JD Cotton DLC - anyone have problems with manual trailers?

fozbot1973

JD Cotton DLC - anyone have problems with manual trailers?

Post by fozbot1973 »

I bought the Cotton DLC and filling the included autoloading trailer (the semi-truck 4 bale one) I can easily pull it around at full speed using the in-game MAN truck. If I take those same four bales and load them with a wheel loader onto a regular bale trailer (I've tried two different ones, one was the in-game Fliegl cage trailer) then I can only drive at 16 mph. With 6 bales I am lucky to eventually get to 13mph. I know the bales are heavy and the autoloading trailers "magic" the bales away but it seems unrealistic that the two types of trailers act so differently. I really don't like to be negative (the insane heat here hasn't helped my spirit) but the whole reason for me buying this pack was so I could manually load bales and if even a reasonably powerful truck can't pull a trailer with a few bales then what's the point? If I can drive at speed with 30+ regular silage bales on a medium tractor why do even two 10000 litre cotton bales reduce a powerful truck to a crawl? EDIT: even the Roadrunner at 620 horsepower can only pull 4 bales at about 18-19mph.

I feel that this aspect needs work; either make the bales lighter so the manual handling aspect actually has meaning or weigh down the autoload trailers to match the weight on regular trailers. Give us some consistency. As it stands the only use for the tools is taking the bales off the field and feeding them into the autoloading trailer.

Apologies if this is whingy; I've just spent the night listening to thunder in my boiling hot bedroom which has only just now dipped to 28 degrees.
garyst

Re: JD Cotton DLC - anyone have problems with manual trailers?

Post by garyst »

Me and my brother noticed the same thing. Loaded a few bales on a flat deck trailer and had to push the semi up the bridges on Pacific northwest with my lizard dually because it struggled so much.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Well.. I had the same Idea, and the Hulk struggled with the bridge leading to the sell point on PNW. Second load with 7 modules instead of 9 worked a lot better. But forget speed. All in all its quite heavy.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Damn, there goes my idea of loading 2 trailers 2 bales high.. Disappointed face mode
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

If you consider that each bale is 2.5 US Ton, then 9 would 22.5 Ton, so your hulk should be able to pull them no problem, i know i was struggling to pull 5 with a 450hp JD 8R which would tell me there is something wrong with the weight settings of the bales in game, i used to drive a small ridged truck which could carry 31 US Ton all day long, and semi trucks are far more powerful than what i drove.

I got tha bale information from here:

https://www.farmprogress.com/new-module ... -price-tag
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yeah. Seems they're a little heavy. I think I'll just use the Lizard trailer and do 4 at a time. That seems quicker than manual loading and then driving at 10mph.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

You can check the weight of the loaded trailer by selecting it using G and then open the console and run gsVehicleDebugPhysics.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

According to deeres website the modules weigh between 2000 - 2500kg, so the truck should easily pull a trailer with 9 of those strapped down.

But nevertheless, I enjoyed it. The bales are easy to move around and does not roll around that much. I will blame the transmission on the Hulk, it was stuck in the low range and clutch was slipping...
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
oyildirim

Post by oyildirim »

I am also experiencing this problem. I loaded a trailer with 5 cotton bales (JD ones) and I could not exceed 14-15 km/h.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

garyst wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:23 pm Me and my brother noticed the same thing. Loaded a few bales on a flat deck trailer and had to push the semi up the bridges on Pacific northwest with my lizard dually because it struggled so much.
What we need is a push/pull mod for the trucks. Probably not possible but I think it would be awesome for getting the heavy loads where they need to be
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm Damn, there goes my idea of loading 2 trailers 2 bales high.. Disappointed face mode
Exactly. I had hoped I could take more than the default trailers, but can't even take that much.
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

Aholz89 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:43 pm According to deeres website the modules weigh between 2000 - 2500kg, so the truck should easily pull a trailer with 9 of those strapped down.

But nevertheless, I enjoyed it. The bales are easy to move around and does not roll around that much. I will blame the transmission on the Hulk, it was stuck in the low range and clutch was slipping...
Thanks, I didn't think they should be having an effect like this. I gave up with them in the end, though I still have 40 round bales to shift. I've sold the harvester and I'm going to go back to modules. Maybe I'll try it again if a modder comes up with an auto-load bale trailer that handles them and doesn't get bogged down, but even using the DLC 4 bale semi trailer is too frustrating as you have to get the angle, distance and position just right or it won't see the bale. I never had much trouble with the modules, but here it seems unreasonably picky about positioning and there are also twice as many bales to deal with to make it even more irritating. Without being able to use regular bale trailers all this DLC does is increase your work effort at more initial cost. There's NO benefit I can think of to doing cotton this way, just more work.

When I've sold the bales I have I'm going to just uninstall the DLC and forget about it.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

fozbot1973 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:08 am
Aholz89 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:43 pm According to deeres website the modules weigh between 2000 - 2500kg, so the truck should easily pull a trailer with 9 of those strapped down.

Thanks, I didn't think they should be having an effect like this. I gave up with them in the end, though I still have 40 round bales to shift. I've sold the harvester and I'm going to go back to modules. Maybe I'll try it again if a modder comes up with an auto-load bale trailer that handles them and doesn't get bogged down, but even using the DLC 4 bale semi trailer is too frustrating as you have to get the angle, distance and position just right or it won't see the bale. I never had much trouble with the modules, but here it seems unreasonably picky about positioning and there are also twice as many bales to deal with to make it even more irritating. Without being able to use regular bale trailers all this DLC does is increase your work effort at more initial cost. There's NO benefit I can think of to doing cotton this way, just more work.

When I've sold the bales I have I'm going to just uninstall the DLC and forget about it.
I find doing it this way much better, even if you carry four bales at a time, then that's the same as using the Module Bale trailer, i have made a cotton only farm and am using only John Deere with a low loader, where i can quite happily carry six Bales with no issue, i don't mind the extra work of loading, however i do have workers driving two harvesters and find i can keep up quite happily i feel storing the round bales will be easier than square, waiting for the best price in seasons. but each to his own i guess, i'm sure they will fetch out a patch to fix the weight issue.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

Farming Girl wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:41 am
I find doing it this way much better, even if you carry four bales at a time, then that's the same as using the Module Bale trailer, i have made a cotton only farm and am using only John Deere with a low loader, where i can quite happily carry six Bales with no issue, i don't mind the extra work of loading, however i do have workers driving two harvesters and find i can keep up quite happily i feel storing the round bales will be easier than square, waiting for the best price in seasons. but each to his own i guess, i'm sure they will fetch out a patch to fix the weight issue.
What kind of speed are you getting from that lowloader? I tried the goldhofer trailer with four bales and only got up to 19mph, and it bottomed out on the slightest bump or hill.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Not a great speed, probably about the same, I got great speeds downhill lol, but I’m ok with that, the cotton gin is not too from my farm
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding