Was rattlesnake valley ever on console?

Ritchie

Re: Was rattlesnake valley ever on console?

Post by Ritchie »

I think it's best you stop speaking to this person as their clearly speaking out of their backside :lol:
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yep already done
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Everybody knows consoles running current hardware can only run 2km x 2km map. Maybe PS5 or Project Scarlett could run for 4x maps. Thats the thing about current console hardware is that its a fixed spec for that generation. The next generation consoles coming in 2020 might not be even be able to run a 4x map. When it comes to pc they will always be ahead of the game. Pc you can upgrade at anytime. Console you are stuck with same spec for the entire life cycle of that generation.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Its limitations of the hardware that impact the game as a whole. Run a 4x map on console would seriously impact fps.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

The worst thing about Farming Simulator on console is the slot count. That and the 4GB reserved space form mods. This is down to hardware limitations. The more detailed the map/mod the high the slot count. Run a 4x map on console would eat up most of the slots.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Also the download size. 4x maps would eat up the 4GB reserved space.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:10 am Also the download size. 4x maps would eat up the 4GB reserved space.

Some x4 maps weigh 300 mb and others 1.5 GB. The biggest weakness of the consoles is the CPU. Core clock :facepalm: 1.6 GHz. The performance of this processor is close to Athlon 5350.

Now GPU
Unified Shaders : Texture Mapping Units : Render Output Units for PS4 - 1152:72:32 and clock 800 MHz.
Now you need to find the equivalent of AMD for PC
Radeon R7 265 1024:64:32 and clock 900 MHz

Sometimes It's hard to get 30 FPS in FHD on the console. Stable 30 FPS. That's why games are resized to lower resolutions. That's why games like Arma will never come out on consoles
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

At the end of the day it is what it is. As a console player myself I understand the limitations of the platform and this the way things are. You either learn to except them for what they are minor things or be like everyone else and play on pc. I am truely grateful for what modders have achieved on consoles. Also thanks to Giants for allowing consoles to have mods in 17 and now in 19. They didn't have to do that. The thing I see in the community not that it happens that often is certain individuals doing modders a dis-service by complaining about modders and their work. Welker Farms is a recent example of this. All I can say to Mappers Paradise and all other modders out there thank you for sharing your maps and mods with the community and thank you for your professionalism. The way Mappers Paradise handled the whole situation was very professional. As for the community I must say I am ashamed sometimes to call myself part of for the actions of others. People get hyped up about a map then the map comes out and then they are disappointed. Mappers Paradise have earned their reputation as a top modding group. Followers expect a certain level of quality on their maps and they deliver ever single time. The minor things are not 100% and thats where players come in. Social Media is the way we communicate with the modders pointing out minor issues, but this should be done in professional manor. They give us these creations for free. They are human beings with lives, families and jobs who mod as a pastime. The problem is with the world is we take and take and take and never give anything back return. Thats certain individuals attitude in life. Trouble with some individuals is they always look inwards only thinking of themselves. Thats just human nature I guess. I apologise for all this seems like its very long winded I understand. People will agree people will disagree. That is the world we have to face everyday. The good the bad the right and the wrong. Anyway thats more than my 2 cents for the day.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Something that really gets up my nose with people is one asking modders for release dates which is totally wrong. Then you have the whole childish attitude some individuals have ME ME ME, MINE, MINE, MINE, NOW, NOW, NOW, WHEN?, WHEN?, WHEN? As if these individuals believe in life that these modders owe them something just because they shelled money for a video game. Modders owe us nothing!! Some people dont appreciate something until its gone then they feel they have the right to complain about it. Thats what happens in life. Suddenly Giants announce that they are no long releasing mods and not have in game mod hub will be a sad day. Then all the kids will be throwing their toys out their prams in disappointment. Appreciate what you have while you still have it.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Guil wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 pm At the time there was less than 30 employees in Giants. There is no link cos they didn't say it
Those 30 employees still helped BulletBill and OxygenDavid get their FS15 maps (Coldborough and Chellington) ready for FS17 very shortly after it came out. In fact, one could argue that they helped modders more back then for the release of FS17 than they did for FS19. Isn't that one of the reasons BulletBill had for not making FS19 maps?

Again I'm not going to scour the forums for the link. I'm not sure if it exists or not. Maybe they said it in Discord? I have no idea.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Discord server didn't exist at the time.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Yeah I know, it didn't exist then. I never said it was back then that Giants said 4x maps can't be on console. I was pretty sure it was said at some *point* following, just to be clear.

Either way, we are about to find out. Dajnet, the guy who makes the Pleasant Valley maps, is going to try after the contest to make his 4x contest map available for consoles. Then consoles can have the mining, farming, and all those extra crops. I don't think it will be successful, but you never know.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

We have a few 300- 500+ MB maps on console and many have high slot counts 500-700 out of 1299 so a 4X would probably leave us a few hundred slots, enough for basic equipment at most.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

Honest question, aside from massive budgets and bigger teams, how do games like Red dead, gta, Assisins Creed etc have such huge open worlds with so much happening... They are limited by the same hardware constraints.

Also, how does Spintires have mud and changing terrain (deformable?) while FS is not capable (same publisher).

Please don't jump down my throat or toast me.. I'm honestly just curious as I don't understand how such things work.
Guil

Post by Guil »

FS needs to keep the entire map in memory all the time or else growth wouldn't work properly etc. Everything from vehicles and implements to bales to swaths of hay or straw.