How is it after the first day

Aholz89

Re: How is it after the first day

Post by Aholz89 »

It released yesterday.. what are you missing?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
george.earlslight

Re: Seasons - Fallow Fields

Post by george.earlslight »

As I understand the mod needs to see that the field doesn't have any fruit type on.
If you harvest, the fruit type remains on the map view, so it needs to be dug out in order to not show a fruit type.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

No planting during one year. Fallow will be registered at the beginning of a new year (between late winter and early spring). If you have not planted during that past year it will be fallow
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

So we can perform ground work, it is the actual planting that is the trigger. Many thanks for clarifying.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Zenc

season-contract equipment has zero durability

Post by Zenc »

I just tested season on two default maps, the contract equipment provided for completing jobs has no durability. they all appear worn and paint scratched off. there is no green bar on the repair status.
is this a bug?
reallogger

Re: Seasons and animals

Post by reallogger »

Only doing grazing is not possible. For sheep though it can save you a lot of money and work. For cattle it is also a good option for dairy that are not milking (dry or too young). For fattening it is better to go for TMR for maximising weight gain. Keep in mind we have increased effectiveness of only grass to 60% for cattle.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Isn't that why farmers bring cows in during winter??? I think Tyler just wants to know like myself roughly how many pastures it would take for around 100 cows from late spring to late autum which would be more realistic then feed em for winter with tmr, I too am looking forward to this feature on console and looking forward to seeing what the modders do with this feature for cows
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Where I'm from I see cows in fields everywhere, not sitting in barns waiting they're tmr lol, joking aside can't wait for this to come on Xbox, watching all the streams of PC guys is driving me mad
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Guil

Re: season-contract equipment has zero durability

Post by Guil »

I noticed this too, vanilla game the equipment is worn too. I'd imagine in seasons it's to represent stuff about to fall apart and that's why the farmer has offered the contract. Just a guess though.
Zenc

Post by Zenc »

half green bar is fine but no green bar on repair means machine will work poorly.
george.earlslight

Some tips on Seasons crop rotation - Possible spoilers

Post by george.earlslight »

Crop rotation is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting features Seasons can offer.
While some people would like to explore by themselves how crop rotation works, others would prefer some tips, as real farmers would pass the knowledge from generation to generation.
All the following information are a product of my own research and may contain shortcomings. I will edit this post to keep it correct and up to date.

As anyone can see in the rotation planner, all crops are categorized.
Here are the basic categories and the fruits themselves.
  • Oilseeds / Canola, Sunflower, Radish
  • Cereals / Barley, Oat, Wheat, Corn
  • Legumes / Soybean
  • Roots / Sugarbeat
  • Nightshades / Potato
  • Grass / Grass, Poplar, Sugarcane, Cotton
Crop rotation happens between fruit categories. Specific fruits are not relevant, just their category.
Having the above knowledge here are some tips in the form of small advice.
Stop reading now if you don't like to spoil yourself.
  • The soil "remembers" of the two previous crops planted.
  • Fields get drained of their nutrients when the same crop is planted over and over. Some crops are more prone to this.
  • Leaving the field fallow for a year has great benefits. For some crops it can be avoided as it would have the same effect if paired with a good combination.
  • Oilseeds like to have cereals, legumes, and roots on the prior years.
  • Cereals like to have oilseeds, legumes, and grass on the prior years. They can't tolerate nightshades.
  • Legumes don't really care what's planted before them but benefit the most from fallow years.
  • Roots like cereals and dislike oilseeds, nightshades and grass.
  • Nightshades dislike legumes, roots and grass and only benefit the most from fallow years.
  • Grass likes cereals.
Feel free to post your favourite rotation and why you like it.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zenc wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:28 pm half green bar is fine but no green bar on repair means machine will work poorly.
If the harvester is the same it will affect crop yield too which could impact the contract.
IceUul

Re: How is it after the first day

Post by IceUul »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:26 pm Unfortunately seasons will never be the same without quality mods that makes the seasons even more enjoyable.
What mods?
Zenc

Post by Zenc »

then it will force you to use your own equipment, but then what is the point for contract leased equipment?
fenixguy

Re: Some tips on Seasons crop rotation - Possible spoilers

Post by fenixguy »

Now we just need a good GEO that supports cotton and double-crop soybeans and we have a winner!

Oh... also need seasons on my Xbox. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!