For the factory lovers

Batla

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by Batla »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 am A question... some people say that it's boring running up and down fields and doing the same things over and over again and factories give them more to do.... but isn't it just more doing the same thing over and over again... taking some input A to place B and taking output C to place D and then taking the other output E to a selling place F.
Kinda, but then again, it gives it another layer. Like, farming crops is one layer, then you add on animals for another layer, seasons for another, and then factories for another. The more layers you add, the more you can do. It might be "more of the same" but still requires abit more planning. So instead of just, "eat, sleep, plow, repeat", its "Okay, i need some logs so i can produce pallets for the bread that i made from the flower i got from my wheat, but i dont have the time today, since its late sommer and i need to harvest, and also need to make some hay for the winter"
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Fair enough. It's not for me, but I can see why people enjoy it. I kind of enjoyed Farming Manager 2018 or whatever it was called, despite all the bugs that eventually got fixed, but felt it was ruined by the factories. I wish they had focused more on the actual farming.
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am Fair enough. It's not for me, but I can see why people enjoy it. I kind of enjoyed Farming Manager 2018 or whatever it was called, despite all the bugs that eventually got fixed, but felt it was ruined by the factories. I wish they had focused more on the actual farming.
Oh boy, you just reminded me the old sim farm game from 1993 !!!
that was something
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 am A question... some people say that it's boring running up and down fields and doing the same things over and over again and factories give them more to do.... but isn't it just more doing the same thing over and over again... taking some input A to place B and taking output C to place D and then taking the other output E to a selling place F.
I would say it gives players alternative stuff to do to break up just driving up and down fields over and over again. It's still important for players to find a good balance between doing the field work stuff which is still important to making income and doing the production/factory other stuff. Having for the last month played exclusively on a dedicated server with other players, I've observed a lot of common traits that players seem to do that can make the game even more repetitive and boring. For example I'll often log in and find all the fields we own are at the exact same state, they all need harvesting or all need ploughing/cultivating or all need seeding. Players don't seem to stagger their fields or work, which means they end up taking themselves down the path of spending hours just doing the same thing. I don't know about other people but I can't drive a harvester or a plough for six or more hours consecutively anymore in this game. I get bored. So I would tend to maybe harvest one or two fields, then stop and go and do something else, maybe fertilise and cultivate those harvested fields, then go to the silo and maybe do some runs selling stuff, then go round to the production buildings and check they are loaded up and running, then go round with the stuff produced and refill the refill points on the map, as another thing I notice is none of the other players on the server do this. I'm sure they think the seed/fertiliser/lime bins next to fields just magically fill themselves up. Same as I'm sure they think vehicles magically repair and refuel themselves as well.

I know for a lot of players of the game they do have this simple mentality of "Turn Dirt, Make Profit", and yes when you're first starting out with the game and learning the game that's a good thing to do. However surely when you've put in a good number of hours, 100+ or so, you kind of want to do more in the game then just turn dirt and make profit. Surely you want to explore some other game-play options within the game?

I also think factories and production mods are a good companion of the seasons mod, as it offers players stuff to do during those summer and winter months where they can't do anything whilst waiting to plant crops or harvest crops. And allows players to fill their time and days to the fullest, rather then just having long periods where they are standing around doing nothing, or accelerating time trying to get to the point where they can do some field work.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Batla

Post by Batla »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am Fair enough. It's not for me, but I can see why people enjoy it. I kind of enjoyed Farming Manager 2018 or whatever it was called, despite all the bugs that eventually got fixed, but felt it was ruined by the factories. I wish they had focused more on the actual farming.
Yeah, thats why it should stay optional, like seasons, but still be available! It was really nice in multiplayer in FS17, i liked the production aspect and a friend og mine really liked the farming parts, so we had a great time!
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:42 am
I would say it gives players alternative stuff to do to break up just driving up and down fields over and over again. It's still important for players to find a good balance between doing the field work stuff which is still important to making income and doing the production/factory other stuff. Having for the last month played exclusively on a dedicated server with other players, I've observed a lot of common traits that players seem to do that can make the game even more repetitive and boring. For example I'll often log in and find all the fields we own are at the exact same state, they all need harvesting or all need ploughing/cultivating or all need seeding. Players don't seem to stagger their fields or work, which means they end up taking themselves down the path of spending hours just doing the same thing. I don't know about other people but I can't drive a harvester or a plough for six or more hours consecutively anymore in this game. I get bored. So I would tend to maybe harvest one or two fields, then stop and go and do something else, maybe fertilise and cultivate those harvested fields, then go to the silo and maybe do some runs selling stuff, then go round to the production buildings and check they are loaded up and running, then go round with the stuff produced and refill the refill points on the map, as another thing I notice is none of the other players on the server do this. I'm sure they think the seed/fertiliser/lime bins next to fields just magically fill themselves up. Same as I'm sure they think vehicles magically repair and refuel themselves as well.

I know for a lot of players of the game they do have this simple mentality of "Turn Dirt, Make Profit", and yes when you're first starting out with the game and learning the game that's a good thing to do. However surely when you've put in a good number of hours, 100+ or so, you kind of want to do more in the game then just turn dirt and make profit. Surely you want to explore some other game-play options within the game?

I also think factories and production mods are a good companion of the seasons mod, as it offers players stuff to do during those summer and winter months where they can't do anything whilst waiting to plant crops or harvest crops. And allows players to fill their time and days to the fullest, rather then just having long periods where they are standing around doing nothing, or accelerating time trying to get to the point where they can do some field work.
I think that you have too much free time :mrgreen:
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I'm sure I read somewhere this script was going to be released today, according to the new list I guess some are going to be disappointed !
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:39 pm I'm sure I read somewhere this script was going to be released today, according to the new list I guess some are going to be disappointed !
Can you tell me, as a german, why is the nordfriesische marsch most popular map ?
Its using productions as well.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

It was pronounced from the modder itself that it will be released today.

https://ls-modcompany.com/forum/thread/ ... #post62578
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

TobiHH wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm It was pronounced from the modder itself that it will be released today.

Not according to the mods in testing list that has just been updated... It's still in testing.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Bartalos1 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:39 pm I'm sure I read somewhere this script was going to be released today, according to the new list I guess some are going to be disappointed !
Can you tell me, as a german, why is the nordfriesische marsch most popular map ?
Its using productions as well.
Never used that map..

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:50 pm
TobiHH wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm It was pronounced from the modder itself that it will be released today.

Not according to the mods in testing list that has just been updated... It's still in testing.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:50 pm

I only reflect what the modder mention on his homepage.
He is very reliable, so I guess he received info from Giants already that it will be released today.

But again, I only repeat the information the modder gave.
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

Seasons came out late afternoon (CEST)
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Bartalos1 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:18 pm Seasons came out late afternoon (CEST)
Agree'd but would giants keep the mod in the updated list if they was about to release it a few hours later?
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 pm
Bartalos1 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:18 pm Seasons came out late afternoon (CEST)
Agree'd but would giants keep the mod in the updated list if they was about to release it a few hours later?
There is always mods still in the updated list that then get released
PC & Xbox One