Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Doc3d

Re: Seasons thoughts ... correct or not?

Post by Doc3d »

The missions change depending on what season you are in. But understandably all the fields need fertilizing, cultivating, plowing etc. so there tend to be a lot of missions with one chore to do at the same time. Since all the farms follow the same calendar I don’t see how this can be much different. As for the loan, I agree.. you can change the interest-rate by editing the xml, so that’s one way around it.
Especially the first year there is a lot of waiting. But how would you like the, to change this? After fertilizing, cultivating and seeding, what else can you do but wait for your crops to grow?
Guil

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Guil »

integrofan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm Hi,

We are playing with the seasons Mods on our Server, but unfourtnaly my fields are "Withered"... The Seasonslenght is 6 Days...

i have planted my wheat on the 4th Day in Spring and my Maize on the 1st Day of Summer... now we are in the Time to Harvest/Making Chaff and everything is withered...

The Temperatur was at seeding above the required Temperatur and also there was a good temperatur above the Summer... I also spray the Field against Weed...

What was my fault? When i'm looking also on the Fields of the NPC.. there are also many fields that are withered...

Map is Geiselsberg... An Issue of the Map, that isn't Seasonsready yet?
If the soil moisture is too low then you can end up with drought, that leaves the harvested state I think.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

bossmanslim wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:13 pm This is my first time playing seasons and I have some observations. I like the flavor of seasons, but I feel like I spend a lot of time waiting around.
Am I missing something? I feel like I need to cheat in about 5 million to keep the game interesting, otherwise its 3/4 spraying and 1/4 stuff I like to do.
With Seasons you need to add extra activities to your game play during summer and winter seasons, such as irrigation, contracting, bee keeping, orchards, production facilities, horse training, foresting, and so on. All the stuff one tends to forget about without the Seasons mod. Fortunately, there are many exciting mods to try out.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
integrofan

Post by integrofan »

Guil wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:17 pm
integrofan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm
If the soil moisture is too low then you can end up with drought, that leaves the harvested state I think.
Ah okay, so then the Maize/Wheat will be growing, but after this it will be "Withered"?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

If you plant outside of the ideal temperature it will not germinate or wither depending on the temperature. If you plant and the crop grows a stage, then get a cold spell so the temperature drops below the threshold it might wither some or all of your crop.

There are some issues with the current version tho. Somehow the default growth was not completely disabled so you can get some weird growth cycles before seasons is updated. RM is working on the update and will issue it as soon as they can.
Until then make sure you are within the right temp for whatever crop you’re planting and look ahead in the forecast to see if there are any periods it gets significantly colder, if so maybe you should wait before planting if possible. Part of what seasons bring is this uncertainty and possibility of a failed crop, so you need to plan ahead.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

My game freezes at 24:00 with seasons mod. If I uncheck the mod the game goes past 24:00. I have no other mods in this test. I'm playing the stock map Ravenport.
Last edited by Greymantle1 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Then maybe something wrong with the map you are on, unless it’s one of the base game maps?!
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Doc3d wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:02 pm The missions change depending on what season you are in. But understandably all the fields need fertilizing, cultivating, plowing etc. so there tend to be a lot of missions with one chore to do at the same time. Since all the farms follow the same calendar I don’t see how this can be much different. As for the loan, I agree.. you can change the interest-rate by editing the xml, so that’s one way around it.
Especially the first year there is a lot of waiting. But how would you like the, to change this? After fertilizing, cultivating and seeding, what else can you do but wait for your crops to grow?
For contracts, the fields should be staggered on when they go into and out of each stage in the game. For the overall boredom factor, the fast forward needs to go higher than 120 and you should be able to sleep at anytime.

Really, what Seasons needs is a resource pool like Stardew Valley where you only have so much energy per day with a palacable (bunk house) that gives you more energy to work with and some credit/tax for doing short/long days. The main issue is that with the time acceleration button, players are never really balancing the time resource, so they can basically stop time to do everything they want in basically one day and then accelerate through the boredom portions of the game. I know some people play on a given speed and leave it that way, but that also doesn't seem quite right to me either because IRL, I'd work 40 hour weeks in the winter and summer, while working 84+ hour weeks in the spring and fall, basically working long hours and then recuperating later in the year.
blue_painted

Re: Seasons mod

Post by blue_painted »

OlavEmil wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:57 pm I know it was briefly discussed earlier, and that it was a deliberate choice, but I would also like to see the skip night function from FS17 Seasons return. In addition to IseOlen's point below, which I wholeheartedly support, I also occationally run into the dreaded "You are not tired" message after sunset.

If it is a simple code, I for one would be very happy to have it back :) .

IseOlen wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 pm "Sunrise" is moving time in Seasons. Inbuilt function does not let me get up at sunrise but I have to calculate every time and even then it's "closest hour".
So Giants solution is similar but worse.
I wouldn't mind if it was just a change from "how many hours to sleep" to become "when to wake up" because the in-game purpose of sleep isn't to rest for X hours but to run the midnight/day change porcesses and start the next day.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Greymantle1 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 pm I have a question about weeds. I did a preempt spray after I seeded and I'm still getting weeds. What am I doing wrong?
Probably nothing. There are some reports like this so we are looking into it.
Greymantle1 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:14 pm My game freezes at 24:00 with seasons mod. If I uncheck the mod the game goes past 24:00. I have no other mods in this test. I'm playing the stock map Ravenport.
Pretty sure this is related to one of the bugs we have fixed.
integrofan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 pm Ah okay, so then the Maize/Wheat will be growing, but after this it will be "Withered"?
Also related to a bug where the default vanilla growth is not completely turned off. We are aware of it and it is fixed for the next update.
Jonhinkerton wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:41 pm Will the mod still recognize the previous crop in the field? Or if I have them just plowed will it set them to fallow? I feel like that might be useful for starting rotations.
The mod remembers the two previously harvested crops. Ploughing does not affect fallow. Only not harvesting for a year does.
bossmanslim wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:13 pm
I have no other advise than to play at 5x of 15x speed. 15x and 6 day season should give you plenty to do if you have some fields. Otherwise this mod is perhaps not for you.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Any ETA on the update?
(Not asking for a set time of day, more like early/late this week, maybe next week, maybe in three weeks)
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

This week
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

reallogger wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:25 am I have no other advise than to play at 5x of 15x speed. 15x and 6 day season should give you plenty to do if you have some fields. Otherwise this mod is perhaps not for you.
No biggie, this isn't really a huge complaint as I understand that this is a personal taste. I'd really like to find a mod that lets me advance time at around 600x instead of a max of 120x or go to sleep whenever I want for however long I want instead of being limited to post 19:00. I think that would fix most of the time issues for me.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

There is a mod letting you speed up to 6000x. Maybe the xml can be modified to do 600x instead.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

If the update is this week rahkiin, does this mean it's close to comming to console? Not trying to rush yas lol
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw