JD Cotton DLC harvesting question

Hoss1

JD Cotton DLC harvesting question

Post by Hoss1 »

:confusednew: I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if I’m not doing something correctly... when I’ve completed picking cotton, I unload the unfinished bale but cotton still remains in the harvester. I’ve tried everything I can think of (that’s not saying much :lol: ). I’m playing on Welker Farms Map on Xbox1.

Thanks in advance for any help. :hi:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Phigo

Re: JD Cotton DLC harvesting question

Post by Phigo »

It is not possible to unload that last bit. As you can't fold the harvester in that state, I assume it to be a bug. Was asked a few times but still no Statement from giants
PS4 und PC
crash

Post by crash »

You must try to get the pre chamber over 2500, then it unloads into the baler.. whatever volume between 1-2500 remains in the pre chamber untill next time around.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
crash

Post by crash »

On another note. One should think that incomplete bales would end up at 2500,5000 and 7500 liters. But it seems that the cotton goes directly to the baler when the prechamber gets emptied.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Thanks for the replies! I apologize for repeating a known question. I should’ve looked on the “bug” thread first. :search:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

In real life the operator can manually empty the accumulator (prechamber) into the module builder at anytime and the module can be made nearly any size. Should always be able to clear the machine of cotton and fold down to transport position.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

IowaFarmer34 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:16 pm In real life the operator can manually empty the accumulator (prechamber) into the module builder at anytime and the module can be made nearly any size. Should always be able to clear the machine of cotton and fold down to transport position.
This^^^

I have had the same issue. Luckily for me the field was close to the reset point. If didn’t mean an unnecessary trip across the map. I just reset the picker. I lost 800l of cotton but was able to fit it inside the building folded up.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Yeah, this is something that should be corrected by Giants. Given the value of cotton, we should be able to empty the accumulating chamber into the module builder. Theres a lot of money in there
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I made a bug report last week about it. If your having same issue please leave a comment in my report and maybe giants will look into it and tell us its working as intended (WON'T FIX) :lol:
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

i was thinking of buying this dlc until i saw that it dont work right.
dsn005

Post by dsn005 »

How do I get mine. I paid for it and it was taken out of my account but I did not get my activation code when it was released.
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

you should have gotten the code by email as soon as you paid.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Hoss1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 am :confusednew: I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if I’m not doing something correctly... when I’ve completed picking cotton, I unload the unfinished bale but cotton still remains in the harvester. I’ve tried everything I can think of (that’s not saying much :lol: ). I’m playing on Welker Farms Map on Xbox1.

Dont know if this works on the John Deere
picker but it works on the Case one.
If you just gotta get the cotton out,you can try the Edge Fill All or MultiFill mod.(The one thats black or gray)
Use it to fill the bale.
Then you can close it. I guess it could be considered cheating,but you get the machine
empty.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
STL

Post by STL »

[/quote]
Dont know if this works on the John Deere
picker but it works on the Case one.
If you just gotta get the cotton out,you can try the Edge Fill All or MultiFill mod.(The one thats black or gray)
Use it to fill the bale.
Then you can close it. I guess it could be considered cheating,but you get the machine
empty.
[/quote]

With the John Deere it will fill the module builder, but not the accumulator chamber. So it won't help with being able to empty the harvester, so that it can be folded.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Hoss1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 am :confusednew: I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if I’m not doing something correctly... when I’ve completed picking cotton, I unload the unfinished bale but cotton still remains in the harvester. I’ve tried everything I can think of (that’s not saying much :lol: ). I’m playing on Welker Farms Map on Xbox1.

I Know i'm Weird, I had the same problem, but as long as there is no low bridges i find it easier to transport and store in the operating position, so i wasn't worried :mrgreen:
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding