How is it after the first day

Doc3d

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by Doc3d »

Not too different, I think. I didn’t even notice there was a new one. Painting the mask is the same either version as far as I can tell. There is some additional info about increasing the resolution of the mesh which is handy since it makes it a lot easier to place correctly. Otherwise I think you can’t go wrong using the old version.
juf.de

Re: Seasons and LS-modcompany mods

Post by juf.de »

Same for me, so thanks aswell.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Wolf Farming

Re: GIANTS - Oakfield seasons update

Post by Wolf Farming »

Yeh im waiting but as there’s a long list of mods waiting for testing and it all depends where it is in the queue and how long QA gets through them all and if it passes 1st time. so I’m Chilling on other things for now
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Procobator

Re: Seasons - Months

Post by Procobator »

In 17 you couldn’t change the seasonal description to months using a GEO. Maybe you can this time around? Idk yet.
zoli10

Seasons GEO

Post by zoli10 »

Hi!

First of all, I would like to thank you this great mod. I'd like to make a custom GEO, and my question is as follows:
- what does it mean in the crops.xml the following "terms":
- incrementByOneRange
- incrementByRange
- incrementBy

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for my english :)
OlavEmil

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by OlavEmil »

Haha, you're right. I somehow ended up in the Seasons 17 tutorial. That explains why that method didn't work.

Well, that was embarrassing...
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:55 am
theSeb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 pm We didn't name them as months on purpose for various reasons. One is that it makes it easier to use the mod with Southern Hemisphere GEOs. Two: if we did then people would be going on about ohh you don't normally plant wheat in *insert month* around where I live. with a period the whole idea is a bit more abstract and thus we can ignore such whining.
Those could be solved if mapmakers named the months relevant to their specific GEO.
The other problem is translation. It’s not just about the English people. So that’s not a solution at all
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Victor997 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:47 pm Is it still as easy to edit the names of the seasons to months?
Yup. You can do that.

We won’t be making any of the changes suggested here.
theSeb

Re: Seasons bug or ancient PC?

Post by theSeb »

Seasons does put not an insignificant extra strain on a system.

Edit: spelling. duh
Last edited by theSeb on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theSeb

Re: Seasons on Ravenport.

Post by theSeb »

Don’t know what you mean by supervising seasons. No one does it. We work fluently as a team. I’ve project managed occasionally but there is no real need. We never pressure each other, because Seasons is not Part of our jobs. That includes everyone in the team.
bossmanslim

Re: Some tips on Seasons crop rotation - Possible spoilers

Post by bossmanslim »

CriusXD wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pmI started a new game, and had fallow, fallow on the first field. But when I scanned my fields after harvesting grass, the previous state of the field was cereal, but I planted grass, can you check that?
It is a little complicated and the clarification from Realism isn't great, more so when starting out.

For each field when you start you have:

Prior Previous: crop before that, this would be crop 1 in the planner
Previous: crop before, this would be crop 2
Planted: almost always withered or harvested, this would be crop 3
What you are going to plant: this is crop 4
What you will plant next: this is crop 5
What you will plant after next: this is crop 6

For the above, we don't really care about the yields of crop 1 to 3 because that is historical data.

When starting out, there are two methods from what I can see:

1) Enter in all the above data 1-6 to try and optimize the yield on the field. A second column will need to be used starting at line item 4 of the first column to get a good rotation down once the farm is in a production mode

2) Don't worry about it the first couple of harvests and get into a standard rotation. This is probably the desired method for when fields are merged and had different crops previously, making the rotation hard to figure out; more so when different families were planted previously.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

We are not the best at writing manuals. I'll explain why:

1. It's super boring

2. We prefer to not just give everything away. We want you guys to explore

I love this thread. Carry on.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

theSeb wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:03 pm We are not the best at writing manuals. I'll explain why:
You forgot the most important reason no ones write manuals; no one reads them anyway.

I don't mind "exploring" mechanics as long as they are consistent and logical.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:46 am
Fairview Simulations wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 am I remember back on the farm many years ago we would
Barley
Canola
Wheat
Wheat (this crop got the greatest advantage)
Oats under sown with lucerne
5 year break stock allowed to graze once lucerne was established

I don’t think this works in game
It wouldn't, as Seasons penalizes planting the same crop each year.
Also, I don't know what undersowing is (computer farmer only). Did you sow oats, press it down and then sow lucerne above?
Under sow,
IMO, basically growing two crops in same field at same time, generally one germinates first and grows quicker and taller as season suits it, second germinates and begins growth under shelter from first crop, once first crop is eaten,cut or whatever it is generally a suitable season for the second crop to mature which is usually (in my part of the world) a baling or grazing crop that will last a few seasons/cuts
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
High Cotton

Re: Seasons GEO

Post by High Cotton »

I second this. I’ve been working on a Geo as well through trial and error. More error than anything. I have noticed the figures range from 1-6. Is there table of what growth stage those correlate with.