For the factory lovers

FarmerLee73

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by FarmerLee73 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 am Is the seed maker cheaper to use than buying seed from the store?
Well seeing as it doesn't cost anything to make the seed then yes! Obviously you have to consider the time/work to grow and harvest the grain for the seed makers, actually I forgot that this maker requires herbicide which will cost to buy, the seed maker script I use requires fertilizer which can be made with another production mod.

I would imagine that this version of production still works out cheaper otherwise what would be the point in using it.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

OlavEmil wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:59 am
BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:21 pm I feel you completely missed my point about this excellent forum. I do not speak German, but a helpful fellow virtual farmer (who either is German or speaks it well) showed me the way. I'll leave it there, and thank you OlavEmil.
Happy to help :). I am not German, nor speak the language, I figured it out by trial and error when using the mod in game :gamer: .

Also, yes, the Place Anywhere script definitely stems from LSModCompany. As Way2drunk2walk already pointed out, this was a script built into the excellent Steppenbach 17 map, and was later made into a separate mid by someone else. Surely without permit, but extremely useful. Happy to see it provided game wide by the original author at last.
Accept the Extended Placeable mod by LSModCompany isn't as functional as the Place Anywhere Mod converted and expanded by Napalm00. Yeah they may have made the first script for FS17, but Napalm made it far better for FS19. His mod allows you to place objects on land you do not own and also allows you to disable objects from deforming or changing the terrain when placed. The Extended Placeable Mod does not allow you to do these things. This is why I'm going to continue using Place Anywhere.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:07 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 am Is the seed maker cheaper to use than buying seed from the store?
Well seeing as it doesn't cost anything to make the seed then yes! Obviously you have to consider the time/work to grow and harvest the grain for the seed makers, actually I forgot that this maker requires herbicide which will cost to buy, the seed maker script I use requires fertilizer which can be made with another production mod.

I would imagine that this version of production still works out cheaper otherwise what would be the point in using it.
Yeah I also use the Production Mod which takes Wheat, Barley, Oat and Fertiliser to make seed. Will continue to use that as the Global Company one requires Herbicide which for 1. Costs Money to Buy which is a no no for me and my multiplayer servers and 2. Doesn't make a lick of sense why that is used in seed production. As I can make Fertiliser for free with the other Production Mod, using either Manure, Slurry or Digestate, then I can continue to make Seed for free, providing I put the time in to grow and harvest the crops.

Now if Global Company could produce a machine or building for making Herbicide then things would a lot different, as that's the only item we have yet been unable to produce. All the other things a farmer could need have been covered by the buildings that have already been released. I just need a Herbicide machine and my collection is complete.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am

Yeah I also use the Production Mod which takes Wheat, Barley, Oat and Fertiliser to make seed. Will continue to use that as the Global Company one requires Herbicide which for 1. Costs Money to Buy which is a no no for me and my multiplayer servers and 2. Doesn't make a lick of sense why that is used in seed production. As I can make Fertiliser for free with the other Production Mod, using either Manure, Slurry or Digestate, then I can continue to make Seed for free, providing I put the time in to grow and harvest the crops.

Now if Global Company could produce a machine or building for making Herbicide then things would a lot different, as that's the only item we have yet been unable to produce. All the other things a farmer could need have been covered by the buildings that have already been released. I just need a Herbicide machine and my collection is complete.
You could change the xml files of either production mods so that it requires Fertilizer instead of Herbicide, think I am going to do that to mine now.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:45 am
cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am

You could change the xml files of either production mods so that it requires Fertilizer instead of Herbicide, think I am going to do that to mine now.
Which xml files do you edit?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:44 pm Which xml files do you edit?
I am not sure on the rules of showing people how to edit another persons work, that said I am sure that everyone does it!

1.Open the zip file, which in this case is the seed maker

2.Edit seedMaker.xml and look for line 81 if using notepad++ or the following code..

Code: Select all

<fillTypes>
<fillType name="herbicide" />
</fillTypes>
3.Change herbicide to whatever you want and save file.
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:21 pm
I am not sure on the rules of showing people how to edit another persons work, that said I am sure that everyone does it!

2.Edit seedMaker.xml and look for line 81 if using notepad++ or the following code..

<fillTypes>
</fillTypes>
I think the rule is that you cannot take someone's work, change something in it, and then post it up as yours.

I agree that modding work for your OWN personal use is allowable.
Flat Stanley
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am Now if Global Company could produce a machine or building for making Herbicide then things would a lot different.
Just seen one on a third party site, not sure if we are allowed to post links on here?
CriusXD

Post by CriusXD »

Flat Stanley wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:30 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:21 pm

<fillTypes>
</fillTypes>
I think the rule is that you cannot take someone's work, change something in it, and then post it up as yours.

I agree that modding work for your OWN personal use is allowable.
He doesn't upload the change in the file, but only explains how to change it. I can't see the problem.

I change also a lot of mods and help people if they want to change mods.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

There is no problem changing mods, if it is for your own personal use, at least in the UK under copyright law, the issue would be if you then wanted to distribute the mod, also showing someone how to edit a section of code has no issue in my opinion.

As far as Herbicide V Fertiliser, farmers treat seeds before planting or buy Pre-Treated seed, normally with a fungicide which is mixed with a film coating of a bright colour, this protects the seeds and makes them flow better in the seeder and gives protection from known disease. I can see the sense of adding a Fertiliser to this film, as it would give the seedling a boost, however i don't see the point of a herbicide as this is sprayed soon after the crop is planted to prevent weeds from growing.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:06 pm
But unfortunately I do not read or speak German. So once again Giants fail to apply their own mod rules, which state Descriptions need to be available in English and German as a minimum. Would have been nice to see an English language screenshot or two on the ModHub.
you are aware that Google Translate exists?
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

sootysax wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:06 pm
But unfortunately I do not read or speak German. So once again Giants fail to apply their own mod rules, which state Descriptions need to be available in English and German as a minimum. Would have been nice to see an English language screenshot or two on the ModHub.
you are aware that Google Translate exists?
Yes it does, and I have had to use it to translate my mods, and it is available to the German modern too! What’s good for the goose is good for the gander!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

someone have seen Google Translate to translate a pic?, what a laugh :lol:
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

BernardC wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:42 pm someone have seen Google Translate to translate a pic?, what a laugh :lol:
yes, the Google Translate app on my phone, you point the camera at text, and it instantly translates.. what planet have you been living on?

This is very handy for in-game German signs and text, by the way
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Yes I don’t have an issue with it in maps, I thought they were on about descriptions in the shop. There are loads of maps with just English, what’s the issue?
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding