For the factory lovers

FarmerLee73

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I have just ignored the warning about place anywhere but have not used any GC items yet.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:06 pm Yeah this is an issue, why do they feel the need to include their own version of Horse Helper, Place Anywhere and the other Additional Scripts in that folder of the main Global Company Download. Just doing a test on a save game and their Place Anywhere mod is not as good as the already existing version. I also don't see anything on the ModHub description where it mentions these additional mods coming bundled with the Global Factory Scripts. I think they'd be better off removing these additional mods and just focusing on the factory and production stuff. Let us continue using our existing mods that already do the jobs like Horse Helper and Place Anywhere.

Edit: Maybe these additional mods are mentioned in this image:

But unfortunately I do not read or speak German. So once again Giants fail to apply their own mod rules, which state Descriptions need to be available in English and German as a minimum. Would have been nice to see an English language screenshot or two on the ModHub.
Well I don't know what the Modhub rules are, but (and I'm not having a go at you here) it's an international game played by people from all over the world, so I would say it is fine for them to create mods in their own language. I would say that this forum is for such eventualities, as OlavEmil replied with some helpful feedback and the language barrier was overcome.

Ain't the interweb great!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:35 pm
Well I don't know what the Modhub rules are, but (and I'm not having a go at you here) it's an international game played by people from all over the world, so I would say it is fine for them to create mods in their own language. I would say that this forum is for such eventualities, as OlavEmil replied with some helpful feedback and the language barrier was overcome.

Yeah it's an international game, which is why in the ModHub Guidelines for Modders rule 8.2 States all Descriptions and Images must be at least in English and German. So they really should add another Screenshot to their ModHub listing to comply with rules, because right now the English speaking people have no clue what extra stuff they have included in this mod which conflicts with mods we already have and prefer using.

Now I'm going to do a test and see how the Mod works, if I delete that additional scripts folder from the zip file and remove them. I don't need horse helper or extended placeables by the LS-Company because I already have better mods in Animal Helper and Place Anywhere.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I feel you completely missed my point about this excellent forum. I do not speak German, but a helpful fellow virtual farmer (who either is German or speaks it well) showed me the way. I'll leave it there, and thank you OlavEmil.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 pm Now I'm going to do a test and see how the Mod works, if I delete that additional scripts folder from the zip file and remove them. I don't need horse helper or extended placeables by the LS-Company because I already have better mods in Animal Helper and Place Anywhere.
Looking forward to the result
SGOrcs

Post by SGOrcs »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 pm
BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:35 pm

Yeah it's an international game, which is why in the ModHub Guidelines for Modders rule 8.2 States all Descriptions and Images must be at least in English and German. So they really should add another Screenshot to their ModHub listing to comply with rules, because right now the English speaking people have no clue what extra stuff they have included in this mod which conflicts with mods we already have and prefer using.

Now I'm going to do a test and see how the Mod works, if I delete that additional scripts folder from the zip file and remove them. I don't need horse helper or extended placeables by the LS-Company because I already have better mods in Animal Helper and Place Anywhere.
Horse Helper is a LS-Modcompany made mod, likely why they rolled it in. Maybe the Place Anywhere dev is also a member of LSMC?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm going to say Place Anywhere was not made by anyone who is a member of LSMC, seeing as the LSMC Extended Placeable lua file starts with the following:

-- v1.0.0.0 (17.03.2019):
-- - initial fs19 (kevink98)
--
--
-- Notes:
-- Convert ExtendedPlaceable.lua from ls17
-- 'FS19PlaceAnywhere' is an invalid mod! He have no permission from me to convert this script in fs19!
--
-- ToDo:

So I'm guessing LSMC is trying to take credit for creating a place anywhere mod for FS17, and want to prevent people using the Converted Mod for FS19.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

SGOrcs

Post by SGOrcs »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:53 pm I'm going to say Place Anywhere was not made by anyone who is a member of LSMC, seeing as the LSMC Extended Placeable lua file starts with the following:

-- v1.0.0.0 (17.03.2019):
-- - initial fs19 (kevink98)
--
--
-- Notes:
-- Convert ExtendedPlaceable.lua from ls17
-- 'FS19PlaceAnywhere' is an invalid mod! He have no permission from me to convert this script in fs19!
--
-- ToDo:

So I'm guessing LSMC is trying to take credit for creating a place anywhere mod for FS17, and want to prevent people using the Converted Mod for FS19.
Very interesting!
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

They did create a place anywhere mod for fs17. It was built into the map Stappenbach.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I like this mod a lot:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Realistic and functional.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

So just done my test, launching the game with the 'additionals' folder within the main FS19_GlobalCompany.zip file deleted and the lua scripts within. Game loaded and seemed to work okay. I still got the warning about having Place Anywhere activated, but was able to close that message without quitting the game. I then did a test by buying and placing some placeables and the original Place Anywhere mod still functions correctly and perfectly. So I'd perhaps recommend to everyone removing this folder and the scripts within which have absolutely zero to do with Factories or Production Buildings and just seems to be LSMC trying to force their other mods onto players and disable/cause problems if you are using other mods that they don't like and believe people shouldn't be using.

wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

If you don’t like it then don’t use it. My opinion: it’s the best thing to happen to fs19 to date . Already got one of my factories up and running with multiple triggers and production lines.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:21 pm I feel you completely missed my point about this excellent forum. I do not speak German, but a helpful fellow virtual farmer (who either is German or speaks it well) showed me the way. I'll leave it there, and thank you OlavEmil.
Happy to help :). I am not German, nor speak the language, I figured it out by trial and error when using the mod in game :gamer: .

Also, yes, the Place Anywhere script definitely stems from LSModCompany. As Way2drunk2walk already pointed out, this was a script built into the excellent Steppenbach 17 map, and was later made into a separate mid by someone else. Surely without permit, but extremely useful. Happy to see it provided game wide by the original author at last.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:24 pm Game loaded and seemed to work okay. I still got the warning about having Place Anywhere activated, but was able to close that message without quitting the game. I then did a test by buying and placing some placeables and the original Place Anywhere mod still functions correctly and perfectly.
The game does that without removing any files, as I mentioned earlier I just ignore the message and everything seems to work but as I stated before I have not used any GC items in game yet.

After posting this I watched this by FK... It clears up this issue for me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsYiejFT1rg

Thanks FK!
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Is the seed maker cheaper to use than buying seed from the store?
the big print giveth the small print taketh