Do you think Claas is coming?

Is Claas going to be in the Platinum Edition?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 131

gingeredscot73

Re: Do you think Claas is coming?

Post by gingeredscot73 »

iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

_LIFAD_ wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:35 pm Never would Claas offer a stage, hold presentations etc. just to show a new Case/New Holland/ John Deere DLC. The fact they show the platinum Addon directly at claas is a 100% confirmation for me.
What i wanna see though is a Xerion 3300/3800 and 4500/5000, that new Lexion 8900, a Claas Jaguar and maybe some grass equipment (Claas Cougar anyone?).
Plus they’re showing off the platinum dlc right after CLAAS has been on stage...
Ignorance is bliss
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

garyst wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm
jvd2297 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm
garyst wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:26 pm I think it is coming. The only claas that I really want is a lexion combine, but only in the American colors. That would be the only thing that would make me buy the dlc. I would definately try out the tractors too though to see if I would like any of them enough to add to my farm.
The new American Claas 2020 combines are in the standard Claas green and white.
Didn't know that, well then as long as it has the option for an smv logo instead of the striped squares I guess I will still buy it, but still think the dark yellow and black paint scheme looked alot better to me.
The yellow and black lexicon color scheme is a special paint job for combines sold at caterpillar dealers because cat and class developed lexicon together. I’m not sure the details but that’s the gist of it. It’s something similar to challenger tractors with cat and agco. I’m not sure they make them any more, at least not the small ones, they just get them in there colors (which is far better than any green or red tractor) and sell service and deal parts for them. So as far as I know, as long as you go to a cat dealer or don’t have a class dealer near you,they will still be the same.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

ltl.vamp wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm
O5-Chris wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:00 pm i voted no, too unlikely.
Thx@German_Humor.de for Thisis@confirmation.com!
Good thing i'm austrian.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

O5-Chris wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am

Good thing i'm austrian.
She has a VW near to her heart.

Edit: when Giants talked the first time about a partnership, I thought, ok, we will get a cap or a cup! LOL
Last edited by ltl.vamp on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:29 am

Good thing i'm austrian.
She has a VW near to her heart.
That seems kinda unhealthy
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Yeah, let us BTT. Sorry.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

_LIFAD_ wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:35 pm Never would Claas offer a stage, hold presentations etc. just to show a new Case/New Holland/ John Deere DLC. The fact they show the platinum Addon directly at claas is a 100% confirmation for me.
What i wanna see though is a Xerion 3300/3800 and 4500/5000, that new Lexion 8900, a Claas Jaguar and maybe some grass equipment (Claas Cougar anyone?).
Claas Cougar is not in the production anymore. So I wouldnt hope to see that.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:41 am
The yellow and black lexicon color scheme is a special paint job for combines sold at caterpillar dealers because cat and class developed lexicon together. I’m not sure the details but that’s the gist of it. It’s something similar to challenger tractors with cat and agco. I’m not sure they make them any more, at least not the small ones, they just get them in there colors (which is far better than any green or red tractor) and sell service and deal parts for them. So as far as I know, as long as you go to a cat dealer or don’t have a class dealer near you,they will still be the same.
Claas and Caterpillar entered into a 50/50 partnership in 1997. I think it was mostly a Claas machine but they needed support in the US. They also piggybacked off the Cat name because it was more familiar here. In 2004, after Cat passed their tractor line to AGCO, Cat sold off its remaining share to Claas. However, Claas kept the yellow and black colors so the change wouldn't seem so abrupt...but the did dump the Cat name.

Getting rid of the Cat yellow and distancing themselves from Cat will be the best thing for Claas. Honestly, AGCO should do the same with Challenger.

Cat's corporate leadership has made some really questionable decisions over the past several years. Their situation smells a lot like the International Harvester debacle from 40 years ago. They have gotten too complacent and are wasting a lot of money. Competitors are chipping away.
kintino

Post by kintino »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:38 pm
kintino wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:39 pm opss :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean Claas is a great brand to be represented in a DLC, it should come straight into the game in the base game, just like Jhon Deere in FS19, AGCO in FS17 ...

it's what I think,
sorry for my English
I have no qualms about Claas in the game...it would be a great addition. If Giants brought Deere in on the FS17 platinum release, I certainly wouldn't be bothered in the least.

As far as representing a brand amongst its peers, Claas is certainly widely known but it depends on the products and market. Just as a comparison in terms of the ag equipment marketplace, Claas is about 20% of Deere, 40% of CNHi and 50% of AGCO.

The importance of the platinum release shouldn't be discounted...its important to both Giants and Focus in terms of sales. It's not known what the timeline was but from a business perspective, it made sense to split Deere and Claas into two offerings to boost sales.

I don't know that we will see much for game changes in the platinum edition...I have a feeling it will be a big, new equipment add to parallel Agritechnica.
I understand, but I still maintain my point of view, if DLC Claas arrives as it seems it would be welcome, I really like the harvesters and forages of the brand.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Good thing i'm austrian.
Ahhhh is THAT the Austrian flag?? Who knew
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:32 am Getting rid of the Cat yellow and distancing themselves from Cat will be the best thing for Claas. Honestly, AGCO should do the same with Challenger.
AGCO introduced the Fendt 1000 as a yellow Challenger 1000 in the US.
The new Fendt 900 series won’t be sold as a Challenger though. They’ll be selling it as a green Fendt instead.
Ignorance is bliss
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:33 pm
AGCO introduced the Fendt 1000 as a yellow Challenger 1000 in the US.
The new Fendt 900 series won’t be sold as a Challenger though. They’ll be selling it as a green Fendt instead.
I think when they announced that the Ideal wasn't going to carry the Challenger name in the US...and would be Fendt (over even Massey) that told me they were heading in a different direction. Then AGCO bought the Lely hay lineup and branded it Fendt (again, over Massey). Then again, dropped Challenger in Europe and opted for the Fendt colors.

I don't think it will happen overnight but I think AGCO needs some brand identity and consolidarity. So many brands have lost that through mergers and buyouts. AGCO is the most extreme example of that. Deere would be the opposite extreme.

Claas did what was necessary at the time but are moving away from it. They've maintained a steady course and have not been acquired or merged. They stay true to what their strengths are and improve elsewhere.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:41 am
garyst wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm
jvd2297 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm

The new American Claas 2020 combines are in the standard Claas green and white.
Didn't know that, well then as long as it has the option for an smv logo instead of the striped squares I guess I will still buy it, but still think the dark yellow and black paint scheme looked alot better to me.
Class is doing away with the yellow and black color scheme soon.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That has been known for some time