How is it after the first day

Lostfarmer6474

Seasons on Ravenport.

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

I can not believe seasons were not included with base game. I tried new game yesterday on Ravenport . 3 days seasons, start from scratch mode. Man, Ravenport looks so good with new weather effects.
I bought field 1 with planted grass, put trailer house next to it, just across whale skeleton.Then built red barn ( with WORKING doors, Giants, lol). Then made some gravel area around it. And worked on sillage bales.
Clouds , rain , nights it is like different game. Finally I will start serious play out on that map. Did not like it before.I hope that red barn mod will work with snow mask.
Thanks for great mod, guys.
FarmBoss

Re: Seasons on Ravenport.

Post by FarmBoss »

Yes, Giants must be happy. Their game is finally complete. All they had to do is wait patiently for other people unrelated to the company, and working for free.

Can't wait to jump in myself!
Guitarman

Re: Question about selling in Seasons.

Post by Guitarman »

Hmm, that's me pretty much stumped. Got any mods running other that seasons?
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You do realise that one of them actually works for Giants.
CriusXD

Re: Question about selling in Seasons.

Post by CriusXD »

Guitarman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm Hmm, that's me pretty much stumped. Got any mods running other that seasons?
Nope, but I think they lowered the price of silage, because they changed some prices to be more realistic.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Interesting , game engine supports all those weather effects. But they never end up in vanilla game. It is like Giants spoon feeding new futures to us every 2 years just to keep ball rolling. When I played FS19 first time I was not impressed with lighting and weather. But, man, same map looks way different with seasons. Also soil moisture already in game engine but never end up as game future.
I am not trying to start console and pc war, but it is like games futures were watered down on pc end and seasons are opened real futures of game engine update.
theSeb

Re: season-contract equipment has zero durability

Post by theSeb »

Equipment selection = not seasons

The wear, there was a method to the madness, but what’s described here sounds like we went too far and broke something. Literally and figuratively
BreadedVirus

GIANTS - Oakfield seasons update

Post by BreadedVirus »

Any clue as to how long it will be released?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
wiseguy49

Re: GIANTS - Oakfield seasons update

Post by wiseguy49 »

Since we are on the topic - I'm wondering the same thing about the GlobalCompany scripts.

Giants could make this the best week / month in the history of the Farming Simulator series with its release as well as Seasons already out. Come on.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:40 pm You do realise that one of them actually works for Giants.
I believe Rahkiin works at Giants. Gameplay Programmer at Giants and Lead Programmer at Realismus Modding
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yes I know, that was the whole point of my comment.
Oddbob

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by Oddbob »

OlavEmil wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm The 2048x2048 definitely makes placing the snowmask alot more forgiving.

I still can't seem to make this work. I have scrapped all my previous work and started from a blank download of the map. Reading through the full Seasons Mask manual again, before completing each step to the letter (except adding appropriate file paths where required). I am perfectly able to find the seasons info layer in the editor, and place it where I don't want snow to fall. Still, when I save it and rezip all the files into the original mod zip file (overwriting all files), snow still falls everywhere. At this point, I only have the map file and seasons in my mod folder, starting a new game (with no other saves existing in the game).

At this point, I can only think of two things I don't feel sure about.

First, I have limited experience with the editor, and I may have forgotten something since last time I used it. Is there anything more than simply saving the file in the editor and rezipping that needs to be done for edits to actually show up in game?

Second, I notice that under Maps in the manual (the page before the Seasons Mask page), it says "To activate custom Seasons files for your map, add a folder named seasons next to your map XML file. Put all Seasons related XML files in that folder. The mod will automatically find those files." Does this apply in any way for adding snowmask to a map? I can't think of any custom Seasons related XML files I would put in such a folder.
I am having the same issue. Followed the tutorial video on YouTube perfectly step by step. I am able to paint the mask anywhere I want, there are no errors listed in the editor console, but in game, the snow falls everywhere. The map I am using, originally had tipcol in various spots, which seems to stop snow, however not in non GE buildings. Is pre-existing tipcol messing up when you try to paint the seasonsmask?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

looking behind the scenes u get an idea.. compare fs17 base game and fs19 base game... do u know how much of this game seems to have been built around seasons.. it would seem to me that Giants provided some of the most vital tools in the creation of seasons 19 through game mechanics that do little to nothing in the base game.. it could be argued that seasons19 wouldn't even exist in its current complex and beautiful state without the collaboration of Giants and RM.. its funny how everyone assumes giants gives a **** about seasons in their game when it seems unlikely.. the current game model provides more flexibility for mods like seasons and many others from what I can see and giants still continues to help provide the tools to advance and create them.. but sure.. everyone calls the game incomplete because its not exactly what they expected.. seems legit
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
AgPro Farms

Re: Seasons, soil temperature, and germination

Post by AgPro Farms »

I like what I'm hearing AKlein. More eager for Seasons to make it to console after this info. Thanks
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Sir_Kutz

Re: Seasons - thank you.

Post by Sir_Kutz »

Not to speak down on any other modder or mod team, but Realismus is killing it!