They'll be fine. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my new cotton picker. :gamer:
:mrgreen: *thumbsup*
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
garyst

Post by garyst »

Cmtaylor wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:52 pm
High Cotton wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm I think they missed a good opportunity to add a Deere planter. Cotton is grown on 36-40in rows. None of the ingame planters are the right spacing. I would have really like to Seen a stack fold planter with the correct row spacing added.
I have seen cotton on 30 inch rows before so it wouldn't be a problem
Yeah but the case ih cotton picker in fs19 is spaced for 36 or 38" rows. If you pull it up to one of the 30" spaced in game planters you could see the row units on the picker don't match the planter.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

This isn't exactly true. What people ask for is based on what they currently have and some assumptions about the constraints the provider is working under. In FS17 it was assumed that John Deere would continue to not be available and the general game model buildings would be remain similar. Therefore, the audience assumes that the best way to add content to the game is by adding another specialty crop. If the assumptions about FS17 to FS19 are wrong, of which only Giants would know, then the feedback is also wrong.

Internally, once Giants knew they were getting Deere and the extent of the placable system, it is up to them to take that information and combine it with other sources to choose the best way to spend resources for future DLC. Cotton still has several bugs with it, such as you can't lime over damaged crops and therefore Giants has basically wasted the crop AND a DLC slot. While I have made $$$ off cotton in game, I don't think I it would change my decision to play or buy the game if it were delayed.

What Giants should have done based on what is known about the differences between FS17 and FS19.
  • Sell FS19 based off Deere, the placable system and horses. Oats is a secondary benefit as a result of horses. All current Deere products in the game stay, except the corn header is fixed to be a correct 30 inch row head. DB series of planters added and at least one of 9R, 9RT or 9RX.
  • Anderson DLC swapped to a placables DLC to show off that system
  • Cotton is added as a $10 DLC with Deere and Case IH harvesters and associated equipment. Extra time used to fix the various cotton related bugs and we roll out a DLC with a new crop, but also red vs green in same DLC.
  • Giants makes $5 more and people are probably more happy overall
Instead, we have the Anderson DLC which is more baling stuff few people use and a $5 "Deere" cotton DLC that feels like it should of been in the base game.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm
:this: Good read. *thumbsup*
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro