[FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC - NOW AVAILABLE

Beastbubba

Re: [FS19]John Deere Cotton DLC

Post by Beastbubba »

Season pass offers you the chance to prepurchase a bundle of DLC's. Nowhere does it ever say what, how many, nor how much it will save you. Unless you purchase it after all the content has all ready been released.

This is nothing like gambling nor placing an order... Season pass, from all i have ever seen, is always cheaper than buying them all seperatly. May only be a few bucks cheaper, but still...

If you diden't want all the future DLC, why buy the pass? No season pass is cheap enough to be worth just 1 or 2 of the DLC's...

The advantage of a season pass is to get all of the content at a slightly reduced price and to support the developer.

The disadvantage is you could probably save some money, because you probably wont be interested in all of the DLC.

The complaints about the season pass are really mute and ignorant at this point. There is still more content to come...

Back on topic, and about the "game changer".
Sure you could already harvest cotton... Lets just have one peice of equipment for each size/hp then, does that sound like a good idea?
And the JD picker is not at all like the case one. In game you can pick up those moduals with a loader, do that irl and you would just rip it apart. The bales however are generally loaded this way onto a flat bed. The JD baler is nonstop, it has a prebale chamber so it can spit out a bale while still harvesting (which should be how it works in game). They are not the same by any means.
PC gamer.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:12 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 pm
Beastbubba wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 am Yall are lucky to have the season pass. We (pc) don't have it as an option... And seriously it will probably be at leat 16 more months before the next game, lots of time for more DLC to come out.

And Giants were busy fixing the game for the fisrt few months, and as of late busy with the (imo, stupid) FSL. We already know they will be announcing a platinum edition at the end of the month too (which by all rumors will add Claas to the game).

TLDR: more stuff is coming, cool yer jets...
Imagine ordering a burger and fries combo, and paying for it. Then they only give you the burger. Later on they offer you the fries, but it will cost extra.
You ordered Season pass which includes all DLCs. Thats all you bought and thats what are you getting. Nowhere Giants claimed there will be BIG JOHN DEERE DLC or something like that, and that you would have right to bash them for not getting it.
Sorry, I don't mean to bash or to offend. My words are just my opinion and I don't speak for anyone but myself.
I didn't buy the season pass because I don't like the idea of paying for mods when there are so many the same or similar.
I don't even really care what name is on the equipment. Lizard everything would be fine with me.
If a DLC comes with actual game play enhancements, I'd be happy to pay for it.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

While nothing is guaranteed, it's safe to assume the sum of all the pay DLC's is, or will be greater than the Season pass. The platinum edition alone accounts for most of that.

That said, I agree with previous sentiments...there is no guarantee overall, let alone a satisfaction guarantee. By now, any veteran of FS should tread lightly around the satisfaction element.

As far as the "one Deere item" discussion, I as much as anyone want to see more Deere in game. But, over the past several months many have been begging and pleading for even a single item...and even calls for a cotton picker.

There are a total of what? 17 Deere items by Giants? (Including the CP690 and the gator and all tools). If there were 30, would there still be requests...demands even? I'm guilty of asking for more but there will always be a 'never satisfied' crowd.

I'm content for now with what's available. I have a feeling 😉 more is on the way. Probably will never be enough but it will be an interesting second half of 2019.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

It is called greed, the players will be never satisfied! Even you put 10 more crops, all JD line up, 10 different maps, seasons in game, there will be still posts, "i want my old tractor" or "i want this onion harvester".
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

People will never be satisfied... there are too many youtubers, who follow for example Squad etc. they have been brainwashed about the mods, all older JDs etc. wich are great of course (I use them on PC side) but people just blindly think all will appear just like that for 400 eur consoles...
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

JWE75 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:58 pm People will never be satisfied... there are too many youtubers, who follow for example Squad etc. they have been brainwashed about the mods, all older JDs etc. wich are great of course (I use them on PC side) but people just blindly think all will appear just like that for 400 eur consoles...
Most of these mods that are promoted in youtube channels have lot of errors and bugs, some of them are still in beta. Look bad, work bad, but who cares, as long they can show one "nice" mod on they channel and viewers come.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

IceUul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 am It is called greed, the players will be never satisfied! Even you put 10 more crops, all JD line up, 10 different maps, seasons in game, there will be still posts, "i want my old tractor" or "i want this onion harvester".
There are two sides of the greed coin. The Giants side says "let's withhold content from release and charge $5 for it later, marketing it as the Deere expansion".

