For the factory lovers

FarmerLee73

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Not sure if we can post third party links so please delete if it’s against the rules...

For those interested in the mods I mentioned earlier...
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... ktionen-1/
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

sootysax wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:06 pm
But unfortunately I do not read or speak German. So once again Giants fail to apply their own mod rules, which state Descriptions need to be available in English and German as a minimum. Would have been nice to see an English language screenshot or two on the ModHub.
you are aware that Google Translate exists?
You can't translate the screenshot or any picture with Google Translate, and I don't see why I should have to re-type it when the rules are there in black and white that mods need to have their descriptions and documentation in both English and German as a minimum. Giants wouldn't allow my mod on the ModHub because I didn't have a German Name and Description in the Moddesc, I did try to add a German Name and Description using that same Google Translate you mention, however Giants came back to me and said the translation was incorrect. So Google Translate doesn't work perfectly. So in the end I decided to refuse to add a German Name and Description, which I felt was perfectly fine as I'm not a German speaker. Giants said they would not certify my mod without this, so that's why it remains private use. So this Global Company mod shouldn't have been published until the description and accompanying screenshots were also in accordance with the rules and had an English version available. That's the the trouble with Giants they are very inconsistent when applying their own rules. You can see why the best modders are staying away from the ModHub and self-publishing their work.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

The translate thing on the phone actually works. I didn’t know about it so had to try and sure enough. It translated from the live camera. Very cool!
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 pm
But unfortunately I do not read or speak German. So once again Giants fail to apply their own mod rules, which state Descriptions need to be available in English and German as a minimum. Would have been nice to see an English language screenshot or two on the ModHub.
You can't translate the screenshot or any picture with Google Translate, and I don't see why I should have to re-type it when the rules are there in black and white that mods need to have their descriptions and documentation in both English and German as a minimum. Giants wouldn't allow my mod on the ModHub because I didn't have a German Name and Description in the Moddesc, I did try to add a German Name and Description using that same Google Translate you mention, however Giants came back to me and said the translation was incorrect. So Google Translate doesn't work perfectly. So in the end I decided to refuse to add a German Name and Description, which I felt was perfectly fine as I'm not a German speaker. Giants said they would not certify my mod without this, so that's why it remains private use. So this Global Company mod shouldn't have been published until the description and accompanying screenshots were also in accordance with the rules and had an English version available. That's the the trouble with Giants they are very inconsistent when applying their own rules. You can see why the best modders are staying away from the ModHub and self-publishing their work.
As mentioned you can take pics of your screen, however, i do find google translate not quite up to standard, so i use cut and paste with Word in Microsoft office, it can be bit slower but i find you get better results,i have submitted two mods using this to translate to both French and German, and had no issues at all.

But as you say the standard for Moddesc should be the same for all Modders, pictures in game i can accept as there are many just in English.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Caduryn

Post by Caduryn »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 pm
You can't translate the screenshot or any picture with Google Translate
You actually….. can.
Take your Smartphone, use Google Translate Camera Mode and it will instantly translate the Text on your Screen.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

My Spanish-speaking landscaper holds his phone up to our sprinkler system control box to be able read the settings in Spanish. I was amazed.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Global company released wood factory.

https://ls-modcompany.com/filebase/file ... 2#overview
Dal100

Post by Dal100 »

this mod is amazing .. But the only thing i dont like is how much the Horse helper gets paid £300 per horse when some horses full health are only paying out £250 max . so u lose money with this on . i like keeping horses but hate riding them thats why i use the helper ... wonder if it could be edited down to £200 per horse
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Dal100 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:53 pm this mod is amazing .. But the only thing i dont like is how much the Horse helper gets paid £300 per horse when some horses full health are only paying out £250 max . so u lose money with this on . i like keeping horses but hate riding them thats why i use the helper ... wonder if it could be edited down to £200 per horse
I you are on pc you can edit the wages in the xml file to whatever you want
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Dal100

Post by Dal100 »

yes i have that done , was just a thought for people who cant edit XMLS
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Then if people don't like it they should learn to edit XMLs so they can fix it. Or don't use it.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Farming Girl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm
Dal100 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:53 pm this mod is amazing .. But the only thing i dont like is how much the Horse helper gets paid £300 per horse when some horses full health are only paying out £250 max . so u lose money with this on . i like keeping horses but hate riding them thats why i use the helper ... wonder if it could be edited down to £200 per horse
I you are on pc you can edit the wages in the xml file to whatever you want
what is the file you have to edit because in the GC folder I can only find .lua for the horse helper?

thanks
PC & Xbox One
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

@girlie100: open the FS19_GlobalCompany.zip, open "GC_HorseHelper.lua" in the "additionals" folder with Notepad++ and search for this line:

Code: Select all

GC_HorseHelper.price = 300;
Edit "300" to whatever you seems is acceptable, save the file and when closed, 7zip/winrar/whatever progrmm you use should tell you that there is a changed file and it needs to repack, klick "yes", wait untill it finished and you are good to go.
Last edited by juf.de on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

juf.de wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 am @girlie100: open the FS19_GlobalCompany.zip, open GC_HorseHelper in the "additionals" folder with Notepad++ and search for this line:

Code: Select all

GC_HorseHelper.price = 300;
Edit "300" to whatever you seems is acceptable, save the file and when closed, 7zip/winrar/whatever progrmm you use should tell you that there is a changed file and it needs to repack, klick "yes", wait untill it finished and you are good to go.
but I don't have any xmls in the additionals folder? only luas?
PC & Xbox One
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

PC & Xbox One