Self Marketing Mod

FarmerJimbob

Self Marketing Mod

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Anyone worked this mod out? It was getting late when I had a go with it so couldn't summon the patience to figure it out, just dumped all the options on the farm and tried in vain to throw milk and eggs at them. Couldn't work out how to get the vending machines out of their transport crates even. I play with a controller mostly so I often have a problem that not all functions are mapped to buttons so have to try and find the possibilities using keyboard & mouse too.

Also, is there any kind of brake on the irrigation system sprinkler? I tested it on Felsbrun and there are sloped fields that it just likes to roll off. I guess I could maybe find something around the farm to use as a brake. Really interested in this mod as I see a lot of farmers around my way using these systems.

It would be nice if the modders could add a little readme file to their zip files to explain how to make these novel mods function.
Tomazius96

Re: Self Marketing Mod

Post by Tomazius96 »

You can "dewrap" vending machines. Try to walk near and around them, it should apear a fuction to open a box (I did that with LEFT MOUSE BUTTON i belive, look at the help HUD when mouse appears there). You can also "wrap" it back same way, for example if you are relocating a machine.

Irrigation system is still a bit buggy I think. I dont recommend using it on sloped fields.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Thanks Tomazius96 I'll have another go with that information. Thought I'd tried everything obvious but when you have no idea what the command will likely be it's easy to miss I guess. Irrigation system was similarly frustrating but I got there in the end with that (was earlier in the evening!)
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

Would be nice if some authors could provide detailed information in the mod description and yes a read me or something so we can know what the mod does or how to use it. Some mods are fairly easy other like this one, not so much.

I have not tried using any of the vending machines just yet. Just placed out one of the shacks, but now what? Is it supposed to be a passive income? Outside of turning a light on/off there are no instructions and no interactions either. Nothing to really indicate what the building is supposed to be doing.
JonAnderton

Post by JonAnderton »

I managed to open the wide doors, open the potato box and change the sign (even though i had no idea what it said). Took a pallet and trailer of potatoes to it, couldn’t find an unload point... Can’t find a how to Youtube either unfortunatly...
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Still unable to unpack the vending machines. Can open door and buy eggs, but the transport crate is still around the damn thing.

EDIT: The unwrap trigger is on the BACK. How dumb is that? I put the machine close to the wall and then unwrap, nope.
first unwrap and then push to the wall. Argh,...... :!:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
JonAnderton

Post by JonAnderton »

Given up on this......
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Bought the hut never used it as I too couldn’t get working. I definitely like the idea of a readme or text description of how to get it working
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Klutch simulations has a video on YouTube using this mod. He had things unwrapped and opened up.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:48 am Klutch simulations has a video on YouTube using this mod. He had things unwrapped and opened up.
How?

2 years later and I still can't get the vending machine out of the crate - current attempt has burned an hour of my livestream and tried every key / key combo on the keyboard and still it won't open (using the unwrap point on the back of the case).
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I don't remember it was so long ago. Go search his videos or teach out to him.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.