After thinking about it, this DLC feels more like withheld content than actual new content. I can at least understand the Anderson DLC even though it is not my cup of tea.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

money they need to buy and stop criticizing, you do not want to get too much or repetitive just follow your path and do not turn to let us enjoy one or the other dlc so a dog dlc would buy it and many would also buy it that this new dlc is an effort more of giants or a capricious fulfillment of the players (message directed to the negatives of the dlc)
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 pm
There are two sides of the greed coin. The Giants side says "let's withhold content from release and charge $5 for it later, marketing it as the Deere expansion".

After thinking about it, this DLC feels more like withheld content than actual new content. I can at least understand the Anderson DLC even though it is not my cup of tea.
I can agree and disagree with this. Similarly to how software is released in today's age, it's a submit what is done and add or fix later deal. Being a little bit of the older school, I don't agree with releasing an unfinished product to the market but that's the world we now live in.

As far as content additions, that's sort of two-fold. On one hand, these things take time. There is content that is required at time of release and content that can come later. Given that release was delayed a month, I'm sure Giants' plate was pretty full. In regard to this DLC, does Giants release a small DLC now or wait for a larger DLC? Or even wait until the Platinum release?

The platinum release is a big part of series...and not just in terms of content for players. Take a look at Focus' financial numbers...Farming Simulator, while not the largest of Focus' titles, it appears to have the largest numbers at the end of each year. The general release is every other year. The platinum release helps stabilize financial numbers on off years.

Given this important aspect, the platinum release needs significant content to prove viable. If this DLC is released now, that tells me there is significant content still coming. While this is believed to be Claas, I am certain that it does not ONLY include Claas.

Do I think more Deere is on the way? Yes...with absolute certainty. This year? I believe so. Will it be a lot? Probably not as much as most are hoping for. Will it be in an official "Deere DLC"? No...at least not in the 2019 calendar year.
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Jd stated (i think mentioned during somethin for fsl, anyone got a link?) they were expanding their fleet in fs19, highly doubt an “expansion” is 1 vehicle
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Walrusman02 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:06 pm Jd stated (i think mentioned during somethin for fsl, anyone got a link?) they were expanding their fleet in fs19, highly doubt an “expansion” is 1 vehicle
https://fsl.giants-software.com/?page=news&article=68

While it's almost certainly about FS19 (hence this DLC) it doesn't mention FS19 specifically, only referring to "the game", which could be interpreted as "the series"; so it could mean expanding the partnership in FS2x.

I think what this DLC does is cast doubt on another JD DLC. This would have been the perfect opportunity to release more JD equipment if they chose to (be it cotton or not). Any future JD-centric DLC now could be seen by many as profiteering by gauging their customers - something GIANTS have never done.

A future DLC which has a variety of brands, of which JD is one, is still entirely possible (indeed likely), especially if the game moves to a 3-year release pattern.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Might see a surprise free dlc?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

eric21 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 pm Might see a surprise free dlc?
Possible of course, but given John Deere was the poster brand for FS19 they could have easily made it commercial with a bigger pack than this.

There is the John Deere forage harvester which Kemper demonstrated on their stand at a show earlier this year, but we don't even know if that was something just for Kemper to use at shows (like the IDEAL in FS17).

I'm sure we'll get it eventually too but perhaps Claas's Jaguar will be one of the models in the Platinum DLC, in which case the JD one might follow that if it's to come as a freebie.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm Chris be like, lets drop some news here:
That movie is so good.

Got the times when the DLC will be available. If your timezone isn't listed there, you can click the links and that'll take you to a page where you can add your own city (or a big city close to you) to check what the exact time will be for you.

Giants Website: 23rd July, 00:00 AM CEST // 22nd July, 11:00 PM BST // 22nd July, 5:00 PM CDT
Steam: 23rd July, 10:30 AM CEST // 09:30 AM BST // 03:30 AM CDT
Playstation 4 - Europe: 23rd July, 00:01 CEST // 22nd July, 11:01 PM BST // 22nd July, 5:01 PM CDT
Playstation 4 - Americas: 23rd July, 19:00 CEST // 10:00 AM PDT // 12:00 Noon CDT // 01:00 PM EDT // 02:00 PM ART/BRT
Xbox One: 23rd July, 00:01 CEST // 22nd July, 11:01 PM BST // 22nd July, 5:01 PM CDT
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

IceUul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 am It is called greed, the players will be never satisfied! Even you put 10 more crops, all JD line up, 10 different maps, seasons in game, there will be still posts, "i want my old tractor" or "i want this onion harvester".
True 😂😂😂😂

Except for those with season passes one statement : Don't want it, Don't buy it.