Maps that will not open with Seasons

ghosted

Re: Maps that will not open with Seasons

Post by ghosted »

Im playing on Marwell Manor map but the trees are not correct. no errors in log either

Guil

Post by Guil »

ghosted wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:05 pm Im playing on Marwell Manor map but the trees are not correct. no errors in log either

It has been stated multiple times that some trees will look terrible.
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

Guil wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:08 pm
ghosted wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:05 pm Im playing on Marwell Manor map but the trees are not correct. no errors in log either

It has been stated multiple times that some trees will look terrible.

where does it say that as not seen it so will they be fixing it soon
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

These maps are using fs17 versions of the trees. We can't discern between them so we replace their textures.

Their UV mapping is different so this happens. Map maker needs to replace the fs17 version with fs19 version
dtmaster

Post by dtmaster »

theSeb wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm
dtmaster wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:43 pm Season works so far on my map .. No error in the log, etc. .. It's snowing too .. But as soon as I open the Seasons menu crashed the game without an error message.
Sorry about that. It’s an error in the German translation file causing this. It’s already been fixed in the dev version. I shall go and flagellate our German testers.
So I hardly think so about the Game Crasht. The game Crashes anyway if I play my ModMap with extra fruits. Map Starts without problems. Once the menu is called the game crashes without error.
Public TS: we-play-games.de:10138
Public IRC : irc.we-play-games.de SSL port: 10000
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

Rankin wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 pm These maps are using fs17 versions of the trees. We can't discern between them so we replace their textures.

Their UV mapping is different so this happens. Map maker needs to replace the fs17 version with fs19 version

Hi thanks for your reply, But I cant see map makers like Oxygen David fixing his map marwell manor trees. I maybe wrong But I dont know how to contact him, so I cant use seasons then until he fixes his trees in map
BigAl Farming

Post by BigAl Farming »

Oxygen David has already confirmed on his facebook page that he's submitted the Oakfield Farm update to Giants for it to work with Seasons, and he will also be updating his other maps for Seasons compatability too.
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

BigAl Farming wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:36 pm Oxygen David has already confirmed on his facebook page that he's submitted the Oakfield Farm update to Giants for it to work with Seasons, and he will also be updating his other maps for Seasons compatability too.
Oh ok thats nice to know so will wait until its updated for seasons
dtmaster

Post by dtmaster »

I have solved the problem with the game crash when you open the menu. Season Mod can not handle its own hud pictures for the fruits. This is very bad.
kintino

Post by kintino »

Seasons seems to work well on 'Old Stream Farm', no problem trees, curious to see how it looks in Estancia Lapacho
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

sootysax wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:01 pm now that Seasons has been released on Modhub, will we be able to access the Dev Version on Github, so we don't have to wait for it to get through the GIANTS queue?
You can If you clone the entire repository.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

dtmaster wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:18 pm
theSeb wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm
dtmaster wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:43 pm Season works so far on my map .. No error in the log, etc. .. It's snowing too .. But as soon as I open the Seasons menu crashed the game without an error message.
Sorry about that. It’s an error in the German translation file causing this. It’s already been fixed in the dev version. I shall go and flagellate our German testers.
So I hardly think so about the Game Crasht. The game Crashes anyway if I play my ModMap with extra fruits. Map Starts without problems. Once the menu is called the game crashes without error.
Then your mod map has too many height types.
dtmaster

Post by dtmaster »

No the Problem are the Fruit Huds.. I have in the map individual Fruit Huds.. With Standard huds no problems with all fruits..
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Isn't that a mod ? Just use standard if that works until the mod is fixed.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Did fs17 seasons have these problems at the start? it seemed to run ok on all maps, its that long ago I forgot, it might be wise to wait till a map is ready to work ok with seasons 19, seems to be a lot of problems with this one, is there any maps out there that do work perfectly with 19 seasons?