For the factory lovers

Goose66

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by Goose66 »

Yes, all are in English.
The main mod has all the scripts for future factories and production builds. They've added a few handy machines but the main reason is for mappers to use the script for factories etc.
And they look way better than some of the machines out.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

girlie100 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:41 pm
Farming Girl wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:39 pm Ive never used them, so i dont know... i want a cheese making place and a micro brewery.. then i will be happy! oh and the ability to grow hops would be nice... maybe in the future giants would introduce this crop
beer or wine making would probably affect their age rating
Yes, I think it was explained in a different post. Same goes for tobacco farming. As the game is rated for children I guess they can’t add things that require an age limit to buy or use as it’s inadvertently promoting the items.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Goose66 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:06 pm
And they look way better than some of the machines out.
Thats for sure!!
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Oh dear it's hosted on uploaded... Deepbird here I come!
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

It's only a 3 and a half minute dl. Not too bad. Just done it myself
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:46 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:37 pm I must be a bit stupid then, are there not mods that do this anyway? Lot's of production mods out there that do this already, so what is so good about this? I dont ask in a way that I am trying to put the mod down, I genuinely want to know what this mod is about!?
Same here, what’s been released so far has already been available for some time (just not through modhub) so a bit of a let-down. Based on the early comments in this thread I’m assuming there must be more to come from this for production of more interesting things?

Can someone confirm that these mods have English translation? I just about get by with the other mods (choosing the right one from the shop is the hardest part!) as they aren’t in English but these look a bit more involved.
yes they do
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I think I'm going to take these early released buildings and see if I can edit them and change the imputs and outputs to something not covered by the already existing buildings we have. The Global Seed Maker doesn't work for me with it's requirement to use Herbicide, much prefer the existing buildings that require Fertiliser which is a component we can make with the Fertliser Buildings. Herbicide can't be made currently with any of the existing buildings, but I may now do the investigative work to see if I can turn this seed maker into a Herbicide Production Facility.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

What is this all about?

Makes for a tough choice, unless Place Anywhere functionality is included in the Global Company script.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Maybe just disable while placing any GC items?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I think the Global Company mod comes bundled with a few of LS's other scripts, looking in the additional folder I see BaleAddon, Horse Helper, More Trees, Object Info and Extended Placeable. I'm going to guess that Extended Placeable is their own version of Place Anywhere. However I've never tried theirs as the one from naPalm works so damn well, another version wasn't needed.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 pm I think the Global Company mod comes bundled with a few of LS's other scripts, looking in the additional folder I see BaleAddon, Horse Helper, More Trees, Object Info and Extended Placeable. I'm going to guess that Extended Placeable is their own version of Place Anywhere. However I've never tried theirs as the one from naPalm works so damn well, another version wasn't needed.
Where can i download your new productions?
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Just added it to one of my savegames and in game had a couple of mod conflict messages. I can't remember ever seeing a message in game about mods, but it tells me to remove horse helper (not a problem on this map) and it also doesn't like Place Anywhere. I like the idea of Global Company, but Place Anywhere is a must have for me so sorry Global Company, unfortunately you had to go.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah this is an issue, why do they feel the need to include their own version of Horse Helper, Place Anywhere and the other Additional Scripts in that folder of the main Global Company Download. Just doing a test on a save game and their Place Anywhere mod is not as good as the already existing version. I also don't see anything on the ModHub description where it mentions these additional mods coming bundled with the Global Factory Scripts. I think they'd be better off removing these additional mods and just focusing on the factory and production stuff. Let us continue using our existing mods that already do the jobs like Horse Helper and Place Anywhere.

Edit: Maybe these additional mods are mentioned in this image:

But unfortunately I do not read or speak German. So once again Giants fail to apply their own mod rules, which state Descriptions need to be available in English and German as a minimum. Would have been nice to see an English language screenshot or two on the ModHub.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 pm Just added it to one of my savegames and in game had a couple of mod conflict messages. I can't remember ever seeing a message in game about mods, but it tells me to remove horse helper (not a problem on this map) and it also doesn't like Place Anywhere. I like the idea of Global Company, but Place Anywhere is a must have for me so sorry Global Company, unfortunately you had to go.
By pressing Ctrl + G ingame, you can activate Extended Placeable and Horse Helper included in Global Company. I don't know the horse helper mod you use, but hopefully this should cover your needs.