DEF...can it be added to the base game ?

Richard Dower

DEF...can it be added to the base game ?

Post by Richard Dower »

I love the DEF mod, adds another layer of vehicle maintenance, pity it's not in the base game, as it seems alot of base game machines have DEF tanks and have info on DEF capacity already.
theSeb

Re: DEF...can it be added to the base game ?

Post by theSeb »

DEF is already in the game as you said... usage and refilling, but it's hidden from the player. It gets refilled every time you refuel the tractor automatically and because the rate of use is less than fuel you never run out. I don't know why it's in the game and simulated, yet never shown to the player.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Richard Dower wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm I love the DEF mod, adds another layer of vehicle maintenance, pity it's not in the base game, as it seems alot of base game machines have DEF tanks and have info on DEF capacity already.
If you have it as a mod which you like, why does it need to be added to the game?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Is it only in diesel cars in America? DEF wouldn't make sense here as diesel and petrol cars use adblue.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Isn’t adblue like def?

Edit: it is the same thing apparently Image
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yeah that's why I said DEF wouldn't make sense, I meant the name lol.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Guil wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:16 am Is it only in diesel cars in America? DEF wouldn't make sense here as diesel and petrol cars use adblue.
It's probably the same thing I've noticed America has different names then the UK on alot of stuff
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
silveradoman298

Post by silveradoman298 »

Playing PS4:

I too would have enjoyed the added maintenance of have to add DEF to tractors, or at least the ability to choose if I want to use that feature during play. However I realize, if you utilize DEF in game, where does it stop. If I had DEF, I would then want a diesel particulate filter and accompanied regen process in game, or the ability to choose to use off road high sulfur diesel or highway low sulfur diesel (USA). Also the accompanied efficiencies or non efficiencies these items entail.
Last edited by silveradoman298 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

If DEF was in-game, one would need to repair the tractor 100 times and refuel it twice before ever needing to top of the DEF.

It's all broken.

Maybe in FS21... Not holding my breath.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Guil wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:16 am Is it only in diesel cars in America? DEF wouldn't make sense here as diesel and petrol cars use adblue.
It's probably the same thing I've noticed America has different names then the UK on alot of stuff
Once again, adblue is the same thing as DEF. adblue is in petrol and diesel cars so calling it diesel exhaust fluid would not make sense. Why would you put something labeled diesel into a petrol engine?
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

I hate to be contradictory but I'm fairly certain that adblue is only for vehicles that run on diesel. Petrol/gasoline engines produce different exhaust gasses so adblue or def would not be as beneficial in reducing emissions. I could be wrong though.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

w2d2w is corect, it's for diesel engines only: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust_fluid, AdBlue is just a trademark for it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

Well what do ya know, I could have sworn I read something or someone told me about adblue in petrols too. Thanks for correcting me.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

GenXFarmer wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:03 pm If DEF was in-game, one would need to repair the tractor 100 times and refuel it twice before ever needing to top of the DEF.

It's all broken.

Maybe in FS21... Not holding my breath.
The only thing broken is the maintenace. Fuel usage is very close to real life, and yea you generally only need to add DEF every other/3rd fill up. People complaing about fuel usage is getting annoying. If other expenses were added in, say house hold bills (grocerys, power, taxes, insurance etc...) you woulden't be trading a tractor in before refueling it... also just playing with the economy on hard I have to re fuel quite a bit before even considering upgrading my equipment.

On topic:
Def not being utalized but added to some equipment is just weird... I tried the mod, but there was some equipment that I knew required it but it diden't in game, and others that deffinatly shoulden't have that did...
PC gamer.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Show me a tractor or combine in real life that can go an entire season without needing more fuel.

It's broken. Thank God one can edit xmls to fix it.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.