John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Tylercheesey1986

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Just booted up a new save on Felsbrunn, farm manager it was something like 50 slots used at start, been a long time since I played a vanilla map but I'm sure both maps were 300-500 slots used in the past, PS4 guys don't worry it will be worth the wait.. I know we all would eat our own leg for more slots, I have felt ya pain. Im thinking Giants will sort it out asap now they are back home and working in their own office not hotel rooms
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Kenna

Post by Kenna »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:53 pm Just booted up a new save on Felsbrunn, farm manager it was something like 50 slots used at start, been a long time since I played a vanilla map but I'm sure both maps were 300-500 slots used in the past, PS4 guys don't worry it will be worth the wait.. I know we all would eat our own leg for more slots, I have felt ya pain. Im thinking Giants will sort it out asap now they are back home and working in their own office not hotel rooms
if there looking into it then I'm guessing it's not meant to be like it is on xbox so my guess is the slot count will go back up.
Tylercheesey1986

Kenna wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:24 pm
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:53 pm Just booted up a new save on Felsbrunn, farm manager it was something like 50 slots used at start, been a long time since I played a vanilla map but I'm sure both maps were 300-500 slots used in the past, PS4 guys don't worry it will be worth the wait.. I know we all would eat our own leg for more slots, I have felt ya pain. Im thinking Giants will sort it out asap now they are back home and working in their own office not hotel rooms
if there looking into it then I'm guessing it's not meant to be like it is on xbox so my guess is the slot count will go back up.
Why would they put count back up??
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
Kenna

Post by Kenna »

If it was meant to be they wouldn't be looking into it.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yeah I think folks better prepare themselves that this was a mistake and the slots will be restored to what they were. Hopefully not but it is a possibility.
Tylercheesey1986

Did ya'll ever think they may be looking into it to get the slot decrease applied to PS4 as well??
That would make the most sense
50-120 head.
Kenna

Post by Kenna »

If giants had made the slot count lower for console they both would of had the update at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's a bug and slots will go back up. If they don't then great. I'm on ps4 so desperately want more slots.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I have no inside knowledge as to why this has happened so all possibilities make sense.
Focusing on one only leads to potential disappointment for some. So I'll wait until we have an official statement on the matter.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 pm Maybe the slots didnt actually go down but its just reporting or counting them incorrectly
This is a very interesting thought. But I will say that if it was a mistake and the bump Xbox back up, I think then more and more will ask why it can't be done??! Xbox users...does the machines look any different or game run worse than before?? If not then bring on the lower slots! Lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Kenna wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:35 pm If giants had made the slot count lower for console they both would of had the update at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's a bug and slots will go back up. If they don't then great. I'm on ps4 so desperately want more slots.
I agree that both should be the same but why would the Xbox be wrong? The change could have been intended for both consoles and only took effect on one.

Adding the cotton DLC the day after the update and with the Platinum edition on the way, they need more slot space. It hardly pays to keep offering DLC's if players cant even use the additions
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:04 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 pm Maybe the slots didnt actually go down but its just reporting or counting them incorrectly
This is a very interesting thought. But I will say that if it was a mistake and the bump Xbox back up, I think then more and more will ask why it can't be done??! Xbox users...does the machines look any different or game run worse than before?? If not then bring on the lower slots! Lol

Nope. Works perfectly right up to the limit.
FS 22 and loving it.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

So hmm... how long can it take to find out if it was intenional our not.... ? 🤔😳
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Some type of message from the devs would be nice, though. Something along the lines of "this was intentional" or "it was an xbox system update" or "oops".

I don't want to go all in on John Deere equipment, then be over the limit with a new update.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:11 pm Some type of message from the devs would be nice, though. Something along the lines of "this was intentional" or "it was an xbox system update" or "oops".
Once i have something, i'll type something like that.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I highly doubt the slots will go back up. If the game runs fine up to the limit there is no reason to revert it.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer