Static Noise (in-cab)

KevinMn

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Post by KevinMn »

I can also reproduce this issue, on basically all machinery. Some are easier to hear than others.
This is definitely not just a some select few that are unlucky, I play on a dedicated server with 6-8 people, and all complain about the same.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Making a video wont help you show the issue I am afraid.
The sound in your video is exactly the same as in my game as I am playing it on my system!

I might be able to hear the sound you are having an issue with, but I am not finding it disturbing.
When it comes to hearing we are all different and sensitive to different type of sounds.

THE VCA mod comes with a lot of functions/features. Among them are settings where you can tweak the pitch and characteristics of the sound for each vehicle you are using.
https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon
You might wanna give it a try!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

W1der wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:11 pm Making a video wont help you show the issue I am afraid.
The sound in your video is exactly the same as in my game as I am playing it on my system!

I might be able to hear the sound you are having an issue with, but I am not finding it disturbing.
When it comes to hearing we are all different and sensitive to different type of sounds.

THE VCA mod comes with a lot of functions/features. Among them are settings where you can tweak the pitch and characteristics of the sound for each vehicle you are using.
https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon
You might wanna give it a try!
How can you tell when I didn't make the video yet? :-) I'm sure i can reproduce this issue and record it to be recognized without any problems.

I've been in the modding scene for some years now and i have over 5000 hours of gaming/modding time in Farming Simulator games, and i know the mod you just linked very well. This issue has nothing to do with any of that, the issue is within the core engine of the game which started to appear right after 1.4.

Do you think we are all crazy and just start hearing noises in our heads? :lol: i would not spend my time posting about this issue, if i wasn't 100% sure about what im typing. Again, i'm really happy that you have no issues, it's a luxury trust me.
Last edited by cookedust on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

KevinMn wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm I can also reproduce this issue, on basically all machinery. Some are easier to hear than others.
This is definitely not just a some select few that are unlucky, I play on a dedicated server with 6-8 people, and all complain about the same.
Thank you for your contribution to this thread :hi: this issue needs to be highlighted, and it's a damn shame it was removed from the bug-reports too early.
W1der

Post by W1der »

LOL, I sure don´t think you are crazy!

RODHA allready made a Video and it sounds just fine on my system, with my sound settings and with my speakers.
Possibly if you use an external microphone to record the audio, because if you are extracting it directly from your system it will sound exactly the same as on my system when I play the video.
But then we are back to system settings ... not an actual bug.

This is sort of interesting to me anyways so I am looking forward to see the video from you to see if I can tell any difference!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

W1der wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:32 pm LOL, I sure don´t think you are crazy!

RODHA allready made a Video and it sounds just fine on my system, with my sound settings and with my speakers.
Possibly if you use an external microphone to record the audio, because if you are extracting it directly from your system it will sound exactly the same as on my system when I play the video.
But then we are back to system settings ... not an actual bug.

This is sort of interesting to me anyways so I am looking forward to see the video from you to see if I can tell any difference!
Just kidding with you :lol:

The video RODHA posted shows the issue very clearly, and if you can't hear any distortion in that clip, some plugin or EQ is messing with your sound.

https://youtu.be/c1Cs9HXihdU?t=7

The distortion is at it's highest around 7-13 seconds in the video, the exact time he throttles from standstill. After that, the distortion fades a bit because the engine load is lowering. The distortion disapears completely when he changes to outdoor camera. If you can't hear what i'm talking about, try a difference computer, maybe your smartphone and plug in your headphones :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cookedust wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 am
RODHA wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am You are spot on with your diagnosis cookedust *thumbsup*
I guess time will tell if Giants even take it as a bug.
I did some more testing on this matter, and tried to collect some information about the recent patch 1.4 and patch 1.4.1.
It seems Giants has programmed some sort of lowpass filter, which boosts low-end hz when the tractor is working under load. They made this filter to make the sounds more "powerful". The problem is this new filter is boosting the low-end hz way too much, making the sounds distort and it's a pain for the ears. You can try to set volume levels manually in the soundtemplates, but it has very little effect. The distortion is still there.

The reason Giants isn't taking this seriously is because they are worn out from these bug fixes and it really shows when they can't reproduce a simple issue like this. Any person with a decent headset can hear the sounds are distorting when driving from the indoorcamera. However, this issue only appears during the time the tractor is under load, which means you can hear the distortion when a tractor goes from 0 - 30-40 km/h until momentum is reached. When the tractor reaches high speed and is no longer under load, the loadsound and the distortion dissapears and the "run sound" takes over.

However, the loadsound is a absolute key sound in FS19 and this issue should be addressed and taken seriously. They added this new lowpass filter with good intentions, but sadly they broke more than they fixed. Before, the issue was just volume levels, now the issue is something only Giants can change. Custom soundtemplates which worked perfectly before the patch, also has distortion now and there is nothing to do about it.

I still hope for some kind of response from Giants, since this issue is very easy to reproduce with all machines in the game. If nothing happens, i'll have to make another bug-report with an video which showcases this issue for all to hear, using 10 different machines.
I don't know what to say cookedust. You are the man :biggrin2: *thumbsup*

Perfect explanation to a very annoying issue.
I informed Lethian via PM and asked if he can help us and let the devs see your post and this topic in general.

I don't even know who moved this bug report to general discussion. I have a guess on why but don't know who.

I hope we can get some results.
PS5 / FS22
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

RODHA wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm
cookedust wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 am
RODHA wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am You are spot on with your diagnosis cookedust *thumbsup*
I guess time will tell if Giants even take it as a bug.
I did some more testing on this matter, and tried to collect some information about the recent patch 1.4 and patch 1.4.1.
It seems Giants has programmed some sort of lowpass filter, which boosts low-end hz when the tractor is working under load. They made this filter to make the sounds more "powerful". The problem is this new filter is boosting the low-end hz way too much, making the sounds distort and it's a pain for the ears. You can try to set volume levels manually in the soundtemplates, but it has very little effect. The distortion is still there.

The reason Giants isn't taking this seriously is because they are worn out from these bug fixes and it really shows when they can't reproduce a simple issue like this. Any person with a decent headset can hear the sounds are distorting when driving from the indoorcamera. However, this issue only appears during the time the tractor is under load, which means you can hear the distortion when a tractor goes from 0 - 30-40 km/h until momentum is reached. When the tractor reaches high speed and is no longer under load, the loadsound and the distortion dissapears and the "run sound" takes over.

However, the loadsound is a absolute key sound in FS19 and this issue should be addressed and taken seriously. They added this new lowpass filter with good intentions, but sadly they broke more than they fixed. Before, the issue was just volume levels, now the issue is something only Giants can change. Custom soundtemplates which worked perfectly before the patch, also has distortion now and there is nothing to do about it.

I still hope for some kind of response from Giants, since this issue is very easy to reproduce with all machines in the game. If nothing happens, i'll have to make another bug-report with an video which showcases this issue for all to hear, using 10 different machines.
I don't know what to say cookedust. You are the man :biggrin2: *thumbsup*

Perfect explanation to a very annoying issue.
I informed Lethian via PM and asked if he can help us and let the devs see your post and this topic in general.

I don't even know who moved this bug report to general discussion. I have a guess on why but don't know who.

I hope we can get some results.
No problem RODHA, this issue affects us all. It is also important to point out, that i'm not lashing out at Giants in any way, i'm just saying they have been under huge pressure since launch to fix bugs in this game and that takes it's toll on people and their focus. Hopefully they will accept the help that we, the community is providing them. We all want a good game to play.

Keep us updated on your diaglogue with Lethian *thumbsup*
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cookedust wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:10 pm...It is also important to point out, that i'm not lashing out at Giants in any way, i'm just saying they have been under huge pressure since launch to fix bugs in this game...
On the quite contrary I'm completely and openly blaming them because you know I didn't make this game hence, I didn't create those bugs. Infact I was forced to pay to have those bugs. You know this happens naturally when you buy the game.

Blame always belongs to someone. The virtue is to step up and accept it. Not move a real bug report to another section of the forum just to make it forgoten and completely avoid it.
PS5 / FS22
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

RODHA wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:15 pm
cookedust wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:10 pm...It is also important to point out, that i'm not lashing out at Giants in any way, i'm just saying they have been under huge pressure since launch to fix bugs in this game...
On the quite contrary I'm completely and openly blaming them because you know I didn't make this game hence, I didn't create those bugs. Infact I was forced to pay to have those bugs. You know this happens naturally when you buy the game.

Blame always belongs to someone. The virtue is to step up and accept it. Not move a real bug report to another section of the forum just to make it forgoten and completely avoid it.
I agree, moving this topic from bug-reports was a dumb move and it sends a bad signal to the consumers. It's like when my father told me to clean my room and i just moved all my toys under my bed and hoped he didn't notice.
Hopefully they realize that this issue is very real and decides to step up and do something about it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm listening to that video above through some fairly high quality headphones and it sounds exactly like my game through my sound bar and sub (minus a good deal of low end). Sounds like a FS tractor under load to me. The only difference being it's louder now since they "fixed" the in-cab sound.

I don't believe it's a "bug", just less-than-great engine sounds. FS17 sounded better. FS19 in-cab sounded better before the patch.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm I'm listening to that video above through some fairly high quality headphones and it sounds exactly like my game through my sound bar and sub (minus a good deal of low end). Sounds like a FS tractor under load to me. The only difference being it's louder now since they "fixed" the in-cab sound.

I don't believe it's a "bug", just less-than-great engine sounds. FS17 sounded better. FS19 in-cab sounded better before the patch.
I hear scratchy noises when the tractor throttles. That's also what i hear in-game. That's also what my friends are hearing.

Hopefully this strange issue will be resolved.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

using either my Sony MDR-XB650BT Bluetooth headphones and/or my 1000w Logitech pc sound system and with the default sound profile, using the default sound card in my pc I am unable to reproduce this.. NOT saying anyone is crazy.. maybe its something specific to the hardware config and seeing what systems r and r not having this "issue" may help trace the problem down.. the rest of my specs r in my sig if that helps
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:33 pm using either my Sony MDR-XB650BT Bluetooth headphones and/or my 1000w Logitech pc sound system and with the default sound profile, using the default sound card in my pc I am unable to reproduce this.. NOT saying anyone is crazy.. maybe its something specific to the hardware config and seeing what systems r and r not having this "issue" may help trace the problem down.. the rest of my specs r in my sig if that helps
Hi Jessi, and thank you for your input.

I'm amazed that so many people can't reproduce something that seems so obvious to others. I hear loud and clear scratchy noises from the load sound, doesn't matter which vehicle i choose. If i choose 1.3 beta on Steam, the sound is smooth and no distortion appears. When i go back to 1.4 the sound is full of distortion. I just hope you guys understand what to listen to, as i wrote, the distortion is by no means a constant noise. It's a noise that appears when a vehicle throttles in the game, aka. it's under load. Again, this is ONLY from the indoorcamera! There is no distortion when driving from the outdoor camera.

Interesting.
W1der

Post by W1der »

If I look at the video with the volume turned up really high I can clearly hear that there is a sound that is pitching slightly in this time span ... but I would not describe it as scratchy or disturbing in any way.
It just sounds like an engine at work, possibly poorly implemented in relation to what actually is going on ... but as I am not pushing the gas pedal I wouldn' t know if it is from just being heavy on the throttle!?