What is the most used forestry equipment

Farmingboss99
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

What is the most used forestry equipment

Post by Farmingboss99 »

I'm a console player trying to get some ideas before I start a logging series. What equipment should I use
Rbk_3

Re: What is the most used forestry equipment

Post by Rbk_3 »

I personally haven’t used any forestry equipment since 15
PC: 9600k/1080ti
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Tracked harvester is dope
crash

Post by crash »

Depends.. US still practises fulllength logging, so you have a feller, a skidder, a proseccor on the landing that de-branches and cuts of the top, sorts it into categories, and measures the volume i guess, then a loader and and truck hauling to the mill.. Over here everything is done with wheeled harvesters, they cut and prosess everything to the timber sellers/mills specification so that each log gives the most money to the forest owner compared to what the mill wants. They also sort everything in the forest, and the landings also have the same categories. Then a forwarder brings it to the road, a truck brings it to the mill. THe last one is what vanilla game eqipment is set up for..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

To answer the OP question: A Chainsaw! (SCNR)

And it is about how you want to play ...
Start little: Pickup, chainsaw to make and transport little pices of wood
Become bigger: Tractor, Tipper/trailer, chainsaw, frontloader with claws or forest crane for 3-point .. and bigger: Trailer with crane ... and bigger ... Truck log Trailer ... and so on ...
There are really so much ingame Forestry Equipment, you should test.

In FS17 I loved to use the Excavator Liebherr 902 Pack and the MAN truck with log trailer. There are more Things now in FS19.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

My most used logging Equipment beside the scorpion king (JD is Close to it, but most logging I did before it came out) is the bag lifter :mrgreen:
PS4 und PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am using a big size harvester doing 5m logs and a forwarder to transport it out of the forest.

When cutting the trees I am also sorting them so that the last thin parts is separated (these I chip).
Unfortunately the "scrap wood" gets a better pay off sold as "timber" instead of chips ... so it makes very little sense doing this or doing chips at all.
This is why I have the placeable heating plant, next to my cow barn, to sell the chips in, to cut down on my heating costs (role play) ... :lol:

I really miss the placeable saw mill that makes pallets of planks and the placeable sell point for these that actually made it worth the extra job you put in to it (this sell point gave you more pay off for the pallets).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Loved the placable sawmill an bsm wood chipper hope one day to see them on fs 19 one day
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

crash wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:04 am Depends.. US still practises fulllength logging, so you have a feller, a skidder, a proseccor on the landing that de-branches and cuts of the top, sorts it into categories, and measures the volume i guess, then a loader and and truck hauling to the mill.. Over here everything is done with wheeled harvesters, they cut and prosess everything to the timber sellers/mills specification so that each log gives the most money to the forest owner compared to what the mill wants. They also sort everything in the forest, and the landings also have the same categories. Then a forwarder brings it to the road, a truck brings it to the mill. THe last one is what vanilla game eqipment is set up for..

That depends on where in the U.S. you are and what time of tree you are harvesting. 99% of loggers around me fell by hand and delimb by hand and use a saw buck to cut to lengths. Around me it's mostly hardwood being harvested
XBOX/ FS22