JD Equipment Expansion Poll

What pieces of equipment did you most want to see in an expansion of John Deere's line in FS19?

JD DB60, OR JD 1775 NT Precision Planter
14%
JD 9RX & 9R 450+ HP Tractors
16%
JD N500C No-Till Air Drill OR JD 1895 No-Till Air Drill W/C850 or 1910 Commodity Cart
10%
JD CP 690 or CS 690 Cotton Harvester
5%
JD CH570 Sugar Cane Harvester
2%
JD Haying equipment, including a W170 Windrower and a JD round baler
9%
JD 9000 Series Forage Harvester
10%
JD Tillage equipment, including a large field cultivator, a disk, and a ripper
16%
JD R4060 Sprayer OR Hagie STS16 Sprayer , and a JD F4365 Dry Fertilizer Spreader
11%
Other JD equipment piece not listed in poll options
7%

Total votes: 346

Thedebe48

Re: JD Equipment Expansion Poll

Post by Thedebe48 »

[/quote]

What Giants should have done based on what is known about the differences between FS17 and FS19.
  • Sell FS19 based off Deere, the placable system and horses. Oats is a secondary benefit as a result of horses. All current Deere products in the game stay, except the corn header is fixed to be a correct 30 inch row head. DB series of planters added and at least one of 9R, 9RT or 9RX.
  • Anderson DLC swapped to a placables DLC to show off that system
  • Cotton is added as a $10 DLC with Deere and Case IH harvesters and associated equipment. Extra time used to fix the various cotton related bugs and we roll out a DLC with a new crop, but also red vs green in same DLC.
  • Giants makes $5 more and people are probably more happy overall
Instead, we have the Anderson DLC which is more baling stuff few people use and a $5 "Deere" cotton DLC that feels like it should of been in the base game.
[/quote]

Very well said.

I also love that you brought up the corn header... Getting off subject here, but I seriously have no clue how they dropped the ball on that one. Like, did they just think that since it was an 18 row header that that would be the best one? *Face Palm* The JD header in the game looks ridiculous. How hard would it have been for them to realize that the planters they have in the game are 30 in., therefore the headers should match... But no, we have planters, headers and row crop duals that are all three different sizes.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Having a poll does present overseers with data to make decisions but I think there needs to be an ounce of objectivity as well.

As someone else stated, if a crop like cotton is in the game, it needs to be supported. As more crops are added, they will become increasingly obscure. With that will come obscure equipment and limited brands. This DLC is much more a necessary evil than about appeasing everyone.

Cotton seemed to generate a lot of excitement early and it's not as though a Deere cotton picker wasn't asked for. How would we feel if September came and no new Deere at all?

Ironically at the bottom of the poll standings is a cane harvester. Yet, in examining the choices, evaluating FS19...sprinkle in a little objectivity, this would be in my top 3 if I had to predict what is next. No inside knowledge, just a gut feeling.

I have a hard time believing that Giants will cave on not using major brands in tne area of tillage...and probably even seeders and planters. Europe is stacked with long tenured companies that basically command those markets. Tillage in North America is similar to a degree.

I'm certain more Deere is on the way. Will it be enough to appease everyone? I doubt it. If the full new lineup was available, someone will be asking for vintage.

One modder is launching Deere forestry mods with almost no attention at all. I'm no fan of in game forestry, but its a noble effort.

My personal opinion is that Giants needs to start taking care of modders...especially the more prominent ones. This game doesn't sell nearly as many copies without them. If modders were compensated (even a little), Giants and maybe even OEM's could sway what is made and for what platforms. Right now it's just a mess and by ignoring it, Giants just generates animosity. They need to stop applying band-aids and start creating real solutions.
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

Also everyone needs to consider just how long it takes to create these models. I would put money on the fact that Giants most likely has a whole central folder of WIP models that have to be designed incredibly specific to 1) meet our expectations of quality and 2) meet the license requirements of brands that are allowing them to use their name and 3) to be detailed enough but still meet the restrictions on consoles.

I've personally tried using tools like Blender and Maya because I was going to get my foot wet in the modding scene, but I noped right back out of it. It takes an extreme amount of time I would imagine, especially designing engines and hydraulic systems. When you get into things like implements, tillage and seeding requires some of the most attention to detail. They may have very well been working on that cotton harvester since release, and are now finally ready to release it to the public. Being that it's a paid DLC, most likely means it took efforts from all side of the company to make it happen. For one machine.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

theMavric wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:57 am Also everyone needs to consider just how long it takes to create these models. I would put money on the fact that Giants most likely has a whole central folder of WIP models that have to be designed incredibly specific to 1) meet our expectations of quality and 2) meet the license requirements of brands that are allowing them to use their name and 3) to be detailed enough but still meet the restrictions on consoles...
Giants is getting digital information directly from the manufacturers. They still need to do a lot of work but it's not like the modders who are working off a ruler and pictures. Having the actual information in front of them makes it a lot easier.
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

DeereJason wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 am
theMavric wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:57 am Also everyone needs to consider just how long it takes to create these models. I would put money on the fact that Giants most likely has a whole central folder of WIP models that have to be designed incredibly specific to 1) meet our expectations of quality and 2) meet the license requirements of brands that are allowing them to use their name and 3) to be detailed enough but still meet the restrictions on consoles...
Giants is getting digital information directly from the manufacturers. They still need to do a lot of work but it's not like the modders who are working off a ruler and pictures. Having the actual information in front of them makes it a lot easier.
Didn't know that. Pretty cool.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I have no idea what it works out as but modders do get some payments from giants as long as the mod stats over a certain rating.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

The problem I see is that there is none or very few modders who actually producee quality "americanized" FS mods. If we look to ModHub today there is only CustomsModding I belive. Yes there is a few people out there on FB that can meet quite good mod quality standartds, but thats pretty much it. On the other hand there is countless modders on Europen side. Lots of strong modding groups like Realismus, Agrartechnik Nordeifel, VertexDesign, AAAmodding (etc.), different communities like LS-modcompany or ModdingWelt or ForbbidenMods.

I dont know whats the reason behind all that. But in my opinion most of "USA style" mods doesnt meet the ingame standart quality.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Alot of Europeans dont know much about American equipment and probably have no interest
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Of course. Thats obviously. I am more interested in reasons why isnt American modding community developed as much as European.
Antoher good indicator is ModContest this year. Lets look at USA style mods submitted:
In category Public Vote:
  • Haybuster
  • Large Mechanic Shop
In Maps category:
  • Canfarm (with lots of bugs/errors)
  • Durango
  • Pineapple Bay
In youngtimer cateogory:
  • nothing
I am surprised that Youngtimer category didnt get single mod: lets say an old 2WD JD or McCormick or Oliver or whathever. Or old school forage harvester or forage wagon or combine. :confusednew: :confusednew: Its not like rewards are bad, contrary they are HUGE.
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

Tomazius96 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 am I am surprised that Youngtimer category didnt get single mod
Ford 6810
Intrrnational Harvester 33
New Holland Genesis 70

Which were all very well done. But yeah, still weak on the US side.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

theMavric wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Tomazius96 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 am I am surprised that Youngtimer category didnt get single mod
Ford 6810
Intrrnational Harvester 33
New Holland Genesis 70

Which were all very well done. But yeah, still weak on the US side.
I meant USA style. Otherwise Youngtimer category got some really good and well made mods.